Windows 10: desktop icons are overlapping D:

Discus and support desktop icons are overlapping D: in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; so i was messing around with the text size of my computer to see if anything worked the best for me. then i looked at my desktop where your computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by vik c:, Aug 7, 2020.

1. vik c: Win User

desktop icons are overlapping D:

so i was messing around with the text size of my computer to see if anything worked the best for me. then i looked at my desktop where your computer background will be then i saw that there were only to rows, and the first row had most of the programs i had downloaded overlapping. i tried to reset my computer but nothing happened. i put the text size back to normal but it didn't fix anything. so if anyone knows how to fix it please tell me. i'm getting a mini panic attack and its been like this for about 5-ish minutes.

:)

vik c:, Aug 7, 2020
  2. WiIfred P Win User

ICONs overlapping on desktop

Hi Ethan,

This is Wil, one of the independent advisor, an expert with Windows 10 and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. I understand your concern about Desktop icons overlapping.

The reason why your icons overlap each other is that the align icons to grid is disabled. To resolve this issue, you just need to right-click on an empty space on your desktop and hover to "View" and click on "Align icons to grid" and click on "Auto-arrange
    icons"

You may check this link for more information about aligning icons.
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/57521-turn-...

I hope the information I provided will help you. If you need further assistance please do reply back and I will respond as quickly as possible. Have a nice day.

Thanks,

Wilfred P.

Independent Advisor

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly
    research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

desktop icons are overlapping  D: cfe95671-ebf3-4e37-a006-06b852bca1f8?upload=true.png

WiIfred P, Aug 7, 2020
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Aug 7, 2020
  4. desktop icons are overlapping D:

Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Aug 7, 2020
Thema:

desktop icons are overlapping D:

1. desktop icons are overlapping D: - Similar Threads - desktop icons are

2. windows 11: Icons on desktop overlapping. Only 8 to 10 icons are there on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11: Icons on desktop overlapping. Only 8 to 10 icons are there on desktop: windows 11: Icons on desktop overlapping. Only 8 to 10 icons are there on desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-icons-on-desktop-overlapping-only-8-to/30a65ef0-7d38-4517-863c-3f85bd4d52f0
  3. windows 11: Icons on desktop overlapping. Only 8 to 10 icons are there on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11: Icons on desktop overlapping. Only 8 to 10 icons are there on desktop: windows 11: Icons on desktop overlapping. Only 8 to 10 icons are there on desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-icons-on-desktop-overlapping-only-8-to/30a65ef0-7d38-4517-863c-3f85bd4d52f0
  4. Taskbar icons overlapping

Taskbar icons overlapping: Hi so this bug normally happens when I close or open a new window. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icons-overlapping/635565eb-b0c1-4a56-9bb5-384d0588c921
  5. Overlapping Icons on Windows 11 Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Overlapping Icons on Windows 11 Desktop: Hi folks,The icons on my desktop are overlapping. I have the "Auto-Arrange" and "Align to Grid" options enabled. I tried changing the size of the icons - Small, Medium, Large. Also changed the scale of the display back to 150%. I am currently using 175%. None of them made a...
  6. Overlapping Icons on Windows 11 Desktop

Overlapping Icons on Windows 11 Desktop: Hi folks,The icons on my desktop are overlapping. I have the "Auto-Arrange" and "Align to Grid" options enabled. I tried changing the size of the icons - Small, Medium, Large. Also changed the scale of the display back to 150%. I am currently using 175%. None of them made a...
  7. Icons on desktop overlap + other display anomalies

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons on desktop overlap + other display anomalies: Hi.I recently bought a new laptop, and since it's so new I can reset it if that's the easiest fix to my issue:I bought a Lenovo Legion laptop, and I have it connected to a LG 75" TV, so I hardly ever use the laptop's screen. When connected to the TV, the screen resolution...
  8. desktop icons are overlapping FIXED

desktop icons are overlapping FIXED: so i was messing around with the text size of my computer to see if anything worked the best for me. then i looked at my desktop where your computer background will be then i saw that there were only to rows, and the first row had most of the programs i had downloaded...
  9. Desktop Icons overlap?

Desktop Icons overlap?: Hey, normally there is a minimum distance between the icons on the desktop. However, this is no longer present with me. (see picture) [ATTACH] Of course I find it very annoying when the distances between the icons are different and they can even overlap. I...
  10. ICONs overlapping on desktop

ICONs overlapping on desktop: I have all of my ICONs are pasted over the top of each other. when you go to click on a ICON it takes up half of the screen horizontally. Vertically it is still the normal size. How do I fix this???[IMG] Have attached a screen shot....