Windows 10: Desktop icons appear on wrong screen with extended desktop

Discus and support Desktop icons appear on wrong screen with extended desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 home (Version 1803 - OS build 17134.523) installed on my Lenovo-PC Z710. I've set up an extended desktop between my laptop and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by kenkahn, Jan 27, 2019.

1. kenkahn Win User

Desktop icons appear on wrong screen with extended desktop

I have Windows 10 home (Version 1803 - OS build 17134.523) installed on my Lenovo-PC Z710. I've set up an extended desktop between my laptop and attached display, the laptop display being designated display 1 and the main display. The problem is after restarting Windows all the desktop icons show up on display 2, the attached display. I can easily drag the icons over to display 1 but shouldn't they show up initially on the main display (1)? Is there some option or display setting I don't have correct?

:)

kenkahn, Jan 27, 2019

2. Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 27, 2019
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Jan 27, 2019
  4. Desktop icons appear on wrong screen with extended desktop

Desktop Icons

Hello,

Some configuration on your desktop settings must have been changed. To address your concern, follow the steps below:

• Right-click anywhere on your desktop > Click View.
    • Make sure there's a check mark beside Show desktop icons.
    • Check if the desktop icons are now appearing.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Regile Reb, Jan 27, 2019
Thema:

Desktop icons appear on wrong screen with extended desktop

1. Desktop icons appear on wrong screen with extended desktop - Similar Threads - Desktop icons appear

2. No icons appear on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No icons appear on desktop: Files don't appear on desktop but do in the desktop folder in the file explorer. The recycle bin icon turned into that gray rectangle at the top of the desktop that stretches the entire width of the screen. Icons don't appear in the desktop icon settings....
  3. No icons appear on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No icons appear on desktop: Files don't appear on desktop but do in the desktop folder in the file explorer. The recycle bin icon turned into that gray rectangle at the top of the desktop that stretches the entire width of the screen. Icons don't appear in the desktop icon settings....
  4. Desktop icon appearance

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icon appearance: When I moved my desktop icons across from my old to new computer both Acers and both using Windows 10 most of the icon tiles are now plain white and do not feature the distinctive site logo as was the case before.How can I restore?...
  5. Desktop icon appearance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop icon appearance: When I moved my desktop icons across from my old to new computer both Acers and both using Windows 10 most of the icon tiles are now plain white and do not feature the distinctive site logo as was the case before.How can I restore?...
  6. Desktop icon appearance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. desktop icon spacing is extended

desktop icon spacing is extended: My desktop icon has been stretched, how to restore it to the original settings. Thank you. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icon-spacing-is-extended/505c92f9-f6c2-48b0-905a-7af115cf4a32
  8. No icons appear on the desktop

No icons appear on the desktop: When I open Microsoft, the desktop is completely blank. None of the icons or shortcuts appear. When I try to add one, nothing shows up, but it is indicated that the shortcut already exists. How do I get my original desktop back?...
  9. Extended screen double desktop icons

Extended screen double desktop icons: I have extended screens with icons on each screen some of the folder and shortcuts is doubles like Chrome and My PC. When I'm unplugged the second screen all his icons moves to the laptop screen. My question is if there is any way to save desktop for one screen and a...
  10. "Desktop" icon not appearing

"Desktop" icon not appearing: Hello, I helped a user take his Desktop and change the location to his one drive, which promplty migrated the files to his onedrive no problem. The issue is, we didnt set up a Desktop folder on the onedrive first so, all the files are just listed in the base directory. Now...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. desktop icons on wrong screen

2. icons on wrong screen

3. extended displays desktop icons on wrong screen

4. icons appear on extended screen,
  5. ICONS on desktop are onthe wrong screen,
  6. incons on wrong screen,
  7. desktop icons wrong screen,
  8. desktop on wrong screen,
  9. extended desktop wrong time windows 10,
  10. screen extend icons small,
  11. on extended desktop icons appear on wrong screen,