Windows 10: Desktop icons get underlined

Discus and support Desktop icons get underlined in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hey, does anyone know why my desktop icons get underlined, and how to fix it? submitted by /u/arthur_x07 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/arthur_x07, Mar 30, 2021.

1. Desktop icons get underlined

/u/arthur_x07, Mar 30, 2021

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Mar 30, 2021
  3. Donna Men Win User
    Windows 10 Pro Remove underline from desktop folders

Hi Martin,

This usually appear cause of depending on the folder settings. You can remove the underline by following these steps:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Choose File Explorer Options (should be on Small icons view to see it).
    • Under Click items as follows, click Underline icon titles only when I point at them or
      Double-click to open an item.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Should there be anything else, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Donna Men, Mar 30, 2021
  4. Desktop icons get underlined

Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Mar 30, 2021
Thema:

Desktop icons get underlined

1. Desktop icons get underlined - Similar Threads - Desktop icons underlined

2. Cant get Icons on desktop

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cant get Icons on desktop: Hello, So I have recently built my own pc and went to go download stuff from the Microsoft store. I was able to download stuff like Forza 4 and MSI dragon center. The thing is when I downloaded those programs they never gave me an icon on my desktop. to be able to play Forza...
  3. underline in taskbar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    underline in taskbar: Since I upgraded to Windows 10 2004, the underline beneath the open programs on the taskbar is hidden below the bottom of the monitor. They are all present, which I can verify If I expand the taskbar to 2-line. But that has never been necessary before. I do not wish to reduce...
  4. How to get the underline taskbar like that?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to get the underline taskbar like that?: [IMG] submitted by /u/ninjalol23 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fuije7/how_to_get_the_underline_taskbar_like_that/
  5. Taskbar Underline

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar Underline: Is there anyway to increase the taskbar underline or get rid of it? [img] 148391
  6. Taskbar active icon underline customise

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar active icon underline customise: Hello friends I have a problem with telling apart icons on my taskbar between active and just pinned because my screen is damaged and has a permanent blue line along the bottom of the screen. I know there is a way to customise the line and i would like to make it more...
  7. Underlining in Word

Underlining in Word: How can I permanently set the underline colour in word, so every new document I create already has the underline colour set to a colour I have selected. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/underlining-in-word/184bb8ec-d6ed-4703-b187-1cf9292b7a14
  8. taskbar icon underlined

taskbar icon underlined: Why do I have an icon on the taskbar underlined and how do I get rid of it? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icon-underlined/a35c35ae-e56d-48c8-964d-f4e48b3cd809
  9. Underlined icon in the taskbar disappear (picture 1) and reappear

in Windows 10 Support
    Underlined icon in the taskbar disappear (picture 1) and reappear: [img] It will reappear about 15-20 minute after disappear... Then for a long while it will disappear again... --------- [img] I have expand the tastkbar wider (picture 2) and found that underlined is not disappear but it hiding lower. So I can see underlined if I...
  10. Active Taskbar Icon Underline - how to move it to the top

Active Taskbar Icon Underline - how to move it to the top: I have a problem with the underline beneath the active taskbar icons. I find them hard to see and they get hidden by my tablets case. So I moved the taskbar to the top of the screen. Should have known, because of syncing this automatically moved the taskbar on my desktop...