Windows 10: Desktop icons appear on wrong screen with extended desktop

Discus and support Desktop icons appear on wrong screen with extended desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 home (Version 1803 - OS build 17134.523) installed on my Lenovo-PC Z710. I've set up an extended desktop between my laptop and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by kenkahn, Jan 27, 2019.

1. kenkahn Win User

Desktop icons appear on wrong screen with extended desktop

I have Windows 10 home (Version 1803 - OS build 17134.523) installed on my Lenovo-PC Z710. I've set up an extended desktop between my laptop and attached display, the laptop display being designated display 1 and the main display. The problem is after restarting Windows all the desktop icons show up on display 2, the attached display. I can easily drag the icons over to display 1 but shouldn't they show up initially on the main display (1)? Is there some option or display setting I don't have correct?

:)

kenkahn, Jan 27, 2019

2. Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 27, 2019
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Jan 27, 2019
  4. Desktop icons appear on wrong screen with extended desktop

Desktop Icons

Hello,

Some configuration on your desktop settings must have been changed. To address your concern, follow the steps below:

• Right-click anywhere on your desktop > Click View.
    • Make sure there's a check mark beside Show desktop icons.
    • Check if the desktop icons are now appearing.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Regile Reb, Jan 27, 2019
Thema:

Desktop icons appear on wrong screen with extended desktop

1. Desktop icons appear on wrong screen with extended desktop - Similar Threads - Desktop icons appear

2. Extended screen double desktop icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Extended screen double desktop icons: I have extended screens with icons on each screen some of the folder and shortcuts is doubles like Chrome and My PC. When I'm unplugged the second screen all his icons moves to the laptop screen. My question is if there is any way to save desktop for one screen and a...
  3. App Icons Appear on wrong screen.

App Icons Appear on wrong screen.: I have 2 screens. Icons for my most used icons have always been on Screen 1. Now they default to Screen 2. How can I get then back to default on Screen 1?...
  4. "Desktop" icon not appearing

"Desktop" icon not appearing: Hello, I helped a user take his Desktop and change the location to his one drive, which promplty migrated the files to his onedrive no problem. The issue is, we didnt set up a Desktop folder on the onedrive first so, all the files are just listed in the base directory. Now...
  5. Desktop icon keeps appearing on my desktop

Desktop icon keeps appearing on my desktop: I keep getting a icon, labelled "desktop" on my desktop. I have listed the content below. [.ShellClassInfo] LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21769 IconResource=%SystemRoot%\system32\imageres.dll,-183 I have recently reinstalled Windows 10....
  6. An unfamiliar desktop icon appearance ShellClassInfo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    An unfamiliar desktop icon appearance ShellClassInfo: An icon has appeared on my desktop with the following: [.ShellClassInfo] LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21769 IconResource=%SystemRoot%\system32\imageres.dll,-183. Can some explain why this has happened and how to safely removed the desktop icon....
  7. Can I extend my desktop and duplicate the extended desktop on 2 screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I extend my desktop and duplicate the extended desktop on 2 screen: Howdy, I have a Dell E6430 Laptop with an Intel HD4000 and an Nvidia NVS 5200M card in it. I can use this laptop in a docking station and run on 2 monitors + the laptop screen for a total of 3 displays. What I want to do is have the main desktop on the laptop screen and...
  8. Ghost icons appearing on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Ghost icons appearing on desktop: Very recently, I have gotten over 40 ghost like icons on the desktop, intermingled with the normal icons. I have moved the regular icons to one side of my monitor with the new ones on the left side. I call them ghosts because they are somewhat blurry and the notations are...
  9. Strange, inert icon appearing on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange, inert icon appearing on desktop: Starting yesterday I found a small icon on my desktop. It floated above all windows, was unmovable, and didn't respond to mouse clicks. When I rebooted, it was gone, but today I have the same problem -- with a different icon! Here's what today's looks like: [img] How...
  10. Desktop appears as a blank screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop appears as a blank screen: Running Windows 10 Home. Build 10240. When I start the system the screen is black. When I go into File Explorer and click on Desktop all of the items appear there. I can click on say e-mail and I can get into mail and read or answer them. could I use mct and get the latest...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. extended displays desktop icons on wrong screen

2. icons on wrong screen

3. icons appear on extended screen

4. desktop on wrong screen,
  5. extended desktop wrong time windows 10,
  6. screen extend icons small,
  7. on extended desktop icons appear on wrong screen,
  8. desktop icons showing on wrong monitor,
  9. windows 10 icons on wrong screen,
  10. desktop icons on wrong screen,
  11. desktop icons appear on right screen,