Windows 10: Desktop icon glitch?

Discus and support Desktop icon glitch? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Today i turned on my computer and i was greeted with a really weird glitch. My icons keep moving around. They start off the normal place they usually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/shanekingg, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Desktop icon glitch?

Today i turned on my computer and i was greeted with a really weird glitch. My icons keep moving around. They start off the normal place they usually are then they jumble up then go back then jumble back up and so on. At the same time of this happening, my computer is almost unusable as when i move my mouse around, sometimes it just moves for a bit then goes back to where it was before. It took me 2 minutes to shut down my pc. I have restarted it 2 times and its still doing it. I have not downloaded anything thats not from steam or Microsoft store etc. my system is not old, its actually about 5 months old and has a ryzen 5 3600 inside. Can i please have some help im not the best with troubleshooting and im honestly so confused. Thanks

submitted by /u/shanekingg
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/shanekingg, Sep 17, 2020

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Sep 17, 2020
  3. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Sep 17, 2020
  4. Desktop icon glitch?

Desktop Icons

Hello Glenda,

Share this information to assist you better.

• Is the issue particular to the Comcast?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates?
    • Did you try changing icons of other shortcuts?
    Follow the steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Press Windows+I to open Settings panel, and click
    Personalization to access Personalization settings.

Step 2: Tap Change desktop icons on the top left in the Personalization window.

Step 3: In the Desktop Icon Settings window, select the icon of
    This PC and click Change Icon.

Step 4: Choose a new icon from the list, and tap OK.

Step 5: Click OK to confirm the change.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

Desktop icon glitch?

1. Desktop icon glitch? - Similar Threads - Desktop icon glitch

2. Windows 11 Desktop Wallpaper and Icons Bug Glitch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Desktop Wallpaper and Icons Bug Glitch: Hi,I have 2 monitors on my windows 11 rig. One operates at a resolution of 2560x1440 @165Hz, the other one at a resolution of 1920x1080 @180Hz.Sometimes my desktop glitches like you can see in the screenshot. It happens on both monitors, but when I refresh it only persists on...
  3. Windows 11 Desktop Wallpaper and Icons Bug Glitch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Desktop Wallpaper and Icons Bug Glitch: Hi,I have 2 monitors on my windows 11 rig. One operates at a resolution of 2560x1440 @165Hz, the other one at a resolution of 1920x1080 @180Hz.Sometimes my desktop glitches like you can see in the screenshot. It happens on both monitors, but when I refresh it only persists on...
  4. Desktop Background Glitch

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Background Glitch: Hi, I'm experiencing this strange glitch I'm assuming it's a glitch regarding my desktop background. I have two monitors, one 2560x1440p and the second 1920x1090p. I found a picture I liked and set it as my desktop background. It works for a bit, but after awhile, on my...
  5. Black glitch on desktop

Black glitch on desktop: So once and a while I get this thing where my desktop slowly turn black, like when you hover over a icon or highlight Video: https://imgur.com/a/c4tEXx4 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-glitch-on-desktop/8a2c0598-7b09-460c-bbd7-011a8b186307
  6. Windows icon glitch

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows icon glitch: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/guqa2c7a9h251.png?width=316&format=png&auto=webp&s=f930b76688c6646ba8a00b1905dbfe94d46b7474 submitted by /u/Vendetta_47 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gv563z/windows_icon_glitch/
  7. Desktop glitches and RPG Maker MV glitch

Desktop glitches and RPG Maker MV glitch: I am currently running a 20-day trial of RPG Maker MV, which is glitched enough as it is. I check my desktop screen and some of my apps have black text underneath it. The text returns and stays normal when I hover my mouse over it. Yesterday there was a small square in the...
  8. Desktop wallpaper glitch

Desktop wallpaper glitch: Hello - I'm getting this ongoing glitch. When I start up the computer the desktop is showing a dotted dark green wallpaper. When I go into settings > personalize, the computer remembers the photo that's put into the desktop and it then it shows up on the wallpaper. But this...
  9. Windows 10 Desktop Icons are glitched

Windows 10 Desktop Icons are glitched: [ATTACH] my icons have been stuck like this for a while now and they wont change, I am on the latest version of windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-desktop-icons-are-glitched/5aba0742-b819-420d-8983-769505366248
  10. Irritating little icon glitch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Irritating little icon glitch: On my start menu, the tiled part, all my icons have the same blue background, except Firefox and Thunderbird which are butt ugly gray. Chrome was also gray but I managed to change it by renaming chrome.VisualElementsManifest.xml to chrome.VisualElementsManifest.xml.bk and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. glitching windows icon