Windows 10: desktop icon placement

Discus and support desktop icon placement in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; have windows 10 on desktop computer; desktop icons won't stay where i want to place them.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RetiredMSG, Feb 23, 2020.

1. desktop icon placement

have windows 10 on desktop computer; desktop icons won't stay where i want to place them.

:)

RetiredMSG, Feb 23, 2020
  2. bro67 Win User

Desktop icons have wacky placement on CU?

It will not happen if you wish to have a second desktop or expand the desktop. Also all of those icons that you have on your desktop will always change their placement and swap around. Suggest clean that up first before you decide if you want to extend the desktop or create a second desktop.

bro67, Feb 23, 2020
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Cant place icons on certain places on dekstop

We appreciate the information you've provided. We suggest downloading the latest update, KB4020102, to see if that resolves your concern with the icon placement.
    To do that, go to Settings > Update & Security
    > Check for Updates.

We also recommend changing the desktop icon settings. To access it, follow these steps:

• Click Start.

• Type Themes and press Enter.

• Click Change desktop icons.

• Uncheck Allow themes to change desktop icons.

• Click Apply.

• Click OK.

After installing the latest updates and changing the desktop icon settings, check if you can place icons on the left side of your screen.

Let us know if what happens to your icon placement after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Feb 23, 2020
  4. desktop icon placement

Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Feb 23, 2020
Thema:

desktop icon placement

1. desktop icon placement - Similar Threads - desktop icon placement

2. Placement of the taskbar not the icons on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Placement of the taskbar not the icons on the taskbar: I recently installed Windows 11 Home. Is it possible to have the taskbar appear on the right side of the screen? This is how I set up my screen in Windows 10 and I preferred it that way. Since I have not managed to do it so far in Windows 11, I decided to auto-hide the...
  3. Placement of the taskbar not the icons on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Placement of the taskbar not the icons on the taskbar: I recently installed Windows 11 Home. Is it possible to have the taskbar appear on the right side of the screen? This is how I set up my screen in Windows 10 and I preferred it that way. Since I have not managed to do it so far in Windows 11, I decided to auto-hide the...
  4. ICON PLACEMENT

in Windows 10 Customization
    ICON PLACEMENT: How can I keep my desktop icons from rearranging when I leave the desktop or restart my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-placement/961f981f-0500-4968-9b89-34c4a66e461c
  5. How do you save your desktop icon placement?

How do you save your desktop icon placement?: It's been a while but has happened twice in the past couple weeks that my desktop icons were rearranged, one was due to a recent windows update I read, and that one removed some, if not all, of my icons, I don't remember exactly. And just a day or 2 ago my icons were randomly...
  6. Icon placement at top to screen

Icon placement at top to screen: After reboot windows 10, unable to place any icons at the top of the screen. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-placement-at-top-to-screen/a7a6a052-93ba-4b29-8fcb-da168293de7d
  7. Desktop symbol placement

Desktop symbol placement: I WANT TO PLace symbols in a certain pattern that is prevented by predetermined lines. How do I solve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-symbol-placement/3cf4e89c-3238-44f7-af2b-c179c09aae1f
  8. Windows 10 Icon Placement

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Icon Placement: I am having trouble placing icons right above the task bar. On my screen there is about an inch or two inches worth of space between the task bar and the lowest spot on my screen I can place an icon. Is there any way to fix this? 16017
  9. Placement of new icons on the desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Placement of new icons on the desktop: Hello everyone, I have an issue that has been nagging me for years now and through multiple versions of Windows and am hoping someone can help me finally figure it out. I use my desktop as my workspace - in addition to shortcuts it also contains files and folders I am...
  10. Desktop icons have wacky placement on CU?

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons have wacky placement on CU?: Hey guys, This is a strange one. Yes, I know my desktop is messy. But that's not really the point. I made a short 1-minute video showing the problem, and it's much easier to show that way than trying to explain in writing and screenshots. See below: IBsmW6nishU...