Windows 10: Desktop Icons and Taskbar Icons Disappeared

Discus and support Desktop Icons and Taskbar Icons Disappeared in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I started up my computer today and I noticed that all of the icons for my apps where missing on my desktop, and on my taskbar it just showed a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FlamesFire101, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Desktop Icons and Taskbar Icons Disappeared

So I started up my computer today and I noticed that all of the icons for my apps where missing on my desktop, and on my taskbar it just showed a generic image, except for mail which is showing just fine. I can still access all of the apps, and when I load up discord the notification icon still shows up. Any help?

submitted by /u/FlamesFire101
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/FlamesFire101, Sep 1, 2020

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Sep 1, 2020
  3. Desktop Icons disappeared

Hi Kinsley,

• Are you referring to the desktop icons?
    • When did the icons disappear? Did you make any changes to the system Settings?

It's possible that your device is in Tablet mode. I suggest you to turn it off and check if the icons appear. To do so, select the
    Action center icon on the taskbar (the little message box next to the date and time), and then select
    Tablet mode to turn it on or off.

Also refer the following thread which discusses about a similar issue.

Windows 10 - Desktop icons disappeared - I may have hit something that is causing my problem

Hope this helps. Keep us updated with the status of the issue to continue assisting you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Sep 1, 2020
  4. Desktop Icons and Taskbar Icons Disappeared

Desktop icons missing?

For some reason, between last night, when I OC'd, and sometime today, my desktop icons disappeared. I've tried downclocking to stock clocks, and enabling/disabling desktop icons does nothing. *Frown Desktop Icons and Taskbar Icons Disappeared :(

I've tried restarting, it doesn't help either. *Frown Desktop Icons and Taskbar Icons Disappeared :(

Desktop Icons and Taskbar Icons Disappeared 0d3bde3c.jpg

Radical_Edward, Sep 1, 2020
Thema:

Desktop Icons and Taskbar Icons Disappeared

1. Desktop Icons and Taskbar Icons Disappeared - Similar Threads - Desktop Icons Taskbar

2. Icons on the taskbar disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons on the taskbar disappeared: I was working on My laptop until suddenly I got a blue screen, then when it ended during the reboot it said reparing the device, I am now in the desktop and My taskbar icons are missing, what do I do?...
  3. Taskbar icons disappeared!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar icons disappeared!!: Unsure what happened but my taskbar icons have disappeared, please help :' Tried looking through other questions but can't seem to find my answer.I'm not on tablet mode, checked taskbar settings and my system icons are all on, only have 1 screen, .. run out of solutions....
  4. Taskbar icons disappeared!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar icons disappeared!!: Unsure what happened but my taskbar icons have disappeared, please help :' Tried looking through other questions but can't seem to find my answer.I'm not on tablet mode, checked taskbar settings and my system icons are all on, only have 1 screen, .. run out of solutions....
  5. Taskbar icons disappeared!!

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Desktop icons, background. and taskbar disappear

Desktop icons, background. and taskbar disappear: A coworker is having an issue with their computer and I've been tasked to figure it out, but I don't understand what's happening here.At random times during the day her desktop background, desktop icons, and taskbar disappear and all she can see is a black screen and her...
  7. Taskbar Icons Disappearing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar Icons Disappearing: [IMG] Sometimes my taskbar icons disappear. They still work and if I hover the mouse over a blank spot the name of the app appears. I can click and use the apps just fine. I just don't know why they go away....
  8. Desktop & Taskbar Icons have disappeared

Desktop & Taskbar Icons have disappeared: All Desktop Icons & Taskbar Icons have disappeared. Why & how do I get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-taskbar-icons-have-disappeared/77766c8c-93a0-4e51-915c-75eb1d81c959
  9. Desktop Icons Disappeared and Taskbar Icons Changed

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons Disappeared and Taskbar Icons Changed: I have a laptop with a 4k 17.3" display. When set to native resolution, 3840x2160, some programs do not display their dialog boxes and menus in usable form. In an attempt to correct this I have tried setting the display resolution to 1920x1080. Then setting the magnification...
  10. Taskbar Icons Disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Icons Disappeared: Back in November of 2015 I upgraded from 8.1 to 10. I run a two monitor setup. The taskbar icons used to appear on both of my monitors, but now only appear on my secondary. I've tried the option to have taskbar icons appear on all monitors. Doesn't work. I should add...