Windows 10: desktop icon has blue & yellow shield on it

Discus and support desktop icon has blue & yellow shield on it in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello All, I have a program Netgear Prosafe VPN client. I have it installed on 2 Win 10 pc's On 1 pc the desktop icon has a yellow and blue shield on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MacJohnson2ND, Mar 23, 2020.

1. desktop icon has blue & yellow shield on it

Hello All,

I have a program Netgear Prosafe VPN client. I have it installed on 2 Win 10 pc's

On 1 pc the desktop icon has a yellow and blue shield on the lower right corner. I found that means the app will need elevated privileges to run it always prompts for admin acct login to run. I trying to determine what makes that occur because I have the exact same application installed on another win 10 pc and when I run it under a standard user acct it runs without prompting for elevated privileges. On the pc it runs on without elevated privileges UAC is set to Always Notify me on so I don't understand what made the install of the app on 1 pc get the yellow and blue shield and installation on another pc get the regular icon?

Any ideas are appreciated.

:)

MacJohnson2ND, Mar 23, 2020

2. Blue and Yellow Shield

Hi Angelo,

The blue and yellow shield that shows on that icon is the UAC shield that is being placed on a desktop icon if the program requires permission from the user to run for the accounts protection. This is to prevent other users in accessing the program using
    their account. This cannot be removed by default.

Regards.

Jomel_Santos, Mar 23, 2020
  3. Michael Win User
    Remove yellow/blue sheild icon from shortcuts

After upgrading to Windows 10, some desktop shortcuts have UAC shield icons. Is it possible to remove them?

desktop icon has blue & yellow shield on it [​IMG]

EDIT: Here's a solution...
    Launch the shortcuts via CMD:

1. Right-click the shortcut to Properties
    2. Click Change Icon, then click OK when its window pops up (necessary step to avoid losing the icon)
    3. Add the following, plus a space, to the beginning of the Target field, leaving the existing path at the end:
      Code:
      Code:
      cmd /c start ""
    I had previously solved this by editing a system icon file, but that method doesn't seem to be working as of update 1607, plus it was a lot more trouble.

Michael, Mar 23, 2020
  4. desktop icon has blue & yellow shield on it

How do I shrink the size of the blue arrow or blue/yellow checkered shield over the top of my desktop shortcut icons?

On my desktop shortcuts, the blue arrows on white squares are taking up almost the entire lower left quadrant of my icon. Also, some shortcuts have a blue and yellow checkered shield in the lower right quadrant. Combined, about half the icon is obscured.
    Is there any way to shrink the size of arrows and shields that overlay these icons, or conversely, increase the relative size of the icons so that the arrow or shield obscures less of them?

MrBrassman, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

desktop icon has blue & yellow shield on it

1. desktop icon has blue & yellow shield on it - Similar Threads - desktop icon has

2. Removal of UAC SHIELD ICON

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removal of UAC SHIELD ICON: Searched Google, then due to the lock ofhttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-uac-shield-icon-overlay/8490d128-6831-4b5a-a6db-7f289c6af435So i create a new discussion:There is a REG key in...
  3. yellow triangel over windows security shield

in Windows 10 Gaming
    yellow triangel over windows security shield: i have a yellow triangle over my windows security shield that won,t go away https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yellow-triangel-over-windows-security-shield/d9a9c011-18db-4e21-942c-d124d1f5cc20
  4. yellow triangel over windows security shield

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    yellow triangel over windows security shield: i have a yellow triangle over my windows security shield that won,t go away https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yellow-triangel-over-windows-security-shield/d9a9c011-18db-4e21-942c-d124d1f5cc20
  5. Shield icons

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Shield icons: I have new shield icons superimposed on my shortcut icons. Clicking on shortcut icon gives me a box asking to allow Google to make changes to hard drive. Answering no sends me back to desktop display. Answering yes opens web site of that icon and everything works normally...
  6. Blue and Yellow Flashing Shield on Taskbar.

Blue and Yellow Flashing Shield on Taskbar.: I have Windows PowerShell pinned to the task bar. If I want to run an Administrator level session, I right-click on the taskbar icon, and select "Run as Administrator" from the list. A "User Account Control" dialog box will ask me to confirm running as administrator, and...
  7. Blue & Yellow Shield appears to a Non-installed portable app

Blue & Yellow Shield appears to a Non-installed portable app: Please help, Blue & Yellow Shield suddenly appears on the icon to a Non-installed app of mine. The app was running normally before, as far as I remember, I always run it with run as admin option. Then a few days ago it has Blue & Yellow Shield on it, and it won't start...
  8. Blue and Yellow Shield

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blue and Yellow Shield: Blue and Yellow Shield Anytime I click a button with that shield next to it (like edit or change) it completely freezes the window, not allowing me to click anything or even close it, loads for multiple minutes, then says access is denied. I am trying to fix a big problem on...
  9. How to remove blue and yellow shield from an icon in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to remove blue and yellow shield from an icon in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you notice an application icon or system icon with a blue and yellow shield (Icon overlay) at the corner, it means that the applications need to run with administrator privileges. When you run such an application, you will get [...] This post How to...
  10. UAC icon shield admin

in Windows 10 Customization
    UAC icon shield admin: The number of name in reg is 29 but what is the number of the icon shield admin??, is for change it, thanks. 27551

Users found this page by searching for:

1. window security shield on desktop computer flashing