Windows 10: Desktop Icon now display arrows

Discus and support Desktop Icon now display arrows in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After a recent update of windows 10 the desktop icons started to appear like in the screenshot below. Is this a default way of presenting the Icons on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RichardTrach, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Desktop Icon now display arrows

After a recent update of windows 10 the desktop icons started to appear like in the screenshot below. Is this a default way of presenting the Icons on the desktop? and if so how do I change it back to the more traditional way to get rid of the ">>>"

:)

RichardTrach, Jun 11, 2021
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Desktop Arrow Symbols

The arrow symbol in your screen capture is the standard arrow for a shortcut, it does not mean compression !!

For a step by step registry hack to remove these standard shortcut arrows -
    Click HERE

DaveM121, Jun 11, 2021
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Jun 11, 2021
  4. Try3 Win User

Desktop Icon now display arrows

Deleted icons stay on desktop (not in desktop folder)

I can only suggest that you
    1 Add a list of steps you have already taken.
    2 Add a comment about restarting the computer. Do the deleted icons disappear then?
    2 Add a comment explaining if any Desktop items do delete correctly and whether or not there are any significant differences between those that do delete correctly and those that don't.
    3 Add a list of any OS tweaks you have done & any third-party OS-related utilities you have run.

I assume you have already reinstalled your display driver.
    I don't see a Repair install as being relevant. Repair Install - TenForumsTutorials

Denis

Thema:

Desktop Icon now display arrows

1. Desktop Icon now display arrows - Similar Threads - Desktop Icon display

2. Remove shortcut arrow icon ONLY ON DESKTOP?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remove shortcut arrow icon ONLY ON DESKTOP?: Is there a way to remove the shortcut arrow icon from shortcuts, but only on the desktop? So I could still see them in explorer which is useful, but it would make the desktop look a lot cleaner. submitted by /u/KingofHeck [link] [comments]...
  3. arrows on icons

in Windows 10 Support
    arrows on icons: hey guys. On my laptop I noticed that as you can see,there are many icons (shortcuts) and files with these arrows on it? What is this and how to get rid of it? [img] 155585
  4. Icon arrows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icon arrows: I tried getting rid of the arrows on my icons with the directions here: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-get-rid-shortcut-arrows-windows-10. After restarting, it worked BUT any time I put the computer to sleep, or restarted it, they came back. What's wierd is not ALL of...
  5. Icons not displaying on the desktop

Icons not displaying on the desktop: No icons displaying on the desktop. Done all the things, suggested on the internet, Microsoft support and everywhere else. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-not-displaying-on-the-desktop/dae075be-a7c2-4932-a998-60e2734684a6
  6. Small arrows my desktop icons

Small arrows my desktop icons: I recently noticed small arrows on many of the icons on my desktop. Why were they put there and are they a backdoor into my system? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/small-arrows-my-desktop-icons/162c88a7-afd4-4f33-ae9d-8f871270d73b
  7. Weird arrow icon on desktop icons

Weird arrow icon on desktop icons: Since last week I have this strange blue arrow symbol on a lot of my desktop icons. How do I get it off?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-arrow-icon-on-desktop-icons/94391928-601a-4868-a6a4-9b0cd5e48e49
  8. DESKTOP ICON NOT DISPLAYING PROPERLY

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DESKTOP ICON NOT DISPLAYING PROPERLY: On window 10 on my laptop 75% of my icons are a little white box with dialogue at the bottom of them to say what they are if I enlarge them they are bigger but still a blank icon Micro Soft has suggested I reinstall windows which I did but everything is still the same...
  9. Unidentified icon displaying on desktop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unidentified icon displaying on desktop: Today, I noticed a new icon on my Windows 10 Desktop: [ATTACH] If I right-click, no additional choices appear. The icon cannot be expanded. I have been unable to locate any possibly associated processes for this. Any ideas as to what this might be and how to remove...
  10. Desktop shortcut icon arrow disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop shortcut icon arrow disappeared: [img] <-Before [img] <-After I upgraded to Windows 10 recently, and I've noticed something strange happening. When I boot up my computer, the desktop looks fine, but after a while, the little arrow overlays at the bottom left corner of the shortcut icons disappear....