Windows 10: Desktop Icons Disappearing

Discus and support Desktop Icons Disappearing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; For no explainable reason, the Icons on my Desktop Recycle Bin etc have disappeared. I have tried going through Personalization and Themes and ticking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AranUhlemann, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Desktop Icons Disappearing

For no explainable reason, the Icons on my Desktop Recycle Bin etc have disappeared. I have tried going through Personalization and Themes and ticking the icons I want on my Desktop but it's not working. Any advice? Thanks in advance

:)

AranUhlemann, Oct 18, 2020

2. Desktop Icons disappeared

Hi Kinsley,

• Are you referring to the desktop icons?
    • When did the icons disappear? Did you make any changes to the system Settings?

It's possible that your device is in Tablet mode. I suggest you to turn it off and check if the icons appear. To do so, select the
    Action center icon on the taskbar (the little message box next to the date and time), and then select
    Tablet mode to turn it on or off.

Also refer the following thread which discusses about a similar issue.

Windows 10 - Desktop icons disappeared - I may have hit something that is causing my problem

Hope this helps. Keep us updated with the status of the issue to continue assisting you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Oct 18, 2020
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Oct 18, 2020
  4. O0mix0O Win User

Desktop Icons Disappearing

O0mix0O, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

Desktop Icons Disappearing

1. Desktop Icons Disappearing - Similar Threads - Desktop Icons Disappearing

2. Desktop icon disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop icon disappeared: The Desktop Canon printer icon disappearedHow to https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icon-disappeared/4b3da210-d807-4d51-83e9-275e001532a1
  3. Desktop icon disappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icon disappeared: The Desktop Canon printer icon disappearedHow to https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icon-disappeared/4b3da210-d807-4d51-83e9-275e001532a1
  4. Desktop Icon disappeared

Desktop Icon disappeared: Hi everyone,Im currently experiencing icon went missing on desktop as the same time not able to perform left/right click on it even with touch pad or external mouse. Only the Desktop part not fucntioning wherenby the rest are still working as normal. Any expert here would be...
  5. Desktop Icons Disappearing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop Icons Disappearing: What the title says. My desktop icons keeps disappearing randomly. I don't mean all of them, like this time the google chrome icon was gone but everything else was there. All help would be appreciated. Thanks! submitted by /u/Aredditorandahalf [link] [comments]...
  6. Desktop Icons Disappear

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons Disappear: When I click on a blank area of my desktop, all of my icons disappear. If I click on the task bar, they return but if I try to launch a program, they all disappear and the program doesn't launch. 141653
  7. icons on desktop disappeared

icons on desktop disappeared: I have MS 10 and have an HP. My internet Explorer and other icons have disappeared. In place are a lot of blocks with different offerings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-on-desktop-disappeared/384198c5-9f8b-43c1-852f-3695f2b7f68c
  8. Desktop Icons Disappeared

Desktop Icons Disappeared: I have read the many posts with similar issues, but none of the recommendations are working for me. I've checked the show icons option, auto arrange, all of that. I have a Dell laptop with Windows 10. Yesterday I bought a new Dell monitor and attached it with a VGA cable....
  9. desktop icon disappear

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop icon disappear: windows 10 starts with a black screen (with few locked applications to task bar & tray) no right click so I can't ask to show desktop icons). It seems that the black screen is covering the desktop because playing with the settings (personalization etc) show all icons for a...
  10. Desktop Icon disappears

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icon disappears: Hello, I'm trying to research this issue for a small software company I work for. one of the most common issues I seem to see lately is that our customers are telling us that their shortcut to our program is disappearing from their desktop of their workstation computers....