Windows 10: Desktop Icon Problem Windows 10 updates latest

Discus and support Desktop Icon Problem Windows 10 updates latest in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I boot up for a period of time the only icon that works is the top icon on the screen If you click any other icon although the path is correct it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ArchGlen, May 3, 2020.

1. ArchGlen Win User

Desktop Icon Problem Windows 10 updates latest

When I boot up for a period of time the only icon that works is the top icon on the screen If you click any other icon although the path is correct it follows the path of the top icon on the screen. I f you move another icon to the top of the screen then all icons now take that path. Eventually this clears and all icons work with the correct path. Has anyone got the solution?

:)

ArchGlen, May 3, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

95Viper, May 3, 2020
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, May 3, 2020
  4. Desktop Icon Problem Windows 10 updates latest

Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, May 3, 2020
Thema:

Desktop Icon Problem Windows 10 updates latest

1. Desktop Icon Problem Windows 10 updates latest - Similar Threads - Desktop Icon Problem

2. Problem with latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem with latest Windows 10 update: Trying to update my Windows 10 with the latest update results in an error with the code 0x80070643. The update download but does not install. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-latest-windows-10-update/5ea61f8c-c869-4945-af03-5df44bdf1f2a
  3. Problem with latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with latest Windows 10 update: Trying to update my Windows 10 with the latest update results in an error with the code 0x80070643. The update download but does not install. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-latest-windows-10-update/5ea61f8c-c869-4945-af03-5df44bdf1f2a
  4. Problem with latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Latest Windows 10 update Problem

Latest Windows 10 update Problem: Allowed restart for latest Window 10 update and after 6 or so restarts to gather errors it went into a disk scan and now has been setting at 100% complete for maybe the last hour as the Microsoft circle keeps revolving? What do I do now?...
  6. Latest windows 10 update problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Latest windows 10 update problems: Hello, I've updated windows last night to it latest version on my desktop. I've found some issues, such as: Programs won't load, can't delete my optional updates, almost nothing will open. I've searched up the problem on my laptop. And it seems like a lot of people are having...
  7. Skype for Desktop latest versions on Windows 10 Update Failed problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype for Desktop latest versions on Windows 10 Update Failed problem: I have 9 different computers in my business all running Win10 x64 and we use the Skype for Desktop version on all of them because the Skype Windows 10 app has several serious user interface shortcomings compared to the Skype for Desktop. Up until the last 6 weeks, everyone's...
  8. Latest Windows 10 Update Problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    Latest Windows 10 Update Problems: My windows 10 updated this week of Jan 7 2019 and now my snipping tool does not work. When I open snipping tool and click the cursor to snip an image, the whole screen goes gray and I can't snip anything. It was working fine before the update....
  9. Windows 10 problem with desktop icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 problem with desktop icons: Hi. I have a problem with desktop icons. After moving icon in other folder it stay on desktop and create a copy in folder were was moved! And only one method to remove from desktop is press delete(...
  10. Windows 10 latest update problem

Windows 10 latest update problem: Hello guys I have a problem with the windows 10 latest update , my pc keeps on rebooting non stop and everytime it showa this message " the installation of the update is impossible , cancelling the modification " then it install the update again thwn cancel the modification...