Windows 10: Desktop icon colours change to red

Discus and support Desktop icon colours change to red in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [IMG]Hi, A couple days ago i turned my pc on and it was running fine. Then it randomly made some of the colours that my monitor shows, such as green,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Arvindgs_, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Arvindgs_ Win User

Desktop icon colours change to red

Desktop icon colours change to red [​IMG]Hi,

A couple days ago i turned my pc on and it was running fine. Then it randomly made some of the colours that my monitor shows, such as green, as red.

This makes gaming impossible as all i see is just red, and also disrupts online meetings. Ive checked the night light setting was off and only when i switched display port on my graphics card ut was fixed, but then it went back to being red. I reset the whole pc, but it has only lasted ~36 hours before going back to being red. Ive changed the display port like before but it is still red. How can i fix this?

Thanks,

:)

Arvindgs_, Jan 26, 2021

2. colour of desktop icons; favourites bar etc. has changed on my LG desktop monitor

Desktop icons, favourites bar, and any image that should be red has changed to a
    mauve or purple on my new ( 2 months old) desktop monitor. How can I get back the normal red colour? Would changing the setting of the computer to an earlier date help this problem?

rowanthree, Jan 26, 2021
  3. MCK
    mck Win User
    Cannot change desktop icon

Sometimes a desktop icon changes from what it was to a plain white folder. Might be something I did but not sure what.

To change it to the icon I want, I go:
    1. Rt-click icon > Properties > Change icon
    2. I select the icon I want from the thumbnails of icons.
    3. Click OK
    4. Click Apply
    But the icon does not change. It just stays looking like a white folder.
    HOWEVER, if I pin the icon to the taskbar, the icon on the taskbar does look like the icon I selected in step-2. So the change is registered with Win10 but the icon on the desktop just doesn't change.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

4. Desktop icon colours change to red

icon colour

hi, so a few of my icons are the same colour (red) ive tried changing the theme but they stay the same. they use to be different colours?

samturner1, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

Desktop icon colours change to red

1. Desktop icon colours change to red - Similar Threads - Desktop icon colours

2. How do you change the colour of icon highlights on the desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do you change the colour of icon highlights on the desktop?: I'd like to know how to change the colour of a selected icon highlight on the desktop, because otherwise it's always light blue no matter what colours you choose in the personalisation settings.I know it means editing the registry which I've tried already, but I've only...
  3. How do you change the colour of icon highlights on the desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you change the colour of icon highlights on the desktop?: I'd like to know how to change the colour of a selected icon highlight on the desktop, because otherwise it's always light blue no matter what colours you choose in the personalisation settings.I know it means editing the registry which I've tried already, but I've only...
  4. How do you change the colour of icon highlights on the desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Desktop background changed to red

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop background changed to red: I just booted up my Windows 10 PC and logged in. But when I logged in, the desktop background changed to red, but the Lock Screen background was as normal. Everything worked fine, but the desktop background turned red.I tried:Restarting the PCResetting the background to a...
  6. Desktop background changed to red

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop background changed to red: I just booted up my Windows 10 PC and logged in. But when I logged in, the desktop background changed to red, but the Lock Screen background was as normal. Everything worked fine, but the desktop background turned red.I tried:Restarting the PCResetting the background to a...
  7. Desktop background changed to red

8. Change colour icon (start icons only)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change colour icon (start icons only): i just reset the pc and now i have black start icons on a black background, how can i change ONLY the icons of a different color? (taskbar must remain black) If i try to change it from settings, it changes the taskbar too. submitted by /u/DanBrandszy [link] [comments]...
  9. Change colour of tray icons

Change colour of tray icons: Anyone know how I change these tray icon colours ? I want to make them match my desktop. 146508
  10. Win10 desktop icon text colour

Win10 desktop icon text colour: Hi, i have a problem i have seen commented on many time going back several years so i am hoping MS has finally fixed the problem. The text for the desktop ICONs is white and almost unreadable when there is a light screen. I run three monitors as a CAD designer and have...