Desktop Icons doing strange things when I arrange them

Discus and support Desktop Icons doing strange things when I arrange them in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey folks! I have this weird issue on my desktop when I try to arrange them, look this nonsense [img] [img] [img] Why this is happening? Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by alesyt0h, May 28, 2018.

1. alesyt0h Win User

Hey folks!

I have this weird issue on my desktop when I try to arrange them, look this nonsense

Desktop Icons doing strange things when I arrange them [​IMG]

Why this is happening?

Thanks in advance!

:)

alesyt0h, May 28, 2018
  2. Anannya Podder Win User

auto arrange icon desktop , why ?

Hi,

I would suggest you to try the steps and check if it helps.

a) Right click on Desktop.

b) Click on View.

c) Uncheck both "Arrange icons to grid" and "Auto arrange icons".

d) Restart the computer and check if it helps.

Anannya Podder, May 29, 2018
  3. Divya Murugan Win User
    Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, May 29, 2018
Thema:

1. Desktop Icons doing strange things when I arrange them - Similar Threads - Desktop Icons doing

2. Uninstalling programs that won't uninstall, I need them gone. lol.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Uninstalling programs that won't uninstall, I need them gone. lol.: I need help uninstalling programs that can not be uninstalled because they are "not found" yet they take up space. How do I find these programs or get my computer to recognize what it has. Thanks....
  3. How do I rename mixed JPG and MOV files into one numerical sequence

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I rename mixed JPG and MOV files into one numerical sequence: I have several folders of mixed photos and videos. Currently they’re manually sorted as I want them, in the order of their creation regardless of filetype (IMG or MOV). If I sort them temporarily on another column (e.g. Comments or Tags) then I have no way of returning to the...
  4. I can't read the grey text!!!! Please do something about it as I can't read as well or have...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't read the grey text!!!! Please do something about it as I can't read as well or have...: Why do we have grey text? Light grey over white background and hard to read. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/i-cant-read-the-grey-text-please-do-something/16284879-b21a-4b09-a39d-5af8c24b92b5
  5. Help i cant stream anny kind of video!!!!

Help i cant stream anny kind of video!!!!: After I had finished all of my updates, I found that I couldn't watch videos anymore, streaming/video sites (ex: Youtube, Twitch, Rooster-Teeth, Netflix, Hulu) wont load and or kick me out immediately as it loads. it even kicks me out of the Microsoft store if a video starts...
  6. How do I find my wifi passphrase on my computer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I find my wifi passphrase on my computer?: wifi is connected, but I need to get the passphrase to connect another device. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/how-do-i-find-my-wifi-passphrase-on-my-computer/70448f73-6d8a-4e13-b62e-d523ff3ecc86
  7. When booting, apps/files open that I didn't set to start up *and* those apps/files are not...

When booting, apps/files open that I didn't set to start up *and* those apps/files are not...: Hi. A few days ago I noticed something I've never seen before in my Windows 10 system: There are a few apps that start at startup that (a) I did not set to start up, (b) never started up before, and (c) do not appear in the list of "Startup" items within the Windows Task...
  8. windows 10 keeps recycling desktop screen when loading

windows 10 keeps recycling desktop screen when loading: windows 10 keeps recycling desktop screen when loading. Won't let me open anything. Have tried to shut down and restart, same issue....
  9. Cannot connect my Epson WF-3640 printer to Win 10 desktop wirelessly

Cannot connect my Epson WF-3640 printer to Win 10 desktop wirelessly: Need help connecting Win 10 desktop to Epson Wireless printer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/cannot-connect-my-epson-wf-3640-printer-to-win-10/09ecdb17-7fd6-480a-b2b3-63b6f0245881
  10. Error Code 0x80070032 when logging on to Windows using PIN - can only login to windows...

Error Code 0x80070032 when logging on to Windows using PIN - can only login to windows...: Hello All, Thanks in advance for your replies. Yesterday I tried to login to my Dell Inspiron 15 5570 laptop but got error code 0x80070032 with message that went something along the lines of restarting and trying again. However, I was able to logon using my Microsoft...