Windows 10: desktop icon spacing

Discus and support desktop icon spacing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I keep having desktop spacing problems. I have down regedit in registry fix many times, but it keeps coming back I am using win 10 with edge. Is there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JacksonAiken, May 15, 2020.

1. desktop icon spacing

I keep having desktop spacing problems. I have down regedit in registry fix many times, but it keeps coming back I am using win 10 with edge. Is there anupdate I need to load that fixes this problem?

:)

JacksonAiken, May 15, 2020

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, May 15, 2020
  3. Juzar_Ali Win User
    Freely moving desktop icons in windows 10

Hi,

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the blank space on desktop.
    • Click on View.
    • Uncheck Align icons to grid.

Hope this helps. Please get back to us if you need any other assistance.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, May 15, 2020
  4. desktop icon spacing

Space allotted to desktop icons

Hi Bob,

Windows 10 have various options to personalize your PC based on your liking. To help us provide the appropriate steps on how to make the changes that you want, we would like to ask for additional details. Please answer the following:

• What is the current build and version of your Windows 10 device?
    • Can you please provide a screenshot of the desktop icon having an extra space?
    • Have you made any recent changes to the settings before this occurred?

We hope to hear from you soon.

Jennifer Cha, May 15, 2020
Thema:

desktop icon spacing

1. desktop icon spacing - Similar Threads - desktop icon spacing

2. Icon spacing on W11 desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icon spacing on W11 desktop: Hello,I have an annoying problem with my desktop.My icon spacing is just awful. So big.Any way to solve this?tks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-spacing-on-w11-desktop/a28aaa6d-da1d-4c4e-a9cd-e92dd4ddf6e9
  3. Icon spacing on W11 desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icon spacing on W11 desktop: Hello,I have an annoying problem with my desktop.My icon spacing is just awful. So big.Any way to solve this?tks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-spacing-on-w11-desktop/a28aaa6d-da1d-4c4e-a9cd-e92dd4ddf6e9
  4. Desktop icons spaced out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons spaced out: One day, when I booted up my computer, the icons were really spaced out. So I used regedit to modify the icon spacing details, and all was fine. But when I unplugged my laptop from my monitor, the icons were all spaced out on my laptop screen. So I, once again, went into...
  5. Desktop Icon Spacing . . .

Desktop Icon Spacing . . .: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running Windows 10 Pro My desktop icons, are very far apart. I want to get them, closer. Here,'is the way to do it, by editing the registry. =============================== regedit Hkey_current_user control_panel Desktop WindowsMetric...
  6. Desktop Icons too widely spaced

Desktop Icons too widely spaced: For some reason, my desktop icons recently started getting spaced about twice as far apart as usual [ATTACH] I have no idea what caused this but I'd like to recover from it. I've tried changing my view settings after right clicking the desktop, but this hasn't helped....
  7. desktop icon spacing is extended

desktop icon spacing is extended: My desktop icon has been stretched, how to restore it to the original settings. Thank you. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icon-spacing-is-extended/505c92f9-f6c2-48b0-905a-7af115cf4a32
  8. desktop icon spacing problem

desktop icon spacing problem: Windows updated my computer and now the spacing between the desktop icons is huge, and I do not want to dig into the registry editor to solve this because it is annoying. Does Mircosoft made something in the settings panel which allows users to adjust the desktop icon...
  9. Desktop icon spacing

Desktop icon spacing: Is there a way to change desktop icon spacing with windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icon-spacing/a5f2b68d-e5a4-4303-b6ce-d8fdf91e8708
  10. Desktop icon spacing

Desktop icon spacing: I'm used to tweaking the values in HKCU\ControlPanel\Desktop\WindowsMetrics\Icon Spacing in previous version of Windows, but it appears to work a bit differently in Win10. Changing the Icon Spacing from the default of -1560 to, say -2000, gives more room for the icon title...