Windows 10: desktop icons change to picture thumbnail .

Discus and support desktop icons change to picture thumbnail . in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have tried everything i know how to, but unable to change desktop icon to picture thumbnail. Need help. Is there a software to download to help?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Loyd live.com, Mar 25, 2021.

1. desktop icons change to picture thumbnail .

I have tried everything i know how to, but unable to change desktop icon to picture thumbnail. Need help. Is there a software to download to help?

:)

Loyd live.com, Mar 25, 2021
  2. MCK
    mck Win User

Cannot change desktop icon

Sometimes a desktop icon changes from what it was to a plain white folder. Might be something I did but not sure what.

To change it to the icon I want, I go:
    1. Rt-click icon > Properties > Change icon
    2. I select the icon I want from the thumbnails of icons.
    3. Click OK
    4. Click Apply
    But the icon does not change. It just stays looking like a white folder.
    HOWEVER, if I pin the icon to the taskbar, the icon on the taskbar does look like the icon I selected in step-2. So the change is registered with Win10 but the icon on the desktop just doesn't change.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

3. Windows 10 Picture Files not updating thumbnails

Hi,

I realize that the picture files are not updating thumbnails. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to perform “Disk Cleanup”, cleaning up the temporary internet files, thumbnail, cookies and temp files, so as to check the thumbnail view of the photo is updated by cleaning up your temporary data.

Further, if the issue persists then you can also follow these steps:

• Right click in the Folder that contains the images.

• Select View.

• Note the current icon size, and change it to another size (ie: "Medium-Icons" to "Large-Icons", then back to "Medium-Icons").

• This causes the icons to be resized and their cache updated.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Mar 25, 2021
  4. desktop icons change to picture thumbnail .

Picture ICONS instead of thumbnail pics

Suddenly all of my picture thumbnails are ICONS, instead of thumbnail pics. I have gone through the steps of Unchecking a box that says "always show ICONS instead of thumbnails" and that did NOT help.

I don't like Microsoft Edge or the Cloud, I think those are the culprits that keep doing this to my thumbnails.

tonigisone, Mar 25, 2021
Thema:

desktop icons change to picture thumbnail .

1. desktop icons change to picture thumbnail . - Similar Threads - desktop icons change

2. pictures will only show as icons and not thumbnails, is there a fix for this ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pictures will only show as icons and not thumbnails, is there a fix for this ?: Since I installed windows 11 my pictures will not show as thumbnails only as icons. How do I change this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pictures-will-only-show-as-icons-and-not/ef0a406c-e934-456d-9b55-49d7b3473136
  3. pictures will only show as icons and not thumbnails, is there a fix for this ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pictures will only show as icons and not thumbnails, is there a fix for this ?: Since I installed windows 11 my pictures will not show as thumbnails only as icons. How do I change this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pictures-will-only-show-as-icons-and-not/ef0a406c-e934-456d-9b55-49d7b3473136
  4. Picture thumbnails and taskbar icons keep disappearing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Picture thumbnails and taskbar icons keep disappearing: [IMG] I've tried almost every basic fix and more specific fix I can to try and handle this, and it still keeps happening. It's been fine for a while, but I just realized it happened again. Can absolutely anyone tell me why in the world this is happening or how to fix it?...
  5. Picture ICONS instead of thumbnail pics

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Picture ICONS instead of thumbnail pics: Suddenly all of my picture thumbnails are ICONS, instead of thumbnail pics. I have gone through the steps of Unchecking a box that says "always show ICONS instead of thumbnails" and that did NOT help. I don't like Microsoft Edge or the Cloud, I think those are the culprits...
  6. Picture icon no thumbnails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Picture icon no thumbnails: I am having issues trying to show my thumbnails instead of icons , I have tried every single troubleshoot I could find with no luck , I have a few showing but not alot of them are , can someone please help , Its getting real ridiculous and upsetting...
  7. How do I picture to be thumbnail and not icons?

How do I picture to be thumbnail and not icons?: How do I get pictures to show as thumbnails rather than icons? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-picture-to-be-thumbnail-and-not-icons/6b649472-7839-4370-bfb0-d0b47a998e81"
  8. Picture thumbnails

Picture thumbnails: As I go through my Picture folders, all I get are little icons for the Tiffs, rather than thumbnails of the pictures. I am using Windows 10. How do I get my thumbnails back?...
  9. Desktop Pictures Changing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Pictures Changing: Hello. I wanted to put more pictures on desktop and make them change in a couple of time but, sadly, i can't find out how do i do that. Please, help me with some informations. Thanks for reading this and have a good day, but if you know how to do it, i would appreciate...
  10. Unexpected thumbnail picture on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Unexpected thumbnail picture on desktop: A new picture has suddenly appeared on my desktop screen . This picture is of a blue pyramid shaped tower (a bit like a stylised Eiffel Towe) with two golden rings around its top (signyfying radio waves?). This image is over 1 inch square and is right on top of two of my...