Windows 10: Desktop Icon Image Box is Right Size But Image Inside Icon Box is Way Too Small

Discus and support Desktop Icon Image Box is Right Size But Image Inside Icon Box is Way Too Small in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I purchased a new computer and installed MS Office 2019. All of my desktop icons are fine except for Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook. The images... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by A. Nonny Moose, Jun 6, 2021.

1. Desktop Icon Image Box is Right Size But Image Inside Icon Box is Way Too Small

I purchased a new computer and installed MS Office 2019. All of my desktop icons are fine except for Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook. The images inside the MS Office icon boxes are too small to see. I increased the size of the icons but regardless the size, the image inside remained tiny and did not fill the icon box. I also uninstalled the icons and reinstalled new ones. Nothing changed. How do I fix this?

:)

A. Nonny Moose, Jun 6, 2021
  2. JimParis Win User

Icon Image too small

I recently uninstalled and reinstalled Office 365 Personal at the invitation to get the latest updates whenever they come available. After I replaced my desktop icons for each excel, word, powerpoint, etal., the images inside the icons are too small
    to see. I increased the size of the icons but the image inside staid miniature. I'm older and I relied upon the recognizable images in the icons to click when I use them rather than trying to read small print under each image. JP

JimParis, Jun 6, 2021
  3. JimParis Win User
    Icon Image too small

Michael, I did resize using the features shown in the link. I use the "medium" sizing, large is too big to fit my icons and shortcuts on my desktop. I snipped a screenshot showing how the images in the icons are too small to see but don't know how to
    upload it to you. Tried emailing it to microsoftanswers but it kicked back to me. Let me know how to get the screenshot to you. JP

JimParis, Jun 6, 2021
  4. Marzmidd Win User

Desktop Icon Image Box is Right Size But Image Inside Icon Box is Way Too Small

Image Inside of Icon Size

Hello!

A while back I got a new Windows 10 laptop, and I accidently made some of the images inside my desktop images smaller. Unfortunately, I've been looking for some sort of solution on the internet, however the only results I get are making the icon
    itself bigger which isn't the case.

The icon size itself is fine. The image inside of the icon isn't.

Any help would be highly appreciated as I've had to deal with this problem for quite a few months now. Thanks!

Marzmidd, Jun 6, 2021
Thema:

Desktop Icon Image Box is Right Size But Image Inside Icon Box is Way Too Small

1. Desktop Icon Image Box is Right Size But Image Inside Icon Box is Way Too Small - Similar Threads - Desktop Icon Image

2. image inside icon thumbnail does not fill the icon box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    image inside icon thumbnail does not fill the icon box: I recently upgraded to Windows 11. I didn't like the available icons to change for my folders, so I have learned how to create ".ico" pictures to change the icon, but the icon inside the folder thumbnail is very small and I can't figure out how to get it to fill the box....
  3. image inside icon thumbnail does not fill the icon box

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    image inside icon thumbnail does not fill the icon box: I recently upgraded to Windows 11. I didn't like the available icons to change for my folders, so I have learned how to create ".ico" pictures to change the icon, but the icon inside the folder thumbnail is very small and I can't figure out how to get it to fill the box....
  4. Desktop icon images too small

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop icon images too small: The icons on my desktop have been normal for a week, but suddenly one of them has gone smaller.I am not using any third party software other than Wallpaper Engine. Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks in advance....
  5. Desktop icon images too small

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop icon images too small: The icons on my desktop have been normal for a week, but suddenly one of them has gone smaller.I am not using any third party software other than Wallpaper Engine. Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks in advance....
  6. Desktop icon images too small

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Icon Images too small

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Icon Images too small: [ATTACH] My icons recently became much too small. I am at 125% zoom but before they scaled correctly. Its only system things too (only happening to spotify, nahmic, xbox, etc.) Sorry if this is a common issue....
  8. Some desktop icons are small inside boxes?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some desktop icons are small inside boxes?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/sleepypersona [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/len9in/some_desktop_icons_are_small_inside_boxes/
  9. icon image size

icon image size: How do I increase the size of an image and print size inside an icon? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-image-size/28dabf3d-b1a2-4950-897b-70ee904734db
  10. Image Inside of Icon Size

Image Inside of Icon Size: Hello! A while back I got a new Windows 10 laptop, and I accidently made some of the images inside my desktop images smaller. Unfortunately, I've been looking for some sort of solution on the internet, however the only results I get are making the icon itself bigger which...