Windows 10: Desktop icons have labels but no pic???

Discus and support Desktop icons have labels but no pic??? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Have spent hours trying to resolve this issue but no luck. The picture part of my desktop icons has disappeared. in a folder, file thumbnails show... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JaneHood, Sep 19, 2018.

1. JaneHood Win User

Desktop icons have labels but no pic???

Have spent hours trying to resolve this issue but no luck.

The picture part of my desktop icons has disappeared. in a folder, file thumbnails show their name/label but no picture.

Have already tried the suggested 'canned' methods to repair. Useless.

:)

JaneHood, Sep 19, 2018

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Sep 19, 2018
  3. appearance of desktop icon labels

I've inquired previously on this same topic. When I followed the procedure described in the response, I got nowhere; 5he targets of the links listed did not exist.

I want to change the appearance of the labels attached to desktop icons (font ID, font size, bold, italic, color, etc.) How do I do this?

Jim Giglio 81 - gmail, Sep 19, 2018
  4. Desktop icons have labels but no pic???

Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Sep 19, 2018
Thema:

Desktop icons have labels but no pic???

1. Desktop icons have labels but no pic??? - Similar Threads - Desktop icons labels

2. Icons not displaying pics

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Icons not displaying pics: I have tried to clear thumbcache but it's not letting me... HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-not-displaying-pics/bc2db9fa-8b07-4365-ac42-7535a0cdd94e
  3. Desktop icon labels have drop shadows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icon labels have drop shadows: This morning, when I turned on my computer, the desktop icon labels have drop shadows. I have had them set to not have that since I got my computer. Last night, I shut down my computer via the power button on the computer. Today, I have drop shadows that I cannot get rid of...
  4. User icon pics and User desktop background setup

User icon pics and User desktop background setup: Running Windows 10 … have 5 Users defined on one PC. Have 2 PCs on home network. The pics for User icons and User desktop background/setups getting interchanged, some between the 2 PCs. What gives??? How to stop this action. Jim H...
  5. Icon labels

Icon labels: I want to set ALL icon labels (including desktop icon labels) to a larger size and bold. How is this done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-labels/c82b5ade-b36c-4c52-9fb6-7c23f9cf22ae
  6. Labels on Taskbar Icons

Labels on Taskbar Icons: I've accidently changed something that now gives a description for those icons / windows which are open - [ATTACH] How do I get rid of them? TIA https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/labels-on-taskbar-icons/6a4ac344-0405-42dc-85d5-f4c0bbdeda3b
  7. Desktop Icon labels

Desktop Icon labels: Desktop Icon labels are shadowed, hard to read. How do I change the font for the icons? I'd prefer a simple Ariel font. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icon-labels/9c4c706c-65db-4310-834e-ca9ae656f2b4
  8. Transparent desktop icon label background

in Windows 10 Support
    Transparent desktop icon label background: When looking for a solution, all I have found is talk about drop shadows. I thought that was my issue until I looked up the definition for drop shadows, and that is not what I am referring to, I believe. I'm sure you all are familiar with this, but I will attach some...
  9. Changing Font Size of Desktop Icon Label

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing Font Size of Desktop Icon Label: Good day. I wish to know if there is a way to change the font size/style (bold, etc.) of the icon labels ONLY on the desktop screen. I've tried the Control Panel method (Appearance & Personalization -> Display) that allows me to change the fonts for 'ICONS'. However,...
  10. The icons on desktop have disappeared but labels still there

in Windows 10 Support
    The icons on desktop have disappeared but labels still there: i had this issue before and I reset the computer and got it all back and when I turned on the computer this morning the icons were missing and just the names of them were there. and on the task bar there are icons there but not the ones that fit the names they are like a dll...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows desktop icons label disappeared