Windows 10: Desktop Icon / Toolbar Issue

Discus and support Desktop Icon / Toolbar Issue in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello Community,Firstly I would like to point out that I am a rookie when it comes to computers.When I double click on an specific Icon on the desktop,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Marvin1994, Jun 21, 2021.

1. Desktop Icon / Toolbar Issue

Hello Community,Firstly I would like to point out that I am a rookie when it comes to computers.When I double click on an specific Icon on the desktop, instead of expanding on the screen it will go to files in the toolbar where it remains. I am unable to maximise it. When I move the mouse over it, it is there, but I can't do anything with it.I have tried to unlock toolbar in settings.I have tried to unpin it.It is a new issue as in it used to not do this.I have seen this online but I have no clue what it entails or if it is a solution : Disabling the DocLock entry in HKCR/*/shelle

:)

Marvin1994, Jun 21, 2021

2. Desktop Toolbar - Registry Hacking?

Hello again,

I don't like having icons on my desktop most of the time, so I use the desktop toolbar on my taskbar to access my programs. It works great, but I am forced to have 8 icons or shortcuts that I don't want there. They include My Computer, Recycle Bin, my user folder, Network, Control Panel, Control Panel (There are two of them), Home Group, Libraries.

Is there a way to remove these? If I delete them from the toolbar they come right back.

Anyone know any registry hacks to remove them from the toolbar, for good?

MLG The Canadian, Jun 21, 2021
  3. Arctucas Win User
    Desktop Toolbar - Registry Hacking?

I use Quick Launch Toolbar rather than Desktop Toolbar. You may add or subtract icons as you please; for example, the Recycle Bin.

Arctucas, Jun 21, 2021
  4. Desktop Icon / Toolbar Issue

Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Jun 21, 2021
Thema:

Desktop Icon / Toolbar Issue

1. Desktop Icon / Toolbar Issue - Similar Threads - Desktop Icon Toolbar

2. Toolbar icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Toolbar icons: Hi Help My icons on my toolbar are cut in half. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toolbar-icons/6cc2d490-6ff0-4775-9dc2-c8fbbd4906a8
  3. Toolbar icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Toolbar icons: Hi Help My icons on my toolbar are cut in half. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toolbar-icons/6cc2d490-6ff0-4775-9dc2-c8fbbd4906a8
  4. How make a desktop icon and toolbar icon for the Desktop itself?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How make a desktop icon and toolbar icon for the Desktop itself?: Not how make a desktop icon I know how do that. How do I can an icon on my toolbar that I can click when gaming that leads directly to the desktop; that minimizes all the programs and browsers and shows only the desktop. But is on my TOOLBAR so I can get to it EASILY. ???...
  5. How make a desktop icon and toolbar icon for the Desktop itself?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How make a desktop icon and toolbar icon for the Desktop itself?: Not how make a desktop icon I know how do that. How do I can an icon on my toolbar that I can click when gaming that leads directly to the desktop; that minimizes all the programs and browsers and shows only the desktop. But is on my TOOLBAR so I can get to it EASILY. ???...
  6. Arrange icons in Desktop Toolbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Arrange icons in Desktop Toolbar: I have the Desktop toolbar added to my taskbar, but my question is how do I arrange the icons on the list that pops up? It is currently arranging them by date - newest icon at the bottom, but I want them alphabetical. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit v1909 Build 18363.815 [IMG]...
  7. Icons on toolbar

Icons on toolbar: Lost my email icon on toolbar. How do I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-on-toolbar/efd8df3c-a05c-412b-bb9e-6c9a66c1d7c0
  8. Icons in toolbars

Icons in toolbars: Hello. I created a new toolbar from a folder named Shortcuts, and I want to replace its name with an icon. Is it possible? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-in-toolbars/a3e6ac87-429e-484c-8a19-012b15250469
  9. Space between, "Desktop Icons" and "Windows toolbar"

in Windows 10 Support
    Space between, "Desktop Icons" and "Windows toolbar": hi there, unfortunately there is this 1 cm gap between my "Desktop Icons" and "Windows toolbar" and i have searched on google but didn't find anything, have anyone has ever crossed such issue before? there... i added an screenshot, thank u very much for your attention....
  10. Desktop custom toolbar issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Desktop custom toolbar issues: Most times when I launch my computer, I get this "blank/delay" effect the first time I select one of the desktop toolbar dropdown menus. It can take 10+ seconds to load the menu The red line represents approximately where the right border of the menu would be Attachment...