Windows 10: Desktop Icon and Folder Text

Discus and support Desktop Icon and Folder Text in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Can someone direct me to where I can change the font color of icons and folders appearing on recently acquired HP Envy X360 Laptop running Windows 10?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KPD_1948, Jul 14, 2020.

1. KPD_1948 Win User

Desktop Icon and Folder Text

Can someone direct me to where I can change the font color of icons and folders appearing on recently acquired HP Envy X360 Laptop running Windows 10? Default seems to be white text which is not legible on light blue background. Need to change either the text color or the background.

:)

KPD_1948, Jul 14, 2020

2. How to make a Uber Hidden Folder

• Make a new folder.
    • Change the icon to a blank icon. No icon should appear
    • Rename the folder to a blank by pressing "alt + 255." (NOTE: Press 255 on the numpad) No text should appear.
    • Your done! It is uber hidden. *Big Grin Desktop Icon and Folder Text :D

PVTCaboose1337, Jul 14, 2020
  3. Missing Desktop Icon Text

You can't rename or even create new folders, etc ... The icons are there I just took a screenshot to show what I was talking about. The icons are unclickable

Morrison5891, Jul 14, 2020
  4. Mr McC Win User

Weird desktop icon behaviour on Steam

Yes, they are; however, when I right click on the "blue sphere" icon to change it and browse to the corresponding folder inside the Steam folder, it lets me go through all the steps, but the blue sphere remains. *Confused Desktop Icon and Folder Text :confused:

Mr McC, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Desktop Icon and Folder Text - Similar Threads - Desktop Icon Folder

2. Desktop Icon text is in shadow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icon text is in shadow: Windows 11 just updated with latest version 22H2 OS build 2261.2428. Now the desktop icons labels are in shadows. I checked registry and found that ListViewShadow was set to 0 the setting to eliminate shadows. Yet the problem persists. Anyone have suggestions on how to fix...
  3. Desktop Icon text is in shadow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Icon text is in shadow: Windows 11 just updated with latest version 22H2 OS build 2261.2428. Now the desktop icons labels are in shadows. I checked registry and found that ListViewShadow was set to 0 the setting to eliminate shadows. Yet the problem persists. Anyone have suggestions on how to fix...
  4. Desktop Folder Icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop Folder Icons: I changed my desktop folder icons through properties in the folder the folder is not a shortcut. I downloaded a icon and used that and every couple minutes, the icon changes back to its default. Is there any way to fix this?...
  5. Desktop Icon text color

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icon text color: How do you change the windows 10 desktop icons text color? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icon-text-color/afb02ab9-ff54-4ecc-86c0-f9b4ce215329
  6. NO text on desktop icons & small text on google

NO text on desktop icons & small text on google: hello community! i'v just logged n to my laptop and my desktop icons have no text, i cant type in cmd, taskbar options are blank. i'm quite upset because i don't know how to fix it because everything is blank and and i dont know what to to! please im urging sombody,...
  7. Icons not showing but text showing on desktop.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Icons not showing but text showing on desktop.: Hi! This is my first time on here and i need help so ill get straight to the point. So a few minutes ago as im writing this, i restarted my computer because my taskbar wasnt showing. So it turned back on, the taskbar was showing, but my icons were not but the text or title...
  8. Win10 desktop icon text colour

Win10 desktop icon text colour: Hi, i have a problem i have seen commented on many time going back several years so i am hoping MS has finally fixed the problem. The text for the desktop ICONs is white and almost unreadable when there is a light screen. I run three monitors as a CAD designer and have...
  9. Desktop icon text color

Desktop icon text color: The default color for my desktop icons is a white font, which is hard for me to see. I can't seem to find a way to change either the color, size, or bold of the text beneath the icon...
  10. Outlined text under desktop icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Outlined text under desktop icons: Hi. The text under my desktop icons are "outlined" and very hard to read (see screenshot). Where can I change this setting? Thanks. [img] 95463