Windows 10: Desktop icons changed to Internet Explorer

Discus and support Desktop icons changed to Internet Explorer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Recently all my desktop icons for web links have changed to Internet Explorer. Firefox is my default browser. How can I change them back? I'm using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by John Edwards 1, Jun 20, 2020.

1. Desktop icons changed to Internet Explorer

Recently all my desktop icons for web links have changed to Internet Explorer. Firefox is my default browser. How can I change them back? I'm using Windows 10 operating system.

:)

John Edwards 1, Jun 20, 2020
  2. Brink Win User
    Brink, Jun 20, 2020
  3. Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Jun 20, 2020
  4. Desktop icons changed to Internet Explorer

Internet Explorer icon changed

Original Title: internet explorer

my internet explorer is working very well but i notice that the icon as change to a plain icon not the usual internet explorer icon. i decided to uninstall internet explorer 11 and reinstall it back but the icon did not change to internet explorer icon.
    please can someone give me a suggestion on how to solve this little problem. though i can used the internet explorer like that, but it does not bring out the icon. and just like it perfect. thanks

DONALD IKPE, Jun 20, 2020
Thema:

Desktop icons changed to Internet Explorer

1. Desktop icons changed to Internet Explorer - Similar Threads - Desktop icons changed

2. change icon on desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    change icon on desktop: I wanted to change the icon to something that I chose and is in JPG format.So, I right-click on the present icon on the desktop, properties, customize, and change icon that is the folder that I would like to place it in, if possible. Ultimately everything this is inside that...
  3. change icon on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    change icon on desktop: I wanted to change the icon to something that I chose and is in JPG format.So, I right-click on the present icon on the desktop, properties, customize, and change icon that is the folder that I would like to place it in, if possible. Ultimately everything this is inside that...
  4. change icon on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Internet Explorer Icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Internet Explorer Icon: I use Microsoft Edge, but for some reason the internet explorer icon has popped up on my task bar. I have tried deleting it, but it won't go away! How do I get rid of internet explorer?...
  6. Desktop icons changed...

Desktop icons changed...: Suddenly, most of my desktop file/folder icons have acquired two opposing blue arrows in the top-right corner of the icon. What does this mean? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-changed/dedee99f-72a0-47a7-bb61-d514efd0e8c4
  7. Changing Icons On Desktop

Changing Icons On Desktop: Hello, all. Is there a way to change to icons on the desktop from stock image to something custom, like a picture? If not a picture, then just a different icon? I am mainly thinking of the folders with their generic folder icons. Thanks for the feedback. bug 94787
  8. Internet Explorer 11 Desktop Icon

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer 11 Desktop Icon: It is possoible to create a proper IE11 desktop Icon like the one in Windows 7?: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...ndows-7-a.html Thank you 18051
  9. Explorer not showing Desktop icons?

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer not showing Desktop icons?: Hey all, I noticed that when opening Desktop in Windows Explorer, it doesn't show any of the icons of This PC, My Documents, Network and Recycle Bin. I have enabled these icons to be shown on the Desktop through the "Desktop Icons Settings" option. However, Explorer...
  10. Add or Remove Internet Explorer Desktop Icon in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Internet Explorer Desktop Icon in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Internet Explorer Desktop Icon in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Internet Explorer Desktop Icon in Windows 10 [img] Information Windows includes the common This PC (aka: Computer), User's Files, Network, Recycle Bin, and Control Panel shortcuts...