Windows 10: Desktop Icons and Short Cuts Disappeared over night. How do i get them back?

Discus and support Desktop Icons and Short Cuts Disappeared over night. How do i get them back? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am running windows 10 version 4 When starting up this morning and going to my desktop overnight my short cuts and prints to desk top have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SteveRendle, Mar 8, 2021.

1. Desktop Icons and Short Cuts Disappeared over night. How do i get them back?

I am running windows 10 version 4

When starting up this morning and going to my desktop overnight my short cuts and prints to desk top have disappeared. How do i get them back on the desktop. I cannot remember everything that was on there, but I do know my excel and word short cuts have disappeared along with some prints i have done to the desktop for easy reference.

Can anyone help me get this information back please.

:)

SteveRendle, Mar 8, 2021

2. Desktop Icon

Re create the Short Cut to them.

Click on the Start Globe.

When it opens you will see DOCUMENTS listed in its Right Hand Pane.

Right Click on it and select : send to > Desktop ( create short cut ).

You can do the same for the My Documents Folder.

I suspect that one of the clean up tools has removed the shortcuts to them.

Frank N St31n, Mar 8, 2021
  3. clokwork Win User
    Desktop short-cut icons and when I go on to Gmail, are far to large a picture can't reduce that size

Orginal Title: desktop error when loading

My desktop short-cut icons and when I go on to Gmail, are far to large a picture to be able to use. Settings are listed as 100%...I can't reduce that size

clokwork, Mar 8, 2021
  4. Desktop Icons and Short Cuts Disappeared over night. How do i get them back?

short cut icons

The short cut icons on my screen have somehow been duplicated into my task bar. How can I remove them?

lburton874, Mar 8, 2021
Thema:

Desktop Icons and Short Cuts Disappeared over night. How do i get them back?

1. Desktop Icons and Short Cuts Disappeared over night. How do i get them back? - Similar Threads - Desktop Icons Short

2. images for short cuts, icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    images for short cuts, icons: When making a short cut for my desktop how do I find more icons to insert as "change icon" It currently only shows "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe". Where are the MS icons or others. I am just looking for an icon for camping, at the moment....
  3. images for short cuts, icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    images for short cuts, icons: When making a short cut for my desktop how do I find more icons to insert as "change icon" It currently only shows "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe". Where are the MS icons or others. I am just looking for an icon for camping, at the moment....
  4. images for short cuts, icons

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. all my desktop icons have disappeared. how do i get them back i have windows 10 os?

all my desktop icons have disappeared. how do i get them back i have windows 10 os?: all my desktop icons have disappeared. help me get them back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-my-desktop-icons-have-disappeared-how-do-i-get/b52fd7db-5b63-4d9d-94d3-ab9736ad2a64
  6. blurey short cut icons

blurey short cut icons: when I convert a logo to a desktop short cut it becomes blurred even though the original jpeg was not. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blurey-short-cut-icons/2a1181b7-223b-4da8-98e3-1fc611f6b313
  7. Desktop short cuts

Desktop short cuts: Please advise as to how to create shortcuts to apps/folders on my windows10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-short-cuts/f9782f50-2d58-47d5-993e-e3787ecb542e
  8. getting short cut onto my desktop

getting short cut onto my desktop: hi. am 69 and very new to computers. was trying to get web pages on my desktop as a short cut. I tried right click as someone suggested but drop down box did not have create shortcut as a option. can anyone help please. remember, am very new to this. thanx in anticipation...
  9. Desk top icons have disappeared, how do I get them back?

Desk top icons have disappeared, how do I get them back?: Desk top icons have disappeared, how do I get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desk-top-icons-have-disappeared-how-do-i-get-them/e90d337e-33ca-4209-b434-a1af9d0c94ef
  10. how do i create short cuts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i create short cuts: how do I create short cuts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-create-short-cuts/78a1c33f-1fc0-44b6-9b7a-1ede33932aa4