Windows 10: Desktop icons for apps in Windows 11

Discus and support Desktop icons for apps in Windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; What are the little mini-icons in the bottom left corner of shortcuts to programs/applications on the Windows 11 desktop? look like file boxes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NeilMacleanBC, Nov 22, 2021.

1. Desktop icons for apps in Windows 11

What are the little mini-icons in the bottom left corner of shortcuts to programs/applications on the Windows 11 desktop? look like file boxes

:)

NeilMacleanBC, Nov 22, 2021

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Nov 22, 2021
  3. Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Nov 22, 2021
  4. Desktop icons for apps in Windows 11

Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Nov 22, 2021
Thema:

Desktop icons for apps in Windows 11

1. Desktop icons for apps in Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Desktop icons apps

2. Windows 11 Desktop Icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Desktop Icon: Does anyone know that the Icon is upside down? human shape icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-desktop-icon/6ffac2d1-7d52-46a4-b81d-a5a311435b2b
  3. Windows 11 and Desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 and Desktop Icons: In versions prior to Windows 10, I could add "Desktop Icons" after right-clicking the task bar and selecting it. I don't like my screen cluttered with icons so I turn them off in the View options. Is it not possible to have the list of desktop icons pop up from the task bar...
  4. Windows 11 and Desktop Icons

Windows 11 and Desktop Icons: In versions prior to Windows 10, I could add "Desktop Icons" after right-clicking the task bar and selecting it. I don't like my screen cluttered with icons so I turn them off in the View options. Is it not possible to have the list of desktop icons pop up from the task bar...
  5. Desktop icons for apps in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop icons for apps in Windows 11: What are the little mini-icons in the bottom left corner of shortcuts to programs/applications on the Windows 11 desktop? look like file boxes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-for-apps-in-windows-11/d70c0c8c-7c58-47a9-8029-ffa59173fbbe
  6. desktop lock icon on apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop lock icon on apps: I recently saw this icon overlaying several but not all apps on my desktop.What does it mean and how can I delete them?Thank you in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-lock-icon-on-apps/221a2d09-63a6-4501-9922-fc68f0138ec0
  7. windows 11 - desktop icons

windows 11 - desktop icons: happy to install windows 11i find that the old desktop icons such as this PC, CHROME, EDGE ETC ARE NOT REMOVED AND THE NEW ONES GOT SUPERIMPOSED ,, ALSO THE NEW ICONS ADDED GET SUPERIMPOSED ON OTHERS NOT ALLOWING NEW COLUMN ADDITION ON THE DESKTOPANY SOLUTION?...
  8. windows 11 - desktop icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 - desktop icons: happy to install windows 11i find that the old desktop icons such as this PC, CHROME, EDGE ETC ARE NOT REMOVED AND THE NEW ONES GOT SUPERIMPOSED ,, ALSO THE NEW ICONS ADDED GET SUPERIMPOSED ON OTHERS NOT ALLOWING NEW COLUMN ADDITION ON THE DESKTOPANY SOLUTION?...
  9. Desktop icon locking app

Desktop icon locking app: I am looking for a program that will lock my icons on the desktop positions I put them in and I read about a program calledDesklock but I can't find any place to get it. Is this program any good and where can I find it. IfDesklock is no longer available can anyone else...
  10. Icons/apps on desktop.

Icons/apps on desktop.: I have a new HP with windows 10, how do I get the icons/apps onto the desktop as the 'old' shortcuts ? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/iconsapps-on-desktop/b164b48b-58ce-4e2d-81df-dafed176e7c4