Windows 10: Desktop icons changed...

Discus and support Desktop icons changed... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Suddenly, most of my desktop file/folder icons have acquired two opposing blue arrows in the top-right corner of the icon. What does this mean?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by UKdeejay, Mar 9, 2019.

1. UKdeejay Win User

Desktop icons changed...

Suddenly, most of my desktop file/folder icons have acquired two opposing blue arrows in the top-right corner of the icon. What does this mean?

Desktop icons changed... a69b980b-e276-4f07-a4ee-3715fd654b92?upload=true.jpg

:)

UKdeejay, Mar 9, 2019
  2. MCK
    mck Win User

Cannot change desktop icon

Sometimes a desktop icon changes from what it was to a plain white folder. Might be something I did but not sure what.

To change it to the icon I want, I go:
    1. Rt-click icon > Properties > Change icon
    2. I select the icon I want from the thumbnails of icons.
    3. Click OK
    4. Click Apply
    But the icon does not change. It just stays looking like a white folder.
    HOWEVER, if I pin the icon to the taskbar, the icon on the taskbar does look like the icon I selected in step-2. So the change is registered with Win10 but the icon on the desktop just doesn't change.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Mar 9, 2019
  4. Desktop icons changed...

Desktop Icons

Hello Glenda,

Share this information to assist you better.

• Is the issue particular to the Comcast?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates?
    • Did you try changing icons of other shortcuts?
    Follow the steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Press Windows+I to open Settings panel, and click
    Personalization to access Personalization settings.

Step 2: Tap Change desktop icons on the top left in the Personalization window.

Step 3: In the Desktop Icon Settings window, select the icon of
    This PC and click Change Icon.

Step 4: Choose a new icon from the list, and tap OK.

Step 5: Click OK to confirm the change.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Mar 9, 2019
Thema:

Desktop icons changed...

1. Desktop icons changed... - Similar Threads - Desktop icons changed

2. change icon on desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    change icon on desktop: I wanted to change the icon to something that I chose and is in JPG format.So, I right-click on the present icon on the desktop, properties, customize, and change icon that is the folder that I would like to place it in, if possible. Ultimately everything this is inside that...
  3. change icon on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    change icon on desktop: I wanted to change the icon to something that I chose and is in JPG format.So, I right-click on the present icon on the desktop, properties, customize, and change icon that is the folder that I would like to place it in, if possible. Ultimately everything this is inside that...
  4. change icon on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Change font on desktop icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change font on desktop icons: For some reason the icon labels on my desktop now look more like Windows 7. It looks like double vision and hard to read. Any time I search for a remedy for this question the results are "if you want to change your display to look more like Windows 7" and you have Windows 10....
  6. Desktop icons changed size?

Desktop icons changed size?: I had my desktop really nice and organised, all the icons were the default size and such. however i took my pc with me on holiday and plugged it into an external TV which in turn changed all my icons around and it changed their size . i thought it would be fine as when i...
  7. how to change the desktop icon

how to change the desktop icon: There is no place to chose customization like the rest of the folders for the desktop icon ... (as seen in pic) 131788
  8. Changing the size of desktop icons

Changing the size of desktop icons: Hello, When I place a shortcut to a file on the desktop it assigns the default icon (e.g. Word or Excel icon) and this is approx 80 x 80 pixels. If I then change that icon to one that I've created it displays at approx 40 x 40 pixels (choosing an icon from the icons folder...
  9. Changing Icons On Desktop

Changing Icons On Desktop: Hello, all. Is there a way to change to icons on the desktop from stock image to something custom, like a picture? If not a picture, then just a different icon? I am mainly thinking of the folders with their generic folder icons. Thanks for the feedback. bug 94787
  10. Change Desktop Icon Fonts?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change Desktop Icon Fonts?: Hello. It took a while but I finally was able to install Windows 10. My question now is, is there is a way to change the desktop icon fonts (name, size, bold, italic)? I right clicked on the desktop but couldn't find anything about fonts. 13682

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why are all my desktop icona changed to itunes 2019