Windows 10: Desktop icons arrow > 2 people > nothing ... Why?

Discus and support Desktop icons arrow > 2 people > nothing ... Why? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Running Windows 10 Home, Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.746). I used to see the shortcut arrow on the lower left of my desktop icons. Today I noticed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mck, Jan 15, 2021.

1. MCK
    mck Win User

Desktop icons arrow > 2 people > nothing ... Why?

Running Windows 10 Home, Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.746).

I used to see the shortcut arrow on the lower left of my desktop icons. Today I noticed that the arrow changed to "2 people". Googling, it said that 2 people meant that the folder was shared.

I checked every step of the path from C: > Users > My user name > Desktop. None were shared. Then when I returned to the desktop, the 2 people at the lower left were gone. Now there is no overlay at all on my desktop icons.

Anyone have any ideas what's going on?

:)

2. DaveM121 Win User

Desktop Arrow Symbols

The arrow symbol in your screen capture is the standard arrow for a shortcut, it does not mean compression !!

For a step by step registry hack to remove these standard shortcut arrows -
    Click HERE

DaveM121, Jan 15, 2021
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Jan 15, 2021
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Little people (shared icon?) in the corner of desktop icons

Hi Emily,

The green check mark means those files are synced onto OneDrive

The 2 people icon means you have shared your desktop

The icons with the arrow are just shortcuts, they do not need to be synced or backed up

All this is perfectly normal in Windows 10 . . .

DaveM121, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

1. Desktop icons arrow > 2 people > nothing ... Why? - Similar Threads - Desktop icons arrow

2. Desktop Icon now display arrows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop Icon now display arrows: After a recent update of windows 10 the desktop icons started to appear like in the screenshot below. Is this a default way of presenting the Icons on the desktop? and if so how do I change it back to the more traditional way to get rid of the ">>>"...
  3. Remove shortcut arrow icon ONLY ON DESKTOP?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remove shortcut arrow icon ONLY ON DESKTOP?: Is there a way to remove the shortcut arrow icon from shortcuts, but only on the desktop? So I could still see them in explorer which is useful, but it would make the desktop look a lot cleaner. submitted by /u/KingofHeck [link] [comments]...
  4. Small arrows my desktop icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Small arrows my desktop icons: I recently noticed small arrows on many of the icons on my desktop. Why were they put there and are they a backdoor into my system? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/small-arrows-my-desktop-icons/162c88a7-afd4-4f33-ae9d-8f871270d73b
  5. Weird arrow icon on desktop icons

Weird arrow icon on desktop icons: Since last week I have this strange blue arrow symbol on a lot of my desktop icons. How do I get it off?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-arrow-icon-on-desktop-icons/94391928-601a-4868-a6a4-9b0cd5e48e49
  6. What are these 2 small blue arrow overlays which appear on desktop icons?

in Windows 10 News
    What are these 2 small blue arrow overlays which appear on desktop icons?: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you have noticed an icon with 2 small blue overlays, then know that it has been placed there by the Windows OS to indicate that the file or folder has been compressed to save disk space. If you are [...] This post What are these 2 small blue arrow...
  7. SHARING-2 PEOPLE ICON

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    SHARING-2 PEOPLE ICON: Hello, I do not share my folders; however 2 people icons show up on my desktop folders. What is causing this. I noticed this around Nov. 24, 2018. Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sharing-2-people-icon/95e7baeb-b04e-49f8-93c8-ed201573d653"
  8. DESKTOP ICONS HAVE 2 TINY PEOPLE IMAGE IN LOWER LEFT!

DESKTOP ICONS HAVE 2 TINY PEOPLE IMAGE IN LOWER LEFT!: all my shortcut icons on the desktop on my LENOVO yoga 730 laptop - have 2 tiny people in the lower left corner of the icon- why is this shown that way and how to remove it and just show the icon without the 2 tiny people! thanks...
  9. 2 people icon by some Onedrive folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 people icon by some Onedrive folders: Running Windows 10 1709, and a few of my Onedrive folders have the 2 people icon next to the name in File Explorer. As far as I know, none of these folders is shared, so what do they indicate? [img] 100200
  10. Desktop shortcut icon arrow disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop shortcut icon arrow disappeared: [img] <-Before [img] <-After I upgraded to Windows 10 recently, and I've noticed something strange happening. When I boot up my computer, the desktop looks fine, but after a while, the little arrow overlays at the bottom left corner of the shortcut icons disappear....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what do.the little.people.mean.on icons.desktop