Windows 10: Desktop icon text to the right - and smaller icons than settings allow

Discus and support Desktop icon text to the right - and smaller icons than settings allow in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi guys, Is there any way on windows 10 to make the desktop icons appear as do on this macbook. I feel like even the 'small' setting is too big for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ThimAndersen, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Desktop icon text to the right - and smaller icons than settings allow

Hi guys,

Is there any way on windows 10 to make the desktop icons appear as do on this macbook.

I feel like even the 'small' setting is too big for the desktop, and the text below the icon cuts off part of the icon desciption.

I have uploadet a screenshot.

Thanks in advance :

Thim

Desktop icon text to the right - and smaller icons than settings allow [​IMG]

:)

ThimAndersen, Jan 25, 2021
  2. 95Viper Win User

Increase Win7 Max Desktop Icon Text Line Char Amount

Yep, you need to make the icon area larger or the text smaller.

Icons smaller:
    *38040-4678a1b5a2165f528938d39c0ce2a209.jpg*
    Icons BIGGER:
    *38041-140b47045c23363c47c80daf191a020f.jpg*

You can do the text and icons, both, in the "Windows color and Appearance" > "Advanced Appearance Settings" :
    *38042-a503d4f3036beffbfd5047fa5ac05819.jpg*

Here is some info at Addictive Tips: "How To Resize Desktop Icon In Windows 7 or Vista"

I, myself, like the Mouse Wheel Method.

Edit:^^^^*Wink Desktop icon text to the right - and smaller icons than settings allow ;)^^^^
    Hi, Sneekypeet!*Smile Desktop icon text to the right - and smaller icons than settings allow :)

Yes, he could , but I bet you he'll go into it really deep, 'cause there has to be a better way!*Roll Eyes Desktop icon text to the right - and smaller icons than settings allow :rolleyes:

95Viper, Jan 25, 2021
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Jan 25, 2021
  4. Desktop icon text to the right - and smaller icons than settings allow

Missing Desktop Icon Text

You can't rename or even create new folders, etc ... The icons are there I just took a screenshot to show what I was talking about. The icons are unclickable

Morrison5891, Jan 25, 2021
Thema:

Desktop icon text to the right - and smaller icons than settings allow

1. Desktop icon text to the right - and smaller icons than settings allow - Similar Threads - Desktop icon text

2. Desktop icon text to the right windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop icon text to the right windows 11: control + shift + number 1-8 does not work on windows 11.How do you enable this using windows 11?I'm aware of the "solutions" for other windows, but for windows 11?is there a way?...
  3. Desktop icon text to the right windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop icon text to the right windows 11: control + shift + number 1-8 does not work on windows 11.How do you enable this using windows 11?I'm aware of the "solutions" for other windows, but for windows 11?is there a way?...
  4. Some Icons appear smaller than others.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some Icons appear smaller than others.: Hello,I've been having this issue of having icon image size staying normal and then suddenly one day it decides to shrink or minimize itself.I've searched about it online but nothing fixed it for me.. I know it's not lower quality icons but still it refuses to go full Screen...
  5. Some Icons appear smaller than others.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some Icons appear smaller than others.: Hello,I've been having this issue of having icon image size staying normal and then suddenly one day it decides to shrink or minimize itself.I've searched about it online but nothing fixed it for me.. I know it's not lower quality icons but still it refuses to go full Screen...
  6. Some Icons appear smaller than others.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Desktop Icons appear smaller than others.

Desktop Icons appear smaller than others.: I've been having an issue with some of the icons on my desktop. I don't know why this happens and haven't found anything about it online, but for some reason I can't get some icons to appear "full screen" and they instead look as if they are minimized. You can see below the...
  8. Some Icons On The Desktop Are Smaller Than Others

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Some Icons On The Desktop Are Smaller Than Others: My Fortnite And Ultimate Custom Night Icons are smaller than the Others https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-icons-on-the-desktop-are-smaller-than-others/5813698f-93dc-49a5-bc10-41b50d44a6cd
  9. Desktop Icon text color

Desktop Icon text color: How do you change the windows 10 desktop icons text color? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icon-text-color/afb02ab9-ff54-4ecc-86c0-f9b4ce215329
  10. Desktop icon text color

Desktop icon text color: The default color for my desktop icons is a white font, which is hard for me to see. I can't seem to find a way to change either the color, size, or bold of the text beneath the icon...