Windows 10: Desktop icon highlight lagging

Discus and support Desktop icon highlight lagging in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So sometimes the desktop icon highlight starts lagging and skips some icons. This usually doesn't happen on all icons only some. Does anyone know a fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by akurax, Jun 4, 2023.

1. akurax Win User

Desktop icon highlight lagging

So sometimes the desktop icon highlight starts lagging and skips some icons. This usually doesn't happen on all icons only some. Does anyone know a fix to this. Demonstration: https://youtu.be/k7360PkNnu4

:)

akurax, Jun 4, 2023
  2. Muzziken Win User

Visible Highlight Icon Lag (Ver 1909, 64 bit)

I've been experiencing something that's been bothering me, it's uncomfortable. Basically, whenever I hover to an icon app, I can see visible highlight lag. Like lag for the icon to highlight/turn blue.

Here's what I mean:

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

You know how when you click and drag on the desktop, it creates a blue drag box, square/rectangle.
    There's lag, strangely. When I created a new user, and logged onto that user. There doesn't seem to be any lag. I really need help. Thanks a lot for stopping by!

Muzziken, Jun 4, 2023
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Jun 4, 2023
  4. Desktop icon highlight lagging

Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Jun 4, 2023
Thema:

Desktop icon highlight lagging

1. Desktop icon highlight lagging - Similar Threads - Desktop icon highlight

2. Desktop icon highlight lagging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop icon highlight lagging: So sometimes the desktop icon highlight starts lagging and skips some icons. This usually doesn't happen on all icons only some. Does anyone know a fix to this. Demonstration: https://youtu.be/k7360PkNnu4...
  3. Highlighted search icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Highlighted search icons: Hi! So you know how Microsoft added Highlighted Search to Windows 10 right?Welp, the icon that they are using is so nice, but I couldn't find a place where it is stored . Do you know where it is? Let me know!Thanks in advance!...
  4. Can Desktop icon highlights be maintained?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can Desktop icon highlights be maintained?: Not sure how best to ask this really, but here's the cryptic question in more detail. I'm running Win10 Pro, 20H2. With my previous version of Windows (Vista), double-clicking a Desktop icon would open that file, program or whatever, but when the file was closed the Desktop...
  5. Desktop Icon Dragging Lags

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icon Dragging Lags: I'm using a brand new work machine with Windows 10 and experiencing a weird bug. When I attempt to drag a desktop icon from one place to another, there's a 1-2 second lag before the move actually occurs. During this time, a slightly transparent "ghost" of the icon will remain...
  6. Desktop icon lag

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop icon lag: It lags whenever I use the drag box to move icons or just click the icons and move them. Also when hovering my mouse over the icons it takes a couple seconds to even register it. Why would this be happening on a system that is a decent gaming pc when on my old crappy laptop...
  7. Visible Highlight Icon Lag (Ver 1909, 64 bit)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Visible Highlight Icon Lag (Ver 1909, 64 bit): I've been experiencing something that's been bothering me, it's uncomfortable. Basically, whenever I hover to an icon app, I can see visible highlight lag. Like lag for the icon to highlight/turn blue. Here's what I mean: Imgur: The magic of the Internet You know how...
  8. Desktop Highlighter

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Highlighter: My mouse highlighter in Windows desktop has changed to little white dots when it should've been light blue by default. I've changed it in Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors but it didn't work. How do I solve it?...
  9. Remove desktop icon highlight?

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove desktop icon highlight?: Hello all Just setup a PC with my first version of Windows 10 this past weekend and have found that unlike in Win 7, I get this weird translucent highlighted box around my desktop icons in both a light version if I just hover over it with the mouse curser that goes away if I...
  10. Taskbar Icons not Highlighted?

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Icons not Highlighted?: Hi just a quick question and wondered if anyone else has this? My Taskbar Icons don't highlight when in use, I'm used to seeing them highlighted in W7 and miss that as I often close W10 with something open in the background, like notepad or something.. Is there a way to...