Windows 10: Desktop Icons Aren't Showing, But Names Are

Discus and support Desktop Icons Aren't Showing, But Names Are in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So I booted up my pc today, and I noticed that none of my desktop icons were showing, and the icons on my taskbar just show a generic icon, except for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FlamesFire101, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Desktop Icons Aren't Showing, But Names Are

So I booted up my pc today, and I noticed that none of my desktop icons were showing, and the icons on my taskbar just show a generic icon, except for mail. I've tried troubleshoot, updating, and even rebuilding the icon cache, but noting seems to work. I can still use my computer just fine and open all of the applications, I just can't see the picture. Any help?

:)

FlamesFire101, Sep 1, 2020
  2. diego Win User

Icons from apps aren´t displayed correctly

Desktop Icons Aren't Showing, But Names Are [​IMG]

The native apps from the system are all showing this strange square instead of the normal icons. Please help resolve this problem. Thanks

diego, Sep 1, 2020
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Sep 1, 2020
  4. Desktop Icons Aren't Showing, But Names Are

Icons from apps aren´t displayed correctly

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query at Microsoft community.

Do the apps work fine apart form the icons not displaying correctly? If so I would suggest you to run an SFC scan and check if it helps. If the issue persists you may run DISM command and check.

Follow this steps:

• Press Windows+X.

• Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the command SFC /SCANNOW and
        DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and hit
        Enter.
    Hope the information provided was helpful and do let us know if you need any assistance in the future. We will be glad to help.

Rohit Chettri, Sep 1, 2020
Thema:

Desktop Icons Aren't Showing, But Names Are

1. Desktop Icons Aren't Showing, But Names Are - Similar Threads - Desktop Icons Aren't

2. program icons aren't free on the desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    program icons aren't free on the desktop: All program icons are placed in a bar on top of desktop; how to change it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-icons-arent-free-on-the-desktop/c0a1cc50-a337-429a-b9c4-193485a35dda
  3. program icons aren't free on the desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    program icons aren't free on the desktop: All program icons are placed in a bar on top of desktop; how to change it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-icons-arent-free-on-the-desktop/c0a1cc50-a337-429a-b9c4-193485a35dda
  4. App icons aren't showing in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    App icons aren't showing in Start Menu: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,App icons are not showing in Start Menu. I'd reset Start Menu in Registry Editor bit still not fixed. But icons are showing in Start Menu folder....
  5. Desktop Icon's Abbreviating Names

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop Icon's Abbreviating Names: how do I make it so windows will display the full text for my icons? it abbreviates them to two rows, but I would rather it use 3 rows so I can read the whole filename without clicking it. I have tried increasing IconVerticleSpacing to -1600 and CaptionHeight to -600 under...
  6. Icons aren't showing up

Icons aren't showing up: Im on Windows 10 home edition and my icons for all my games and applications on my desktop are showing up as the internet explore logo with a white page in the bacground how do i get the games and application logos/images back for them...
  7. Desktop Icons not showing

Desktop Icons not showing: Hello I have an issue with desktop icons not appearing in the Desktop FOLDER The icons appear if I look at the Desktop directly. If you look at screenshot, TeamViewer shortcut, The Outer Worlds shortcut and Steam shortcut do not appear in the Desktop folder. [ATTACH]...
  8. Desktop icons not showing names

Desktop icons not showing names: My desktop icons are not showing name labels instead they display size, also in opening any folder, I have to always choose the name in the choose details box.[IMG][IMG][IMG]...
  9. Show Desktop icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Show Desktop icon: I upgraded from Windows 7 Pro and find that the 'Show Desktop' rectangular space at the far right side of the notification area is missing although posted desktop images Windows 10 have the same rectangular space. However, if I hover the cursor over the screen border in that...
  10. Windows says icons are on the Desktop that aren't there!

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows says icons are on the Desktop that aren't there!: So, I installed a game, deleted it, removed all remnants of it (including on the Desktop), and yet, after reinstalling it—when making a shortcut of it and putting it on the Desktop—Windows says that the shortcut for it is already there, which, it isn't. I mean, what's up with...