Windows 10: Desktop Icons Freezed

Discus and support Desktop Icons Freezed in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi , I downloaded an application called Fences , it a tool that helps to icon grouping on the desk top. Soon i downloaded and installed the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RC#88, Jul 5, 2018.

1. RC#88 Win User

Desktop Icons Freezed

Hi ,

I downloaded an application called Fences , it a tool that helps to icon grouping on the desk top.

Soon i downloaded and installed the tool , all my desk top icons are freezed and cannot move.

The basic things are already tried like below but it doesn't work .

• Restarting the system
    • undoing of auto arrange

Please suggest how to resolve this issue .

Thanks

RC

:)

RC#88, Jul 5, 2018

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Jul 5, 2018
  3. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Jul 5, 2018
  4. Desktop Icons Freezed

Desktop Icons

Hello Glenda,

Share this information to assist you better.

• Is the issue particular to the Comcast?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates?
    • Did you try changing icons of other shortcuts?
    Follow the steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Press Windows+I to open Settings panel, and click
    Personalization to access Personalization settings.

Step 2: Tap Change desktop icons on the top left in the Personalization window.

Step 3: In the Desktop Icon Settings window, select the icon of
    This PC and click Change Icon.

Step 4: Choose a new icon from the list, and tap OK.

Step 5: Click OK to confirm the change.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jul 5, 2018
Thema:

Desktop Icons Freezed

1. Desktop Icons Freezed - Similar Threads - Desktop Icons Freezed

2. desktop freezing what I right click on a desktop icon/shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop freezing what I right click on a desktop icon/shortcut: I am running Windows 11 Home.I am also running latest version. When ever I right click a desktop icon/shortcut the desktop freezes and the cursor shows the loading circle. After right clicking on a icon I can not click on anything on my desktop until I restart my PC. While...
  3. desktop freezing what I right click on a desktop icon/shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    desktop freezing what I right click on a desktop icon/shortcut: I am running Windows 11 Home.I am also running latest version. When ever I right click a desktop icon/shortcut the desktop freezes and the cursor shows the loading circle. After right clicking on a icon I can not click on anything on my desktop until I restart my PC. While...
  4. Freezing on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Freezing on desktop: My Lenovo desktop freezes as i run a virtual desktop and windows solitaire. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/freezing-on-desktop/803c56cb-b031-4fe3-8576-0752eadf9d17
  5. Freezing on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Freezing on desktop: My Lenovo desktop freezes as i run a virtual desktop and windows solitaire. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/freezing-on-desktop/803c56cb-b031-4fe3-8576-0752eadf9d17
  6. Freezing on desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Freeze on Desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Freeze on Desktop: I looked into the DMP file and I found the next:can you please help me understand the failure here?link for the DMP file:https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlD_CGKGIVUVave_OEJ4LfzV0Jc?e=3EvqcP...
  8. Desktop freezing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop freezing: When i start my laptop and the desktop is start after one or two refreshing laptop takes loading but 8-10 min. Or when i chack in task meneger ther is no problem show or heavy application. After 8-10 min laptop run smuthly but in 8-10 min its desktop is not working and mouse...
  9. Freezing desktop and taskbar icons and freezing applications

in Windows 10 Support
    Freezing desktop and taskbar icons and freezing applications: Hello Wondering if anybody can help with a windows 10 issue My pc has been working fine for weeks now Suddenly, over the last few days its developed an issue that seems to be getting progressively worse Basically, all the desktop and taskbar icons keep freezing up...
  10. Desktop icon on desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Desktop icon on desktop: Hi, A desktop icon suddenly appeared on my desktop.. If I delete it, the whole desktop is also deleted... The desktop folder on the drive, does not contain that icon. Does anyone has any experience with this scenario? *Smile 5511