Windows 10: Desktop Icon Scaling HD External and Surface Book

Discus and support Desktop Icon Scaling HD External and Surface Book in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a Surface book and two external 1080p monitors. When I connect the SB to the monitors it scales properly from 200% SB screen to 100% 1080p... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bigzaj, Nov 10, 2015.

1. bigzaj Win User

Desktop Icon Scaling HD External and Surface Book

I have a Surface book and two external 1080p monitors. When I connect the SB to the monitors it scales properly from 200% SB screen to 100% 1080p monitor for most things except IE and Desktop icons. They're still at 200% on the 1080p screen unless I log off and on.

The issue is I am up and down from my desk 5-10 times a day and constantly having to close applications and log off is a giant pain. Is there a work around for this?

Desktop Icon Scaling HD External and Surface Book [​IMG]

:)

bigzaj, Nov 10, 2015

2. Surface Pro 3 external display problem

Hello,

I have following problem which appeared after anniversary update.

I have Surface Pro 3 docked and connected to external display. External is set as main display with 100 % scaling and Surfaces own as secondary with 150 % scaling. Problem is that desktop icons are not on external but stays on Surfaces own display and just
    get scaled to 100 €. Taskbar works correctly and shows only on external. Displays are configured as extended. Also when Surface is released from dock icons on its display scales back to 150 % as they should.

Thanks,

Martti Kauppinen, Nov 10, 2015
  3. Jat130 Win User
    Desktop Icons Surface Book have gone massive

Surface book upgraded to latest updates. Two in office (out of three - other person is currently on leave so unsure) have randomly increased size of desktop icons to be massive.

Have tried putting into and taking out of tablet mode, changing scaling settings, changing icon sizes (made icons tiny but text and used area remained same size.

Running surface dock with two screens via VGA cables. Other computer using two DVI cables.

Jat130, Nov 10, 2015
Thema:

Desktop Icon Scaling HD External and Surface Book

1. Desktop Icon Scaling HD External and Surface Book - Similar Threads - Desktop Icon Scaling

2. Logitech HD Webcam C615 Does Not Work with Surface Book 3

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Logitech HD Webcam C615 Does Not Work with Surface Book 3: In April 2020, I purchased a Logitech HD Webcam C615. I needed an external camera that could be moved around in different ways than the fixed built-in camera on my other PC devices. It worked fine with Windows 10 on my other devices all the way through the latest version of...
  3. Surface Book

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Book: I cannot install chrome browser on my Surface Book https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-book/cda81878-dcdf-4625-9a44-7fe9e31ab73b
  4. Adding external webcam to Surface Book 3

Adding external webcam to Surface Book 3: I've reinstalled the logitech software and attached 2 different logitech webcams in every single USB on my laptop Surface Book 3 and restarted my laptop multiple times. My laptop knows the webcams are plugged in because I can see it on device list but all it says under it is...
  5. External HD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External HD: External HD is recognized but does not appear in My Computer on Windows 10 PRO system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hd/d98debb3-1b03-42de-9643-d5d53ad30a5e
  6. surface book camera

surface book camera: the camera is not working and not showing in device manager https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-book-camera/c1f1ae7f-d81e-462d-b1d8-de0d1a01d72a
  7. Surface Book 2

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Surface Book 2: I am trying to run Flash files on my Surface Book 2 and have had no success. I have downloaded adobe flash. Is there something I need to do? Does Flash work on the Surface Book 2?...
  8. Surface Book

Surface Book: can I download icloud onto my Surface Book and if so how? want to import pics stored there from my iPhone. tried to trf directrly from the iPhone but they are held as optimised files and don't have enough storage to de-optimised if that makes sense. hope you can help....
  9. how to change icon for external hd

how to change icon for external hd: I have a wdlogo.ico and the following file on the root name of the file autorun.inf [autorun] icon="wdlogo.ico" But i see no changes in the explorer 61686
  10. External HD

External HD: 1. I have a external HD that is compatible with windows 7 or 8. When I upgrade to windows 10 will I still be able to use it? 2. Can I download windows 10 ISO to a external HD and then install windows 10 right off of that same external HD? 16269