Desktop Icons doing strange things when I arrange them

Discus and support Desktop Icons doing strange things when I arrange them in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Hey folks! I have this weird issue on my desktop when I try to arrange them, look this nonsense [img] [img] [img] Why this is happening? Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by alesyt0h, May 28, 2018.

1. alesyt0h Win User

Hey folks!

I have this weird issue on my desktop when I try to arrange them, look this nonsense

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Why this is happening?

Thanks in advance!

:)

alesyt0h, May 28, 2018
  2. Anannya Podder Win User

auto arrange icon desktop , why ?

Hi,

I would suggest you to try the steps and check if it helps.

a) Right click on Desktop.

b) Click on View.

c) Uncheck both "Arrange icons to grid" and "Auto arrange icons".

d) Restart the computer and check if it helps.

Anannya Podder, May 29, 2018
  3. Divya Murugan Win User
    Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, May 29, 2018
Thema:

Desktop Icons doing strange things when I arrange them - Similar Threads - Desktop Icons doing

1. How do I change the icon symbol/picture on desktop to my own jpg?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change the icon symbol/picture on desktop to my own jpg?: I know that if you go under properties there are a lot of icons to choose from. I want a picture that I downloaded since I accidently deleted the .ico file in my download folder. It's a shortcut to a program. Of course I emptied the recycle bin! 57777
  2. W10 Desktop randomly repositions Icons - How do I make it stop?

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 Desktop randomly repositions Icons - How do I make it stop?: Hi. I have my desktop icons sorted into sections, each section for a different need; hobbies, works, or by person. Randomly after a reboot or return from sleep all the icons have been shunted to the left side and in no particular order that makes any sense. I then spend too...
  3. How Do I Add Bluetooth Icon to Desktop or Menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How Do I Add Bluetooth Icon to Desktop or Menu?: How can I add a bluetooth icon to the menu or the desktop in win 10? 84017
  4. System icons on desktop do not work

in Windows 10 Support
    System icons on desktop do not work: (Please note recent post DVD drive behaving oddly - Windows 10 Forums) I usually have Recycle Bin icon on the desktop. Yesterday it stopped working. Clicking on it did nothing. But its context menu came up ok. I created a new Icon by finding the address and it works. As a...
  5. How do you change the Desktop Icon size and type

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you change the Desktop Icon size and type: I swear the more I use Windows 10, the more I hate it. It is beyond a doubt the least friendly of all their OS's where do you go to change the desktop icon text size and font? or is it another Regedit thing? NVM​ found it 26165
  6. Desktop icons do not work

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons do not work: When I click on my desktop icons I get a small square window (by the icon) that I can click and put a check mark in. It does not open the program. In order for me to open program/icon I have to right click the icon and select open from the drop down menu. I can click icons in...
  7. Desktop icons with tiny pictures - How do I get larger pictures?

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons with tiny pictures - How do I get larger pictures?: When I create desktop icons for Apps, some have TINY pictures. Example: [img] Same procedure to create the desktop icons, but different results. Another example: [img] Procedure: click-drag-drop program icon from All Apps to desktop. Note: screen resolution is...