Windows 10: Desktop icon for connecting to a specific WiFi network?

Discus and support Desktop icon for connecting to a specific WiFi network? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I use a wireless Printer that requires me to connect to its own WiFi signal as if it were a WiFi network in order to use it. For ease of use I'd like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tericharles, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Desktop icon for connecting to a specific WiFi network?

I use a wireless Printer that requires me to connect to its own WiFi signal as if it were a WiFi network in order to use it. For ease of use I'd like to have an icon on my Desktop that I can click to switch from the WiFi network that gives me internet access to the one that lets me use my printer, instead of having to open the full list of available networks and find the right one. Is this possible? (I'm not expecting it to be able to toggle between the two; I'd just make a second icon for getting back onto the network that gives me internet.)

:)

tericharles, Dec 20, 2018
  2. legend383 Win User

"Can't connect to this network."

I just bought a wifi card for my windows 10 desktop (a tp-link archer t8e) and cannot connect to my network.

I have the wifi icon on the tray, I can get a list of available networks but after entering the wpa key for my network it just shows the message "Can't connect to this network."

Network diagnosis just suggested connecting to a wifi network (why didn't I think of that...), does anyone here have any clue as to what the problem could be?

UPDATE: Just noticed that the wifi adapter is being disabled briefly just after I enter the network password, no idea what's going on.

legend383, Dec 20, 2018
  3. Network connection icon problem

Hi all,
    Few days ago (since I have switched to Nvidia - I don't know is there any connection between them or not) I have a problem with the network connection icon. After the OS loads in, the icon is still loading about for a minute. When I open Chrome the internet connection is perfect, only the icon shows it's loading. It wouldn't be such a problem, but certain programs (for example GPU-Z) doesn't open until the icon stops loading.
    What could be the problem, and how can I solve this? I have already uninstalled / reinstalled the network driver. Nothing has changed.
    Thanks,
    hazazs

Tibor Hazafi, Dec 20, 2018
  4. dg142dg Win User

Desktop icon for connecting to a specific WiFi network?

My wifi icon is not showing in desktop tray or listed in network settings

My wifi icon is not showing in desktop tray or listed in network settings

yesterday my wifi was working fine and I had a wifi icon to detect networks. then it stopped working and I can't see a wifi icon. when I go to settings - there is no wifi setting. I've tried rebooting, updating drivers, running troubleshoot. nothing works.

dg142dg, Dec 20, 2018
Thema:

Desktop icon for connecting to a specific WiFi network?

1. Desktop icon for connecting to a specific WiFi network? - Similar Threads - Desktop icon connecting

2. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when connecting to specific wifi network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when connecting to specific wifi network: My Lenovo laptop was working fine then a couple days ago when trying to connect to a specific wifi network, its completely freezes.Deleted and completely reinstalled windows. And it didnt solve the problem. Updated my WLAN driver and still freezing.Any idea how to fix this...
  3. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when connecting to specific wifi network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when connecting to specific wifi network: My Lenovo laptop was working fine then a couple days ago when trying to connect to a specific wifi network, its completely freezes.Deleted and completely reinstalled windows. And it didnt solve the problem. Updated my WLAN driver and still freezing.Any idea how to fix this...
  4. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when connecting to specific wifi network

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. I cannot connect to specific wifi network

I cannot connect to specific wifi network: Hi, I have a Lenevo Legion Y540 running Windows 11. I am able to connect to various wifi networks around my college campus, such as the library etc, but I'm unable to connect to the wifi in my apartment. This particular network in my apartment is listed but I cannot connect...
  6. Cannot connect to one specific wifi network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot connect to one specific wifi network: I am aware there are multiple threads with this same issue, I have already read through all of them and none of the fixes listed under those threads have solved my issueI was working on my computer last night when I was randomly disconnected from the internet and could not...
  7. Cannot connect to one specific wifi network

Cannot connect to one specific wifi network: I am aware there are multiple threads with this same issue, I have already read through all of them and none of the fixes listed under those threads have solved my issueI was working on my computer last night when I was randomly disconnected from the internet and could not...
  8. Unable to connect to specific WiFi network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to connect to specific WiFi network: Hi all,This post has heavily borrowed from two previous threads from 2019 and 2020 outlining this specific issue:Can't Connect to One Specific Wifi Network - Microsoft CommunityComplicated WIFI connection Issue - Microsoft CommunityI've followed all of the solutions in the...
  9. Can't Connect to One Specific Wifi Network

Can't Connect to One Specific Wifi Network: I've been unable to resolve this problem. I've applied the troubleshooting I've found by searching the internet with no luck. Maybe somebody can figure out what's gone wrong. I have a Microsoft Surface 2 laptop with Windows 10. The Wifi on my laptop works and has connected...
  10. How to stop connecting to a specific Wifi network

How to stop connecting to a specific Wifi network: If I have connected to a specific Wifi network - I have previously saved the password and ticked always login. How do I remove this network COMPLETELY? I have tried ticking forget network. This doesn't seem to work. Is there a command that can issue on DOS prompt that...