Windows 10: desktop icon has blue & yellow shield on it

Discus and support desktop icon has blue & yellow shield on it in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello All, I have a program Netgear Prosafe VPN client. I have it installed on 2 Win 10 pc's On 1 pc the desktop icon has a yellow and blue shield on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MacJohnson2ND, Mar 23, 2020.

1. desktop icon has blue & yellow shield on it

Hello All,

I have a program Netgear Prosafe VPN client. I have it installed on 2 Win 10 pc's

On 1 pc the desktop icon has a yellow and blue shield on the lower right corner. I found that means the app will need elevated privileges to run it always prompts for admin acct login to run. I trying to determine what makes that occur because I have the exact same application installed on another win 10 pc and when I run it under a standard user acct it runs without prompting for elevated privileges. On the pc it runs on without elevated privileges UAC is set to Always Notify me on so I don't understand what made the install of the app on 1 pc get the yellow and blue shield and installation on another pc get the regular icon?

Any ideas are appreciated.

:)

MacJohnson2ND, Mar 23, 2020

2. Blue and Yellow Shield

Hi Angelo,

The blue and yellow shield that shows on that icon is the UAC shield that is being placed on a desktop icon if the program requires permission from the user to run for the accounts protection. This is to prevent other users in accessing the program using
    their account. This cannot be removed by default.

Regards.

Jomel_Santos, Mar 23, 2020
  3. Michael Win User
    Remove yellow/blue sheild icon from shortcuts

After upgrading to Windows 10, some desktop shortcuts have UAC shield icons. Is it possible to remove them?

desktop icon has blue & yellow shield on it [​IMG]

EDIT: Here's a solution...
    Launch the shortcuts via CMD:

1. Right-click the shortcut to Properties
    2. Click Change Icon, then click OK when its window pops up (necessary step to avoid losing the icon)
    3. Add the following, plus a space, to the beginning of the Target field, leaving the existing path at the end:
      Code:
      Code:
      cmd /c start ""
    I had previously solved this by editing a system icon file, but that method doesn't seem to be working as of update 1607, plus it was a lot more trouble.

Michael, Mar 23, 2020
  4. desktop icon has blue & yellow shield on it

How do I shrink the size of the blue arrow or blue/yellow checkered shield over the top of my desktop shortcut icons?

On my desktop shortcuts, the blue arrows on white squares are taking up almost the entire lower left quadrant of my icon. Also, some shortcuts have a blue and yellow checkered shield in the lower right quadrant. Combined, about half the icon is obscured.
    Is there any way to shrink the size of arrows and shields that overlay these icons, or conversely, increase the relative size of the icons so that the arrow or shield obscures less of them?

MrBrassman, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

desktop icon has blue & yellow shield on it

1. desktop icon has blue & yellow shield on it - Similar Threads - desktop icon has

2. How to remove blue and yellow shield from an icon in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to remove blue and yellow shield from an icon in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you notice an application icon or system icon with a blue and yellow shield (Icon overlay) at the corner, it means that the applications need to run with administrator privileges. When you run such an application, you will get [...] This post How to...
  3. Does anyone know what this red-yellow-blue icon is? It won't disappear.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Does anyone know what this red-yellow-blue icon is? It won't disappear.: When I Alt+Tab I see an icon that I don't recognize. It appears without a label. If I try to hover over it and 'X' out, nothing happens. There is a small hot-spot in the center that looks like a check box. When I click it, my list of open apps disappear, nothing else seems to...
  4. Desktop Network icon has disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop Network icon has disappeared: Yesterday I did a repair install and followed that up with some of my normal tweaks such as changing desktop icons, removing icons from explorer navigation pane and such. This morning I noticed that my desktop network icon has disappeared. You can see from the pic that my...
  5. Desktop Network icon has disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Network icon has disappeared: Yesterday I did a repair install and followed that up with some of my normal tweaks such as changing desktop icons, removing icons from explorer navigation pane and such. This morning I noticed that my desktop network icon has disappeared. You can see from the pic that my...
  6. Remove yellow/blue sheild icon from shortcuts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove yellow/blue sheild icon from shortcuts: After upgrading to Windows 10, some desktop shortcuts have UAC shield icons. Is it possible to remove them? [img] EDIT: Here's a solution... Launch the shortcuts via CMD: Right-click the shortcut to Properties Click Change Icon, then click OK when its window pops...
  7. UAC icon shield admin

in Windows 10 Customization
    UAC icon shield admin: The number of name in reg is 29 but what is the number of the icon shield admin??, is for change it, thanks. 27551
  8. Two yellow shields for bluetooth devices. Dell Inspiron 15R 5520

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Two yellow shields for bluetooth devices. Dell Inspiron 15R 5520: Duplicate thread, sorry. 5414
  9. Yellow Triangle on Ethernet taskbar icon?!?!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Yellow Triangle on Ethernet taskbar icon?!?!: I just upgraded from Windows 8.1 to 10 and having this annoying issue where the yellow triangle over the ethernet icon in the taskbar will not go away. I can get online and surf so not sure whats going on. I did install the new lan drivers but still getting the annoying...
  10. Network icon in tray has yellow triangle but net works fine

in Windows 10 Support
    Network icon in tray has yellow triangle but net works fine: Hi, Last night I bit the bullet again & upgraded to windows 10 & then did a clean install. I have noticed that the network icon in the system tray shows a yellow triangle & says no access but I can surf fine with chrome & use qbitorrent etc. The only way I can get rid...