Windows 10: Desktop icons have shifted

Discus and support Desktop icons have shifted in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I booted up my desktop today and all my icon images have shifted to the left but the links for the programs are still where they originally were... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AlexanderAbbott, Nov 7, 2020.

1. Desktop icons have shifted

I booted up my desktop today and all my icon images have shifted to the left but the links for the programs are still where they originally were

:)

AlexanderAbbott, Nov 7, 2020

2. Resize and rearrange desktop icons with ctrl+shift+(1-0)

To change your desktop icons from vertical to horizontal, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on your desktop.
    • Select small icons.

Once done, try to change again the size and display of your desktop icons using the
    Ctrl+shift+(1-0) mode and check if the same issue persists.

Let us know how it goes.

Acelyn Alc, Nov 7, 2020
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Nov 7, 2020
  4. Desktop icons have shifted

My Desktop Icons shift to the left edge on a weekly basis

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to get more information regarding the issue that you re facing.

Does that mean that you customize the icons on the desktop and it will auto arrange to the left side of the desktop?

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to uncheck the option
    Align icons to the Grid
    option. To do so,

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on View.
    • Uncheck Align icons to the Grid option.
    Hope the information helps if the issue still persists, reply with the more information regarding the issue that you are facing. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 7, 2020
Thema:

Desktop icons have shifted

1. Desktop icons have shifted - Similar Threads - Desktop icons shifted

2. HAVE AN ISSUE WITH DESKTOP ICONS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HAVE AN ISSUE WITH DESKTOP ICONS: Hi. I am experiencing an issue with the desktop icons in Windows 11... I have been told to try some testingin safe mode. I am not familiar with this process and want to know the steps to boot in safe mode and after I'mdone, how to return to normal mode.Can someone assist me...
  3. HAVE AN ISSUE WITH DESKTOP ICONS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HAVE AN ISSUE WITH DESKTOP ICONS: Hi. I am experiencing an issue with the desktop icons in Windows 11... I have been told to try some testingin safe mode. I am not familiar with this process and want to know the steps to boot in safe mode and after I'mdone, how to return to normal mode.Can someone assist me...
  4. Desktop icons have disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop icons have disappeared: I restarted my laptop and noticed all my desktop icons have disappeared. Theres also this weird shaded panel at the top of my screen which was never there before. When clicking on the shaded panel, it opens one of the files I had on my desktop.Additionally, when I go to my...
  5. Desktop icons have disappeared

Desktop icons have disappeared: I restarted my laptop and noticed all my desktop icons have disappeared. Theres also this weird shaded panel at the top of my screen which was never there before. When clicking on the shaded panel, it opens one of the files I had on my desktop.Additionally, when I go to my...
  6. Some desktop shortcut icons disappearing/shifting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some desktop shortcut icons disappearing/shifting.: Hello,Not infrequently, some of my desktop shortcut icons will simply blink and disappear, or suddenly move out of place. All my desktop/icon settings are correct. This is an up to date HP on Windows 11. Why is this happening? I finally trashed all the shortcuts except...
  7. Some desktop shortcut icons disappearing/shifting.

Some desktop shortcut icons disappearing/shifting.: Hello,Not infrequently, some of my desktop shortcut icons will simply blink and disappear, or suddenly move out of place. All my desktop/icon settings are correct. This is an up to date HP on Windows 11. Why is this happening? I finally trashed all the shortcuts except...
  8. Desktop shortcuts have no icon?

in Browsers and Email
    Desktop shortcuts have no icon?: I downloaded a few games today and the problem is that it doesn't have an icon. Here's a picture: [ATTACH] And if I look for it at the bottom of the search bar, I won't find it. https://www.gutefrage.net/frage/desktop-verknuepfungen-haben-kein-icon
  9. Desktop Icons have disappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icons have disappeared: All of the icons on my desktop have disappeared. The text for the APPs is there and clickable. All programs appear to work. Also in the FILE EXPLORER even when I have the View marked as show Icons larger, medium etc. they do not show. On the desktop itself I also have it...
  10. Desktop Icons Have Disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons Have Disappeared: Well, I did something, but cannot find out what it was I dis or how to rectify it. This AM when starting Windows 10 Home, I had no icons on the desktop. Using the file explorer>desktop, they are there, so i did not delete them. Somehow I have hidden them from view. The normal...