desktop icon disappear

Discus and support desktop icon disappear in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; windows 10 starts with a black screen (with few locked applications to task bar & tray) no right click so I can't ask to show desktop icons). It seems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by zivshosh, May 28, 2018.

1. zivshosh Win User

desktop icon disappear

windows 10 starts with a black screen (with few locked applications to task bar & tray)
    no right click so I can't ask to show desktop icons). It seems that the black screen is covering the desktop because playing with the settings (personalization etc) show all icons for a second and gets back to initial black screen.
    How can I recover desktop with all its icons?
    thank you

:)

zivshosh, May 28, 2018
  2. Azaruddin Syed Win User

Desktop Icons disappeared

Hi Kinsley,

• Are you referring to the desktop icons?
    • When did the icons disappear? Did you make any changes to the system Settings?

It's possible that your device is in Tablet mode. I suggest you to turn it off and check if the icons appear. To do so, select the
    Action center icon on the taskbar (the little message box next to the date and time), and then select
    Tablet mode to turn it on or off.

Also refer the following thread which discusses about a similar issue.

Windows 10 - Desktop icons disappeared - I may have hit something that is causing my problem

Hope this helps. Keep us updated with the status of the issue to continue assisting you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, May 29, 2018
  3. Divya Murugan Win User
    Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, May 29, 2018
Thema:

desktop icon disappear

desktop icon disappear - Similar Threads - desktop icon disappear

1. Desktop Icons Disappeared and Taskbar Icons Changed

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons Disappeared and Taskbar Icons Changed: I have a laptop with a 4k 17.3" display. When set to native resolution, 3840x2160, some programs do not display their dialog boxes and menus in usable form. In an attempt to correct this I have tried setting the display resolution to 1920x1080. Then setting the magnification...
  2. Desktop Icon disappears

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icon disappears: Hello, I'm trying to research this issue for a small software company I work for. one of the most common issues I seem to see lately is that our customers are telling us that their shortcut to our program is disappearing from their desktop of their workstation computers....
  3. Desktop Icon Graphics disappears

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Desktop Icon Graphics disappears: Using latest Insider Build 11082 with all updates. On occasion the art/graphics color and text within the desktop icons disappears. The result are icons with a black border but without and graphics. Have run the DISM utilities and SFC /scannow. A re-boot corrects the icons...
  4. Auto-hide taskbar working but most desktop icons disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto-hide taskbar working but most desktop icons disappeared: I had no problem to auto-hide taskbar on my desktop with Windows 10 PRO 64X ver. 1703 and to my surprise that most of my desktop icons disappeared. I don't want my desktop icons disapper on my monitor screen and how do I prevent them not to disappear even I move the slide to...
  5. Desktop icons disappear in lower half of screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons disappear in lower half of screen: For the past few days, my desktop icons in the lower left-hand side of my screen become invisible. If I slowly move my cursor over the right spot, the little menu pops up telling me what icon I am over, and I can either drag it to the upper left half of the screen where it...
  6. The icons on desktop have disappeared but labels still there

in Windows 10 Support
    The icons on desktop have disappeared but labels still there: i had this issue before and I reset the computer and got it all back and when I turned on the computer this morning the icons were missing and just the names of them were there. and on the task bar there are icons there but not the ones that fit the names they are like a dll...
  7. Left click start menu makes desktop icon disappear.

in Windows 10 Support
    Left click start menu makes desktop icon disappear.: A customer brought me a machine with an issue I have never seen before. All desktop icons were gone and the only thing on the desktop is 3 lines in the upper left (opens an empty start menu), 3 lines in the lower left (opens all programs list) and the power button above that....