Windows 10: Desktop icon text size, font and color customization

Discus and support Desktop icon text size, font and color customization in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; ,When, oh when, will MS respond to its millions of begging users and restore desktop icon font customization of size and color? We have been waiting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by skay70, Apr 6, 2019.

1. skay70 Win User

Desktop icon text size, font and color customization

,When, oh when, will MS respond to its millions of begging users and restore desktop icon font customization of size and color?

We have been waiting literally for a decade or more for MS to restore that Oh so useful display adjustment section of the operating system, to no avail. Why was it removed to begin with? It worked, it was very useful, and it was simple to use. I get the feeling that they are trying to dumb down the OS to the point where an intelligent monkey can use it, but the working functions from prior OSs have been taken out and the adjustment ability substituted with 'Accessibility' which is a far cry from what we used to love about display customization, and very limited in application. Come on, MS, stop taking out the good stuff to the detriment of the OS, just because change, you think, is job security. Not so.

I've traveled the internet searching for a solution to this one single problem to no avail, but in the course of my search, I've come across literally thousands of complaints about this one issue, for years, with no logical response from Microsoft as to why it was removed. You guys are starting to act like Congress - unresponsive to we the people. How about stepping up to the plate and giving us a customization package in the next update? Don't we loyal CUSTOMERS deserve a scrap from your table???

:)

skay70, Apr 6, 2019
  2. Sher Amo Win User

Font size customization

Hi Kevin,

Having an option to adjust the font size and the colors of most desktop elements are beneficial, especially that you have your own preferences. To resolve your concern, we’d recommend that you follow the steps provided on
    how to change the font size. Here’s how to do it:

• Right-click on the blank area of the desktop and choose
      Display settings.
    • Scroll down and click Advanced display settings.
    • Scroll down and click Advanced sizing of text and other items.
    • Under Change only the text size, select the item you want to change in the drop-down list and choose the text size.
    • Click on Apply.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Sher Amo, Apr 6, 2019
  3. Desktop icon text color

The default color for my desktop icons is a white font, which is hard for me to see. I can't seem to find a way to change either the color, size, or bold of the text beneath the icon

bradrodgers12, Apr 6, 2019
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Font and Icon size

Hi Vickie,

It's possible that some settings were accidentally changed, affecting your icons and font size. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As initial recommendation, we suggest following these steps to change the icon size:

• Right-click on an empty space on your desktop.
    • Select View.
    • Choose Medium icons or Small icons, whichever you prefer more.

Additionally, you can change the display size of texts and other items by following these steps:

• Right-click on an empty space on your desktop.
    • Click Display settings.
    • Under Change the size of text, apps, and other items, drag the slider over to 100%.
    • If the slider is already on 100%, click Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, choose the Recommended option from the drop-down choices.

We'll wait for your response to our questions and the results of the initial troubleshooting.

Yolvi Ell, Apr 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Desktop icon text size, font and color customization - Similar Threads - Desktop icon text

2. Desktop Icon Font Color - How do I change the font color of the text that describes desktop...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icon Font Color - How do I change the font color of the text that describes desktop...: Desktop Icon Font Color - How do I change the font color of the text that describes desktop icons Windows11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icon-font-color-how-do-i-change-the-font/16cd1e04-287b-464d-9aae-77476ea85128
  3. Desktop Icon Font Color - How do I change the font color of the text that describes desktop...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Icon Font Color - How do I change the font color of the text that describes desktop...: Desktop Icon Font Color - How do I change the font color of the text that describes desktop icons Windows11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icon-font-color-how-do-i-change-the-font/16cd1e04-287b-464d-9aae-77476ea85128
  4. Desktop Icon Font Color

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icon Font Color: I am blind in my right eye and the vision in my left eye is fading, I need to somehow change the color of the desktop icon font. I have increased the size of the icons as much as I can but the font is still white and I can't read it without a magnifier. Please help me...
  5. Desktop Icon Font Color

Desktop Icon Font Color: I am blind in my right eye and the vision in my left eye is fading, I need to somehow change the color of the desktop icon font. I have increased the size of the icons as much as I can but the font is still white and I can't read it without a magnifier. Please help me...
  6. Desktop Icon Font Color

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Paint 3D - text; no custom colour, no custom font size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Paint 3D - text; no custom colour, no custom font size: Hey There,I am using paint 3D,and I use it to make a simple, transparent logo, containing a word.Therefore I use the text editor.But, to my unfortune, I cannot select any custom colours or font size for the word.Is there anyone who can tell me, if there is a way to do...
  8. Paint 3D - text; no custom colour, no custom font size

Paint 3D - text; no custom colour, no custom font size: Hey There,I am using paint 3D,and I use it to make a simple, transparent logo, containing a word.Therefore I use the text editor.But, to my unfortune, I cannot select any custom colours or font size for the word.Is there anyone who can tell me, if there is a way to do...
  9. Desktop Icon text color

Desktop Icon text color: How do you change the windows 10 desktop icons text color? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icon-text-color/afb02ab9-ff54-4ecc-86c0-f9b4ce215329
  10. Desktop icon text color

Desktop icon text color: The default color for my desktop icons is a white font, which is hard for me to see. I can't seem to find a way to change either the color, size, or bold of the text beneath the icon...