Windows 10: Desktop icon banners much too long

Discus and support Desktop icon banners much too long in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I returned to my W10 laptopr which had rebooted and the desktop had changed and required a password to enter. (Previously disabled). All of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gwatts, Apr 18, 2017.

1. gwatts Win User

Desktop icon banners much too long

Hi
    I returned to my W10 laptopr which had rebooted and the desktop had changed and required a password to enter. (Previously disabled). All of the icons were misplaced and banners containing the icon names were much too long. I’ve not been able to shorten them and the banner of one icon hides the next icon. Moving the icon to its usual position frequently causes the program to open. I cannot find any complaint about this on the Internet and using many of the other desktop and icon adjustments that are mentioned do not help.

I will greatly appreciate any suggestions.

:)

gwatts, Apr 18, 2017

2. All notification banner is not showing

Hi i had problem to my computer, The notification banner is not showing And i try to remove safe hardware remove The icon disappear and the banner is not showing too. But except in Alarms&Clock banner will shown. Please Help with this problem.

Justin_581, Apr 18, 2017
  3. denmarfl Win User
    Windows 10; Desktop Icons & Text much too Small

We will have an answer to whether after you roll back to 1607......

I friend's PC updated to 1703 was having issues. The Startup Tiles; after the Update, they had none. Some of the Apps were not running and when you wnet to the Apps Menu...Settings/Apps...you saw....LOADING. There were a few other issues;

So we rolled their PC back to 1607...and everything ....is fine. Now we wait to see if the 1703 update is offered, again and perhaps Update in 3 or 4 months....even tho the 1703 Install package may be exactly the same in 3 months as it is today. My
    guess, something on their PC didn't play nice with the 1703 Update.

denmarfl, Apr 18, 2017
  4. swarfega Win User

You can right click on the desktop and hover over view, then choose the icon size you want. Default is Medium.

swarfega, Apr 18, 2017
  5. gwatts Win User
    Thank you. But the problem was the length of the banner, not the icon size. Changing the icon size did not affect the banner. Strangely after the 3rd reboot the desktop, icon, and length of the banner had returned to baseline.

gwatts, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Desktop icon banners much too long - Similar Threads - Desktop icon banners

2. Desktop Icons have too much between each other

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icons have too much between each other: How can i make the gap between my icons smaller? This gap wasn't so big before i reinstalled windows in my laptop i have installed all the updates since reinstalling windows from windows update. Thanks in advance...
  3. Desktop Icons have too much between each other

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Icons have too much between each other: How can i make the gap between my icons smaller? This gap wasn't so big before i reinstalled windows in my laptop i have installed all the updates since reinstalling windows from windows update. Thanks in advance...
  4. Desktop Icons have too much between each other

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Desktop Icons have too much space in between

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icons have too much space in between: How to remove this wide space between icons on the desktop? If I drag and drop the icons it doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-have-too-much-space-in-between/da60d9f2-b8c9-42d7-a5a7-a4701d74b841
  6. Desktop Icons have too much space in between

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Icons have too much space in between: How to remove this wide space between icons on the desktop? If I drag and drop the icons it doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-have-too-much-space-in-between/da60d9f2-b8c9-42d7-a5a7-a4701d74b841
  7. There’s too much space between my icons

There’s too much space between my icons: [IMG]Hi, I downloaded something that seems to have crashed my laptop. I immediately removed it and did a virus scan. Nothing wrong but now my laptop icons have more space between them than normal. How can i fix this?...
  8. Notification banner too small?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Notification banner too small?: Hello, I have been using Windows for forever, but this has never happened to me before. Simply put, instead of the normal size (taking up a significant amount of the bottom right corner), the notifications banners are really tiny and don't even touch the corner (but are in...
  9. Desktop icons dimensions too wide, icon names too long - even after resizing

Desktop icons dimensions too wide, icon names too long - even after resizing: Hi, First time posting a question here. Apologies if this has been asked elsewhere, couldn't find any solution to this. I was adjusting the resolution of my display because I felt the texts were too big when I'm web browsing. I looked online and found out how to resize...
  10. Windows 10 ISO taking much too long to download

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 ISO taking much too long to download: I am downloading the Windows 10 ISO with the Media Creation Tool but, over 16 hours have elapsed since yesterday yet it has only downloaded 21%. I am downloading on WIFI. How much longer do I need to wait before the download completes? If I cancel the download now, will...