Windows 10: Desktop icon is displayed in a different language.

Discus and support Desktop icon is displayed in a different language. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 on my PC after some bugs in the old one. Then I noticed that the desktop icon is displayed in Arabic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AE.Ismail, Feb 17, 2020.

1. AE.Ismail Win User

Desktop icon is displayed in a different language.

Hello, I installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 on my PC after some bugs in the old one. Then I noticed that the desktop icon is displayed in Arabic language, although I didn't even choose Arabic as an input language. Any help would be appreciated.

Desktop icon is displayed in a different language. 95dc7d0b-8ef8-48e9-92ef-e7cc80f55d97?upload=true.png

:)

AE.Ismail, Feb 17, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

I can not change display language

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I suggest you to Change settings that may block installation

There are advanced language settings that may block the download of language packs. To revert these settings to their defaults values so that you can download language packs, follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel. To do this, type Control Panel in the
      Search box, and then tap or click Control Panel in the search results list.

• Tap or click Clock, Language and Region. (If you are viewing Control Panel in icon display, select
      Language, and then go to step 4.)

• Tap or click Language.

• Tap or click Advanced settings.

• Examine the Override for Windows display language and
      Override for default input method lists. Make sure that the
      Use language list (recommended)
      option is selected for both lists

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Feb 17, 2020
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Feb 17, 2020
  4. Mark Isi Win User

Change desktop icons language display

Hello,

Just to verify, can you tell us which drop down boxes are you referring to? It would be helpful if you could post a screenshot of your desktop and the drop down menus that has the different language?

In the mean time, feel free to check out this link for steps on how to change the language
    globally on your PC. Just scan through the steps provided on the link and see if you've missed a step or two.

We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Mark Isi, Feb 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Desktop icon is displayed in a different language. - Similar Threads - Desktop icon displayed

2. Different display language and keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Different display language and keyboard layout: Hello fellow members,I have English as my display language because I work as a software developer and most of my devices use English as the system language, though all my input layouts are German QWERTZ because I live in Germany.How do I remove this pesky English United...
  3. Different icons on Different desktops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different icons on Different desktops: when are we getting this feature it's pointless to have diffrent desktops with the same icons https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/different-icons-on-different-desktops/ab2ab73b-5d94-4e6d-8675-252a364894d8
  4. Different icons on Different desktops

Different icons on Different desktops: when are we getting this feature it's pointless to have diffrent desktops with the same icons https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/different-icons-on-different-desktops/ab2ab73b-5d94-4e6d-8675-252a364894d8
  5. Different icons on Different desktops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different icons on Different desktops: Hi all, Just wondering as i just got a new laptop with Windows 11 if i can install different icon shortcuts in different desktops.It appears each new desktop clones the icons from the last.It would be good to switch to a different desktop and see different icons altogether...
  6. Different icons on Different desktops

Different icons on Different desktops: Hi all, Just wondering as i just got a new laptop with Windows 11 if i can install different icon shortcuts in different desktops.It appears each new desktop clones the icons from the last.It would be good to switch to a different desktop and see different icons altogether...
  7. Desktop Icons Arrangement for different Displays

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icons Arrangement for different Displays: Hello Community, I am using following setup: Surface Pro 5th Gen Intel Core i7 @ 2.5 GHz 16 GB Ram 64-Bit 512 GB Storage Windows 10 Pro Workspace 1 home office: Connected to 2nd Display via Surface Dock 2 only show on Display 2 Workspace 2 school office: Connected...
  8. Display language and input language differences

Display language and input language differences: Hello I am trying to set my language to English (Germany) but even though it is set correctly in Languages tab, I see English (UK) in Region. How can I get rid of UK? [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Best regards...
  9. Different Keyboard and Display Language

Different Keyboard and Display Language: Hello there. I am deperately trying to keep my english display language, but changing the default keyboard layout to german or french. I did everything described in the web, including Time & Language settings, advanced keyboard settings etc. For the solution with the...
  10. Different shortcut icons on different desktops

Different shortcut icons on different desktops: Is it possible to place different sets of icons on different desktop ? For example, having desktop 1 empty, desktop 2 full of files, desktop 3 with shortcuts to programmes/games, etc. Also is there a way to have a different wallpaper on each desktop, to tell them apart...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows desktop icons name in different languages