Windows 10: Desktop icons are broken

Discus and support Desktop icons are broken in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [ATTACH] When I set up OneDrive a lot of my desktop icons became the default paper icon and I don't know how to fix it. I can't delete the files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Veniamin Ivashev, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Desktop icons are broken

Desktop icons are broken 01e3a0e1-cc90-4ad2-bce8-72d489dc3d56?upload=true.png

When I set up OneDrive a lot of my desktop icons became the default paper icon and I don't know how to fix it. I can't delete the files because if I delete them I will be deleting the whole app. I've tried restarting but it doesn't fix it

:)

Veniamin Ivashev, Apr 18, 2020

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Apr 18, 2020
  3. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Apr 18, 2020
  4. Desktop icons are broken

Desktop Icons

Hello Glenda,

Share this information to assist you better.

• Is the issue particular to the Comcast?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates?
    • Did you try changing icons of other shortcuts?
    Follow the steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Press Windows+I to open Settings panel, and click
    Personalization to access Personalization settings.

Step 2: Tap Change desktop icons on the top left in the Personalization window.

Step 3: In the Desktop Icon Settings window, select the icon of
    This PC and click Change Icon.

Step 4: Choose a new icon from the list, and tap OK.

Step 5: Click OK to confirm the change.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

Desktop icons are broken

1. Desktop icons are broken - Similar Threads - Desktop icons are

2. Broken Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Broken Desktop: I have the exact same symptoms as this post:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-desktop-icons-start-menu-wont-open-taskbar-wont/6f43da79-56ee-4920-aed3-fcf87e63edf9I've tried virtually everything I've found even remotely related to broken boot issues,...
  3. Desktop, Taskbar, and Explorer icons are broken. Not start menu icons though.

Desktop, Taskbar, and Explorer icons are broken. Not start menu icons though.: When I turned on my pc today all of my icons were broken as seen in the below images. I've tried restarting my computerseveral times, restarting Windows Explorer through task manager, going to C:\Users%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer and deleting the...
  4. Icons in search are broken

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Icons in search are broken: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Arcapse [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lyx158/icons_in_search_are_broken/
  5. Broken Application Icons

Broken Application Icons: [ATTACH]Anyone know how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/broken-application-icons/96985f9c-2cd6-4c5f-898d-074587ddead7
  6. MY ICONS ARE BROKEN!!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MY ICONS ARE BROKEN!!!: MY ICONS ARE BROKEN! I tried to fix them by replacing imageres, but that made it worse! I can't system restore either! HELP!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-icons-are-broken/c27c8194-7c2f-419e-b94e-c4ca0a43884d
  7. Desktop is broken

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop is broken: After the computer worked fine. I tried logging into one of the users and the desktop is flashing grey and black and the taskbar is not working and all the files are gone. The other user works fine its just this one....
  8. 1909 broken desktop icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    1909 broken desktop icons: 1909 broke the icons on my desktop. Sometimes not one single icon loads on start-up, most times only a few don't load. If I select them and F5 they do load (but also not always all of them). I never had any problem with this before and don't use any windows tweakers. How to...
  9. ICONS ARE BROKEN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ICONS ARE BROKEN: So i recently i bought a laptop and i have another computer and both have one drive, and one drive just messed everything up it removed icons from my laptop and removed them off my computer. And every time i try to put my icons back to where i wanted it but once i put the...
  10. Broken Icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Broken Icon: How can I rebuild the main icon set for Windows. The music folder icon is broken and not showing properly. I wonder if sfc would fix it? 34014