Windows 10: Desktop icons are generic icons.

Discus and support Desktop icons are generic icons. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Desktop icons are generic icons. This has recently occurred on PCs that were upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10. I've scoured the internet and tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FPVillalobos, Nov 1, 2019.

1. Desktop icons are generic icons.

Desktop icons are generic icons. This has recently occurred on PCs that were upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10. I've scoured the internet and tried everything I could find with no solution. Thanks

:)

FPVillalobos, Nov 1, 2019

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Nov 1, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Removing desktop icons

the icons are located in 'all users' folder somewhere (for example, i see a few shared icons in "C:\Users\Public\Desktop" )

The only way to fix those, is to remove the icons from there, and place them on to each users desktops manually. an admin may need to do this.

Mussels, Nov 1, 2019
  4. Error 404 Win User

Desktop icons are generic icons.

Removing desktop icons

I want to remove some Icons from my desktop, but Vista asks for Admin permission to continue (I'm not an admin *Frown Desktop icons are generic icons. :( ).
    It seems that whenever I delete one of these icons from my desktop, it is also removed from all the other user accounts. For example, I deleted the Skype icon from my desktop, and it was then removed from everyone elses as well.
    How can I delete icons from my desktop only, without affecting anyone elses?

Error 404, Nov 1, 2019
Thema:

Desktop icons are generic icons.

1. Desktop icons are generic icons. - Similar Threads - Desktop icons are

2. Azure Virtual Desktop Preview Icons on Taskbar are Generic

in Windows 10 Customization
    Azure Virtual Desktop Preview Icons on Taskbar are Generic: My organization recently moved our infrastructure to the cloud in Azure. We use Azure Virtual Desktop Preview to access VMs in the cloud to work. The experience is pretty seamless however when we open applications through Azure Virtual Desktop Preview some of the icons in the...
  3. Task View desktop icons display generic icon, not desktop background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task View desktop icons display generic icon, not desktop background: When I click Task View all my desktops don't have the background I set, instead the desktops display generic image icons instead of what the actual desktop background is. How to fix? Thank you!...
  4. Task View desktop icons display generic icon, not desktop background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task View desktop icons display generic icon, not desktop background: When I click Task View all my desktops don't have the background I set, instead the desktops display generic image icons instead of what the actual desktop background is. How to fix? Thank you!...
  5. News And Interests Icon Changed To A Generic Icon

in Windows 10 Support
    News And Interests Icon Changed To A Generic Icon: Noticed today that on all my Windows 10 machines the news and interests icon has changed to a generic icon. Doesn't show the sun or clouds anymore. Is it just me ? 183118
  6. Generic icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Generic icon: [img] Greetings, I have notepad files on the desktop, but the icons for these are generic (the last file in the picture). Someone else had this problem. They were told to delete a file: %localAppData%\IconCache.db I have deleted the file and rebooted but the icons are...
  7. Generic Icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Generic Icons: I needed to update an icon on my desktop. I had saved the new icon in my download folder. I went there to update the icon. Now I can't find the original generic icon folder. Does anyone have its file location? Thank you!...
  8. some icons show blank generic icon

in Windows 10 Support
    some icons show blank generic icon: i have a problem with my windows 10 desktop (1903 built 18362.952) where the icons will be blanked (see the attachement with the red squares) - how do i reset it? it also appears in file explorer. it does not effect my programs operation however. 149110
  9. Desktop icons are generic icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons are generic icons: Desktop icons are generic icons. This has recently occurred on PCs that were upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10. I've scoured the internet and tried everything I could find with no solution. Thanks...
  10. Generic image icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Generic image icon: Dunno what I did... but in the past two days I'm getting generic icon for both image extension jpg and png... was this corrupted? What can I do to get this back on my desktop or in my folders? BTW, I looked up the tutorials and find that I don't have IconCache in my...