Windows 10: Desktop Icon Suddenly Missing

Discus and support Desktop Icon Suddenly Missing in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Last night when I finished browsing on Firefox and closed it down, I noticed that one of my desktop shortcuts was missing. I checked my Recycle Bin... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ExtensionGo, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Desktop Icon Suddenly Missing

Last night when I finished browsing on Firefox and closed it down, I noticed that one of my desktop shortcuts was missing.

I checked my Recycle Bin just in case I accidentally deleted it or dragged it there while clicking, but it was empty. I'm also 100% certain that I haven't been deleting any shortcuts.

Unfortunately, I can't remember what the missing shortcut was for, but its sudden absence is bugging me now.

1. Is there a log or anything that can help me find out what shortcut was recently removed?
    2. Was there a recent update that could have deleted the shortcut? I've read that this has happened to some people in the past.
    3. Is there any other possible cause for an icon to suddenly disappear?
    4. If a shortcut suddenly disappears, does this mean a program was uninstalled without my knowledge? If so, is there a way to identify and restore it?
    submitted by /u/ExtensionGo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ExtensionGo, Mar 30, 2020

2. Missing desktop icons

Hi,

In order for us to address your concern about the missing desktop icons, kindly answer the following questions first:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer system prior to getting this issue?
    • What is the current version and build of your Windows 10? To get these information follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Once the Run box appears, type Winver.
    • Press Enter.
    • A small window will appear which will show these information.

(You may need to update your Windows computer, please refer to this
    support link
    to get information about Windows update history as well as how to update your device.)

• Aside from doing the commands above, what are other troubleshooting steps have you taken for your missing desktop icons issue?

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, May 25, 2020
  3. Desktop Icons missing

Hello Ted,

There are several reasons why the icons in your Windows 10 may be missing. To better assist you with this matter, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried turning off the Tablet mode feature? To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + I, then select System.
    • Go to Tablet mode, then turn off the Make Windows more touch-friendly when using your device as a tablet.
    • Check if the desktop icons were restored.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will keep an eye out for your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, May 25, 2020
  4. Desktop Icon Suddenly Missing

Desktop icons missing?

i guess its not coz oc
    try to right click on desktop you will find show desktop icon

micropage7, May 25, 2020
Thema:

Desktop Icon Suddenly Missing

1. Desktop Icon Suddenly Missing - Similar Threads - Desktop Icon Suddenly

2. Desktop Icons missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icons missing: On 7/17/22 Windows did an update KB5015807 and I lost my Desktop Icons and some other apps. I have tried the suggested fix its discussed online but the have not fixed the problem.Please advise what I need to do to get my Windows 10 Desktop running again/Thank you!...
  3. Desktop Icons missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Icons missing: On 7/17/22 Windows did an update KB5015807 and I lost my Desktop Icons and some other apps. I have tried the suggested fix its discussed online but the have not fixed the problem.Please advise what I need to do to get my Windows 10 Desktop running again/Thank you!...
  4. Desktop Icons missing

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. some of windows icons missed suddenly!

some of windows icons missed suddenly!: Hi, I'm using Windows 10. Today, when I opened Windows Notification, I noticed that some of the icons have changed and a rectangular image is displayed instead of their original icon.I must say that a few days ago my Windows fonts had changed and I had to reinstall and...
  6. Desktop icons missing

Desktop icons missing: Greetings, I had an issue with my desktop icons missing in windows 10. I had them in the file explorer but not the actual desktop.turns out you can right click the background go to view and select "show desktop icons" I don't know what its an option but this will show/hide...
  7. missing or moved desktop icons

missing or moved desktop icons: After almost every restart desktop icons disappear or only a few are shown all over the screen. How to regain them and to lock them in positions I have set them?...
  8. Missing site icons on desktop.

Missing site icons on desktop.: How do I get my desk top icons back? I inadvertently removed them and have been to control panel personalize many times and tried everything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-site-icons-on-desktop/f32db3bc-d97f-4fec-850c-e808865b2b8b
  9. Desktop Icons missing

Desktop Icons missing: After booting, the desktop icons do not appear. Also, when starting a program from task bar or start menu, the program or window does not open. After 2-3 reboots, the problem seems to fix itself ?? Comments welcome !...
  10. desktop icons missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    desktop icons missing: after update on July 10 about 80% of my sesktop icons are missing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/desktop-icons-missing/7bd06860-79be-4525-9499-ea4fbfcd1e28