Windows 10: Desktop icon reduction

Discus and support Desktop icon reduction in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I leave my desk, come back and my icons are enlarge 10x their normal size. How do I reduce them? Thanks- Terri... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TerriFriesner, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Desktop icon reduction

I leave my desk, come back and my icons are enlarge 10x their normal size. How do I reduce them? Thanks- Terri

:)

TerriFriesner, Feb 5, 2020

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Feb 5, 2020
  3. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Feb 5, 2020
  4. Desktop icon reduction

Desktop Icons

Hello Glenda,

Share this information to assist you better.

• Is the issue particular to the Comcast?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates?
    • Did you try changing icons of other shortcuts?
    Follow the steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Press Windows+I to open Settings panel, and click
    Personalization to access Personalization settings.

Step 2: Tap Change desktop icons on the top left in the Personalization window.

Step 3: In the Desktop Icon Settings window, select the icon of
    This PC and click Change Icon.

Step 4: Choose a new icon from the list, and tap OK.

Step 5: Click OK to confirm the change.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

Desktop icon reduction

1. Desktop icon reduction - Similar Threads - Desktop icon reduction

2. Attack Surface Reduction

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Attack Surface Reduction: Windows security keeps blocking some of my scheduled tasks. When I look in the protection log it says This is on a home system that no one else uses https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/attack-surface-reduction/caa697e3-9df7-479e-b477-f27172b5efe5
  3. Attack Surface Reduction

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Attack Surface Reduction: Windows security keeps blocking some of my scheduled tasks. When I look in the protection log it says This is on a home system that no one else uses https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/attack-surface-reduction/caa697e3-9df7-479e-b477-f27172b5efe5
  4. Reduction is service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reduction is service: Windows 11’s losing track of time and not displaying seconds more than a quarter of a century after people began depending on Windows 95 to set their clocks seems like a weird dream....
  5. Reduction is service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reduction is service: Windows 11’s losing track of time and not displaying seconds more than a quarter of a century after people began depending on Windows 95 to set their clocks seems like a weird dream....
  6. Screen reduction

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen reduction: I am unable to reduce windows screen on my Surface Book 3. I am able to exit and minimize though https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-reduction/d5000022-8e75-4a78-8f00-915b5554a5bd
  7. Blue light reduction

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blue light reduction: I understand there is a way to reduce the amount of blue light emitted from my computer screen with Windows 10. Can someone help me with this? Thanks. Ray https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-light-reduction/b3928a13-64ef-46ba-b7f5-b3446d7dd047
  8. PDF document reduction

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PDF document reduction: how do I reduce the size of a PDF document for a visa application? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/pdf-document-reduction/be104c52-2cad-4146-b28d-a35db03a57f0
  9. Automatic volume reduction

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Automatic volume reduction: Greetings, I am writting here because I have literally turned the whole Google around looking for a solution. Nothing seems to work. The problem is that the volume of different sources of sound, for example YouTube, gets reduced if I turn another differenc source of...
  10. Disable Desktop Wallpaper JPEG Quality Reduction in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Disable Desktop Wallpaper JPEG Quality Reduction in Windows 10: How to: Disable Desktop Wallpaper JPEG Quality Reduction in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable JPEG Desktop Wallpaper Import Quality Reduction in Windows 10 When you set an image as your desktop background wallpaper or slideshow, Windows will import a copy of this...