Windows 10: Desktop icons font in white. Can't read on white background.

Discus and support Desktop icons font in white. Can't read on white background. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, My desktop icons fonts are in white. Can't read on white background. Have latest Windows 10 home update. Please advise. Thanks, Joe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jdelaney77, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Desktop icons font in white. Can't read on white background.

Hi,

My desktop icons fonts are in white. Can't read on white background. Have latest Windows 10 home update. Please advise.

Thanks,

Joe

:)

jdelaney77, Mar 15, 2019

2. White Lined Border around Desktop Icon after I click on it

Hi Kenneth,

To answer your query, the Desktop icon fonts are dynamic and will show white on dark backgrounds and change to white with a black shadow effect on a light background.
    Desktop wallpaper images have varying colors, it is easy for the font colors being unreadable if they are on top of the same color as a wallpaper image. For instance, a black font on top of a dark part of the background image or a white font on
    a white part of a background image.

Thank you.

Marivel Man, Mar 15, 2019
  3. ziffel Win User
    problem on a few menus - white text on white background

I restarted, unfortunately it didn't help the Cortana issue. Dark mode didn't fix it either. I did get a new clue though. If I mark something on the list as completed, the text appears.

Desktop icons font in white. Can't read on white background. [​IMG]

So it seems to be a font issue - as the completed item uses the strikethru font, which displays normally. I feel like the regular list is somehow set to a white font.

ziffel, Mar 15, 2019
  4. ziffel Win User

Desktop icons font in white. Can't read on white background.

problem on a few menus - white text on white background

G'day all.

I have two instances of having white text on white backgrounds. I use start10 by Stardock, and on its menus, items currently highlighted are showing white text on a white background. Other (non-highlighted) items display correctly.

I also noticed this same thing when Cortana displays something like my shopping list. If i ask her to display my shopping list, she does, and i can see the checkboxes, but the actual text of the list is not visible.

I sense this has something to do with system level font/color settings, but I can't find where this is controlled in Win10.

ziffel, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

Desktop icons font in white. Can't read on white background.

1. Desktop icons font in white. Can't read on white background. - Similar Threads - Desktop icons font

2. white icons background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    white icons background: this happened right out of the blue like windows explorer crashed and restarted itself and did this will all system icons and widnows store apps icons showing in the taskbareither pinned or notif anyone have any solution pls help cuz its pretty much annoying...
  3. white icons background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    white icons background: this happened right out of the blue like windows explorer crashed and restarted itself and did this will all system icons and widnows store apps icons showing in the taskbareither pinned or notif anyone have any solution pls help cuz its pretty much annoying...
  4. White desktop icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    White desktop icons: Sometimes, this desktop icon you can see it in the screenshot would just turn white, but it happens only after certain system reboots etc. I had the same issue with other shortcuts before and I had to go to the original path of certain programs and create a new one from there...
  5. Printing result in black background with white font

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printing result in black background with white font: Hi I am trying to print to a Xerox printer with the printed page resulting in black background with white font. I have deleted and re-installed the driver without success. Would appreciate assistance. Bought a new laptop with Windows 10. Thanks Rey...
  6. Printer is printing with black background and white font

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer is printing with black background and white font: I have just moved house and just had Windows 10 installed on my computer and have got a secondhand printer, a Xerox DocuPrint M265z connected to my computer and it is printing with a black background and white font. The test print from the printer comes out normal but...
  7. white icons on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    white icons on desktop: OK, I just redid windows 10, installed most of my programs, why are there white icons on the desktop? I have 13 icons, 10 are white, is it a corrupt file somewhere? I thought I would have a like new laptop when I did this but far from it, nothing but more problems. 147973
  8. Background white

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background white: Is it possible to change the white background colour in windows. I know this can be done with Window Blinds program but is there another method ? 143319
  9. Unreadable font ... White on White Background and Text

Unreadable font ... White on White Background and Text: Good Evening! I just updated to Windows 10 Version 1903. Everything works great and no problems, except for this. I have had dark mode enabled for a while now and love it. However, after the update, the save file dialogue box that pops up when I need to save something...
  10. Windows Apps Icons with white background

Windows Apps Icons with white background: Hello folks, it's the time of the year again - the fresh install of my machine is nearly complete. However, this time, I have applied the Turquoise Icon Set (Turquoise 1.3). While it works flawless on the icons in my explorer.exe, it has messed up the Windows App...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. desktop icons are white font

2. windows 10 desktop icons written in white

3. i cant read the font on my desktop

4. cant read icons on desktop,
  5. cant read backgroung,
  6. replace white with black shadow font on desktop 2019