Windows 10: Desktop Icon Dragging Lags

Discus and support Desktop Icon Dragging Lags in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm using a brand new work machine with Windows 10 and experiencing a weird bug. When I attempt to drag a desktop icon from one place to another,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Peter Shaffery, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Desktop Icon Dragging Lags

I'm using a brand new work machine with Windows 10 and experiencing a weird bug. When I attempt to drag a desktop icon from one place to another, there's a 1-2 second lag before the move actually occurs. During this time, a slightly transparent "ghost" of the icon will remain in the target location, and then after a few seconds it will be replaced by the actual icon. I've previously found this solution onStackExchange, which worked temporarily, but after a reboot it doesn't appear to work anymore even though the deactivated extensions suggested in the solution remain deactivated. Has anyone experienced anything similar, or have any suggested fixes?

Note: overall my laptop speed is quite normal, and Task Manager shows system resources at normal levels of usage. I do not believe that my machine needs a performance boost/clean it's brand new after all.

:)

Peter Shaffery, Nov 10, 2020

2. Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 10, 2020
  3. Desktop Shortcut Icons

I tried using Edge that comes with the computer and I can see the logo you are talking about. When I try to drag it to the desktop you can see that I have it but as soon as I drop it the window opens rather than putting the shortcut icon on the desktop.

mik-dav 1500, Nov 10, 2020
  4. Desktop Icon Dragging Lags

Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Nov 10, 2020
Thema:

Desktop Icon Dragging Lags

1. Desktop Icon Dragging Lags - Similar Threads - Desktop Icon Dragging

2. Desktop icon highlight lagging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop icon highlight lagging: So sometimes the desktop icon highlight starts lagging and skips some icons. This usually doesn't happen on all icons only some. Does anyone know a fix to this. Demonstration: https://youtu.be/k7360PkNnu4...
  3. Desktop icon highlight lagging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop icon highlight lagging: So sometimes the desktop icon highlight starts lagging and skips some icons. This usually doesn't happen on all icons only some. Does anyone know a fix to this. Demonstration: https://youtu.be/k7360PkNnu4...
  4. Mouse Button Drag Lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Button Drag Lag: In Win 10, I select files in a folder, by holding down the mouse button, and dragging the arrow cursor over the files that I wish to select, but there is a serious delay or lagging of the blue shading, as the files are selected. How can this lagging be rectified? I appears to...
  5. mouse lagging then dragging windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    mouse lagging then dragging windows: im trying to drag a window but at some point it just stops im not sure if it happened before can someone help me fix it without resetting windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-lagging-then-dragging-windows/9db140cd-d183-4d82-872d-b6c9a6bab13d
  6. Desktop drag lag

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop drag lag: Whenever I drag an icon/shortcut on my pc it take a second to move it and is laggy. It’s also pretty laggy when I drag the blue box thingy to select multiple icons. Even just hovering the mouse over icons it takes awhile to register. And this is on a decent gaming pc and my...
  7. Desktop icon lag

Desktop icon lag: It lags whenever I use the drag box to move icons or just click the icons and move them. Also when hovering my mouse over the icons it takes a couple seconds to even register it. Why would this be happening on a system that is a decent gaming pc when on my old crappy laptop...
  8. Windows 10 mouse lag when dragging (Holding left click, dragging icons and clicking on...

Windows 10 mouse lag when dragging (Holding left click, dragging icons and clicking on...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Kein_Humor [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g190gy/windows_10_mouse_lag_when_dragging_holding_left/
  9. Drag and Drop Desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Drag and Drop Desktop Icons: Trust this is posted in correct forum...……… I cannot drag and drop desktop icons (?) They always move back. I have researched and tried 1) ESC key option 2) Task Manger explorer.exe option 3) Registry EnableLUA option. None of this worked. I've run sfc /scannow with no...
  10. icons on desktop will not drag

in Windows 10 Support
    icons on desktop will not drag: Win 10, 64 bit, recent upgrade from Win 7. Beginning this afternoon, all of a sudden, the icons on the desktop will not drag, they are fixed in place. I can delete them, open them, move them via right-click and 'copy to' or 'move to'. They simply will not move. I've...