Windows 10: Desktop Icon Issue

Discus and support Desktop Icon Issue in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This is one of the most frustrating issues I've had to deal with. After having a problem with my GPU fan, I had to take apart most of my PC to find out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by prototype464, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Desktop Icon Issue

This is one of the most frustrating issues I've had to deal with. After having a problem with my GPU fan, I had to take apart most of my PC to find out what part was going bad. After re-assembling and booting up, all of my desktop icons have moved back to my primary monitor which I do not want.

I always had my primary monitor as the on in front of me and my keyboard, which includes window opening priority when a program is opened, it shows up on this one, includes the search bar and the icons in the bottom right of the taskbar.

I use Stardock's Fences software to have my desktop organized, and it usually follows Windows rules as far as I can tell, problem is now that my desktop and everything else is now on my primary monitor, when I want my desktop to be on my secondary monitor. No amount of searching Google has been able to help me solve this, as almost all results I'm getting are not what I searched for, basically all of them show me how to fix the "problem" I'm actually trying to re-create.

I want my primary monitor to be my primary monitor, but I want all of my desktop icons on my secondary monitor, as this is what I had it set up for previously.

Please help!

:)

prototype464, Apr 9, 2021

2. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Apr 9, 2021
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Apr 9, 2021
  4. Desktop Icon Issue

Desktop Icons

Hello Glenda,

Share this information to assist you better.

• Is the issue particular to the Comcast?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates?
    • Did you try changing icons of other shortcuts?
    Follow the steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Press Windows+I to open Settings panel, and click
    Personalization to access Personalization settings.

Step 2: Tap Change desktop icons on the top left in the Personalization window.

Step 3: In the Desktop Icon Settings window, select the icon of
    This PC and click Change Icon.

Step 4: Choose a new icon from the list, and tap OK.

Step 5: Click OK to confirm the change.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

Desktop Icon Issue

1. Desktop Icon Issue - Similar Threads - Desktop Icon Issue

2. HAVE AN ISSUE WITH DESKTOP ICONS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HAVE AN ISSUE WITH DESKTOP ICONS: Hi. I am experiencing an issue with the desktop icons in Windows 11... I have been told to try some testingin safe mode. I am not familiar with this process and want to know the steps to boot in safe mode and after I'mdone, how to return to normal mode.Can someone assist me...
  3. Desktop Icon Issues Win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icon Issues Win11: Every time I open my laptop this is what a lot of my desktop icons look like. Some should look like actual program icons or the folder icon yet this is what happens. I noticed that if I scale back up to like 200% in settings that fixes the icons but that's waaaay to large for...
  4. Desktop Icon issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Icon issues: I cannot get my icons back to their original positions. I know you can't see it from this picture, but when you hover over one of the icons the *outline of the icon is 10 times the size you see on the screen. not sure that is the correct terminology Not only are they spread...
  5. Desktop Icon issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icon issues: I cannot get my icons back to their original positions. I know you can't see it from this picture, but when you hover over one of the icons the *outline of the icon is 10 times the size you see on the screen. not sure that is the correct terminology Not only are they spread...
  6. Desktop Icon issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Desktop Icon / Toolbar Issue

Desktop Icon / Toolbar Issue: Hello Community,Firstly I would like to point out that I am a rookie when it comes to computers.When I double click on an specific Icon on the desktop, instead of expanding on the screen it will go to files in the toolbar where it remains. I am unable to maximise it. When I...
  8. Desktop Icon issue

Desktop Icon issue: Yesterday when I logged into my work computer Dell Latitude 5420/Windows 10 Pro, my additional monitors were acting a little weird, so I did a system reset, verified the display settings. I really don't believe I changed anything that could have done this however- after a...
  9. desktop issue with opening icons

desktop issue with opening icons: Desktop Icons Will Not Open __With Double Click Of Mouse Operating system is Vista 64, Windows 7. I cannot open any desktop icon with mouse and a right click of mouse does not open any options. I can open icons in the task bar, quick launch with mouse and a right click of...
  10. Desktop Icons issue

Desktop Icons issue: One month ago, i upgraded from windows 7 pro (x64) to windows 10 pro (x64). For 1 month it was working properly, but today (08.09.2015) i log into the windows and i founded an very annoying issue. I can't move my desktops icons and shortcuts. HOW ?! All my icons are sorted...