Windows 10: Desktop icons are blank and Windows 10 keeps on opening documents

Discus and support Desktop icons are blank and Windows 10 keeps on opening documents in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Split from this thread. I have the same problem but the change icon button is not available so cannot do any of that. Has anyone any other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MarianneWebb, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Desktop icons are blank and Windows 10 keeps on opening documents

Split from this thread.​

I have the same problem but the change icon button is not available so cannot do any of that. Has anyone any other solutions? All of my icons went blank and also work keeps opening new documents without me wanting them- one after the other. All happened this morning - not sure if they are connected? Thanks Maz

:)

MarianneWebb, Jul 12, 2018

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Jul 12, 2018
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

95Viper, Jul 12, 2018
  4. O0mix0O Win User

Desktop icons are blank and Windows 10 keeps on opening documents

O0mix0O, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

Desktop icons are blank and Windows 10 keeps on opening documents

1. Desktop icons are blank and Windows 10 keeps on opening documents - Similar Threads - Desktop icons are

2. Desktop blank icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop blank icons: So suddenly my desktop icons went blank and I don’t know how to fix it, any help would be appreciated… https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-blank-icons/ad4378f9-61cf-40ac-898c-600196925ea8
  3. Desktop blank icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop blank icons: So suddenly my desktop icons went blank and I don’t know how to fix it, any help would be appreciated… https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-blank-icons/ad4378f9-61cf-40ac-898c-600196925ea8
  4. Desktop blank icons

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Blank icons on desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Blank icons on desktop: I downloaded a game on my computer and now some of my things look like this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blank-icons-on-desktop/f073dcc5-bd2d-45b7-ac4a-9578f7ce24b5
  6. Blank icons on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank icons on desktop: I downloaded a game on my computer and now some of my things look like this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blank-icons-on-desktop/f073dcc5-bd2d-45b7-ac4a-9578f7ce24b5
  7. Desktop icons blank

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop icons blank: I have a new laptop with Windows 10 and periodically the desktop icons blank out turning white. If I reboot, they come back but end up blanking out again. Help? Is this a One Drive problem, since it keeps telling me I'm out of storage?...
  8. Keep getting a second blank word document on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keep getting a second blank word document on desktop: Hi Every time I create a Windows document using Windows 10, and save it to the desktop, it creates a second document also on the desktop. This is a blank icon. When I tried to open the file it says: ‘file conversion, select the encoding that makes you document readable’....
  9. Desktop Icons are blank.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop Icons are blank.: So, i recently installed an M.2 NVMe and reinstalled windows etc.. it had some bumps but was fine, i deleted some stuff off of my SSD because i cloned my HDD and when i booted my PC up the next day.. *most* (not all) of my icons are just blank sheets of paper.. i have deleted...
  10. Desktop shortcut icons showing up as blank document icons?

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop shortcut icons showing up as blank document icons?: Hi! I just got a new laptop the other day, and for some reason all of my app shortcut icons have changed to a plain white document icon. See below: [img] Why did this happen and more importantly, how do I fix it? For convenience and aesthetic purposes. iTunes is the only...