Windows 10: Desktop Icon text color

Discus and support Desktop Icon text color in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do you change the windows 10 desktop icons text color?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GaryJames8, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Desktop Icon text color

How do you change the windows 10 desktop icons text color?

:)

GaryJames8, Jun 18, 2020

2. To change Desktop icon text color.

Hello Vivek,

We suggest you to follow the steps given in the link below. This will also work in Windows 10:

How does one change the desktop icon text color in
    Win10

Note: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore,
    make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following
    article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base. How to back up and restore the registry in Windows:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

You can also refer to this link as well.

Let us know what happens.

Anthony Cato, Jun 18, 2020
  3. Desktop icon text color

The default color for my desktop icons is a white font, which is hard for me to see. I can't seem to find a way to change either the color, size, or bold of the text beneath the icon

bradrodgers12, Jun 18, 2020
  4. Ariel Acu Win User

Desktop Icon text color

text under icons

Hello Chris,

Regarding your concern, we can change the Desktop icon text color in another way around. We found another thread, which have the same concern, that contains an action to change the Desktop icon text color. We recommend that you follow the steps given by
    Miseasa on this link to check if the suggested action
    works.

We look forward to your update.

Ariel Acu, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

Desktop Icon text color

1. Desktop Icon text color - Similar Threads - Desktop Icon text

2. How to change color of text assigned to icons on desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change color of text assigned to icons on desktop?: I have several icons on my desktop and I would like to change a color of text assigned to them, for example : from white to red. I don't want to change anything else, only this part. Is there a functionality on Windows 11 which give such an ability?...
  3. icon text color

in Windows 10 Gaming
    icon text color: I want to change the desktop icon text color. Using Themes doesn't do what I want. ANy suggestions ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-text-color/95e395f2-e21a-4b08-bf2c-b6a146febcca
  4. icon text color

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    icon text color: I want to change the desktop icon text color. Using Themes doesn't do what I want. ANy suggestions ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-text-color/95e395f2-e21a-4b08-bf2c-b6a146febcca
  5. icon text color

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Desktop Icon text changing color and shading

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop Icon text changing color and shading: Hello all! I have a unique question I haven't found an answer to. My 85 year old grandfather has an old Windows 7 computer we recently upgraded to 10. So far he loves it! But... His desktop icon text is normally black with no shadow, but sometimes after he closes programs...
  7. Desktop icon text size, font and color customization

Desktop icon text size, font and color customization: ,When, oh when, will MS respond to its millions of begging users and restore desktop icon font customization of size and color? We have been waiting literally for a decade or more for MS to restore that Oh so useful display adjustment section of the operating system, to no...
  8. desktop text color

desktop text color: The text under each desktop icon is white and illegible against my background. Black would be a lot better. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-text-color/1cba4a1c-bbb8-47fb-8d4c-aba9178479e5
  9. Desktop icon text color

Desktop icon text color: The default color for my desktop icons is a white font, which is hard for me to see. I can't seem to find a way to change either the color, size, or bold of the text beneath the icon...
  10. Color of Icon text

Color of Icon text: Is there a way to make it black? right now I can only make them white or white with a drop-shadow. 60017