desktop icon disappear

Discus and support desktop icon disappear in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; windows 10 starts with a black screen (with few locked applications to task bar & tray) no right click so I can't ask to show desktop icons). It seems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by zivshosh, May 28, 2018.

1. zivshosh Win User

desktop icon disappear

windows 10 starts with a black screen (with few locked applications to task bar & tray)
    no right click so I can't ask to show desktop icons). It seems that the black screen is covering the desktop because playing with the settings (personalization etc) show all icons for a second and gets back to initial black screen.
    How can I recover desktop with all its icons?
    thank you

:)

zivshosh, May 28, 2018
  2. Azaruddin Syed Win User

Desktop Icons disappeared

Hi Kinsley,

• Are you referring to the desktop icons?
    • When did the icons disappear? Did you make any changes to the system Settings?

It's possible that your device is in Tablet mode. I suggest you to turn it off and check if the icons appear. To do so, select the
    Action center icon on the taskbar (the little message box next to the date and time), and then select
    Tablet mode to turn it on or off.

Also refer the following thread which discusses about a similar issue.

Windows 10 - Desktop icons disappeared - I may have hit something that is causing my problem

Hope this helps. Keep us updated with the status of the issue to continue assisting you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, May 29, 2018
  3. Divya Murugan Win User
    Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, May 29, 2018
Thema:

desktop icon disappear

1. desktop icon disappear - Similar Threads - desktop icon disappear

2. windows 10 keeps recycling desktop screen when loading

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 keeps recycling desktop screen when loading: windows 10 keeps recycling desktop screen when loading. Won't let me open anything. Have tried to shut down and restart, same issue....
  3. Cannot connect my Epson WF-3640 printer to Win 10 desktop wirelessly

Cannot connect my Epson WF-3640 printer to Win 10 desktop wirelessly: Need help connecting Win 10 desktop to Epson Wireless printer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/cannot-connect-my-epson-wf-3640-printer-to-win-10/09ecdb17-7fd6-480a-b2b3-63b6f0245881
  4. Lost icon for volume ,have windows 10

Lost icon for volume ,have windows 10: lost icon for volume for windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/lost-icon-for-volume-have-windows-10/bd0f9b03-1ba8-4840-acad-6524c018d0a1
  5. ??? window over file explorer icon in task bar

??? window over file explorer icon in task bar: This is a new win10 laptop as in I picked it up yesterday morning.. I've spent the last 36 hours fully updating with latest windows updates. BUT... periodically, File Explorer turns itself on and I cannot close it. Nor can I open the window when I click on it. When I hover my...
  6. Network Icon Disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Icon Disappeared: Hi, I have recently noticed that the Network Icon in the systray has disappeared. I use the Ethernet to connect with the router. I tried going into the setting for the taskbar (both 'Select which icons...' and Turn system icons on or off' and both have the Network icon...
  7. Battery Icon not showing on taskbar

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery Icon not showing on taskbar: For some reason, the battery icon is not showing on my taskbar. It is on in the display settings, but it isn't showing. I have rebooted, and turned off and turned on my laptop. I also chose a random "Temas de Windows" because I do not know Spanish....
  8. connect new desktop folders to existing desktop folders?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    connect new desktop folders to existing desktop folders?: cannot connect from new desktop to existing laptop to updates files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/connect-new-desktop-folders-to-existing-desktop/845c127b-d8d4-4bfc-bc8c-0ed31bb5b090
  9. Battery Icon not showing on Taskbar

Battery Icon not showing on Taskbar: For some reason, the battery icon wouldn't show on my taskbar. I have checked the display settings, but they are on. I have rebooted my PC many many times, but it would not show....
  10. Network Icon Disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    Network Icon Disappeared: Hi, I have recently noticed that the Network Icon in the systray has disappeared. I use the Ethernet to connect with the router. I tried going into the setting for the taskbar (both 'Select which icons...' and Turn system icons on or off' and both have the Network icon...