Windows 10: Desktop icon on desktop

Discus and support Desktop icon on desktop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, A desktop icon suddenly appeared on my desktop.. If I delete it, the whole desktop is also deleted... The desktop folder on the drive, does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by woodyard, Apr 20, 2015.

1. woodyard Win User

Desktop icon on desktop

Hi,

A desktop icon suddenly appeared on my desktop.. If I delete it, the whole desktop is also deleted...
    The desktop folder on the drive, does not contain that icon.

Does anyone has any experience with this scenario? *Smile

:)

woodyard, Apr 20, 2015

2. Windows update error (0x80070422)

desktop-ltdglo7, Apr 20, 2015
  3. Windows update error (0x80070422)

desktop-ltdglo7, Apr 20, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

Desktop icon on desktop

What icon? Can you post a screenshot?

Edwin, Apr 20, 2015
  5. woodyard Win User
    Oh damn, I forgot to attach it *Smile

Desktop icon on desktop [​IMG]

woodyard, Apr 20, 2015
  6. Edwin New Member
    K, that's what I thought.
    I can't really explain though. It seems that when you create a shortcut for the desk top, the system will create a temporary 'Desktop' shortcut (3) on the desktop!
    It may go away after closing Explorer windows or right clicking on the desktop and choosing 'Refresh'.
    However, based on the green check marks, yours seem to be associated with OneDrive, so you may have some other weirdness going on there.
    Sorry if that wasn't very helpful but there's a lot of strange things going on in W10! *Smile

Desktop icon on desktop [​IMG]

Edwin, Apr 20, 2015
  7. woodyard Win User
    Pacepalm! *Doh A refresh did it... Can't say why I didn't try that to start with.... Thanks..!

woodyard, Apr 20, 2015
  8. Gary Win User

Desktop icon on desktop

That is probably some sort of bug. It is happening in all builds or maybe it is intentional..?

9. It's a bug. If you want to get rid of it just refresh the desktop.

cyberrufus, Apr 20, 2015
  10. Reminds me of the 'Home Group' icon that appears randomly on Win 8/8.1 desktops. Deleting and refreshing the desktop fixed the issue.

AthanasianCreed, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Desktop icon on desktop

1. Desktop icon on desktop - Similar Threads - Desktop icon desktop

2. desktop icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop icon: how do I get the edge desktop icon onto the desk top. drag and drop do not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icon/c319dfe3-84c8-4e70-a042-79c898cc3037
  3. Desktop Icon

Desktop Icon: Out of nowhere new icon appeared on my desktop “removable storage devices” and there is no option to remove it. Pls. help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icon/1cc0c65f-aab6-4397-a335-48b79d5a0bc5
  4. Icon to desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Icon to desktop: I would like to put some Application icon on my desktop. Here is what I see when I right click on an application icon: [img] I was looking for the option copy the icon but it is NOT there. How can I get the icon to my desktop? 135272
  5. Desktop Icons

Desktop Icons: How do I put icons on my desktop; Example: Health site? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons/35e13d3e-ef14-41b0-af09-bcdd11aa4051
  6. Icons on the Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons on the Desktop: I am setting up a new system on a NUC6i7HVK with Windows 10 Pro version 1809. When I installed iTunes and QFinder Pro I discovered I could no longer put a Shortcut for these on the Desktop, just in the Taskbar or on the Start window. Does anyone have a workaround or...
  7. No desktop icons

No desktop icons: after downloading Windows 10 no hp desktop icons appear not any icons appear tried right click start desktop checked show icons right clicked on screen couldn't find control panel to try that. Is there a free fix to download around for this?...
  8. Desktop no icons

Desktop no icons: Could updating drivers with clean master cause no desktop icons to appear on desktop and if so how to undo just drivers to original specifications in clean master or Windows 10?...
  9. Desktop Icons

Desktop Icons: Hello all Have a new Levano idea pad and have been attempting to post icons on my desktop without any success Any help out there Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_taskbar/desktop-icons/2a4707b9-e4aa-4a44-9f49-e571bd87b156
  10. Desktop with icons

Desktop with icons: I have lost the page that opens at start up that is my desktop with icons https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/desktop-with-icons/0200c1b4-6f87-4a32-93bf-04603658ed1d