Windows 10: Desktop Icons Keep Changing

Discus and support Desktop Icons Keep Changing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I don't know how else to describe this ........... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ShayneSchavee, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Desktop Icons Keep Changing

Desktop Icons Keep Changing 0dc8804e-d071-41cd-ab1d-80972d14c3d5?upload=true.png I don't know how else to describe this ........

:)

ShayneSchavee, Mar 31, 2020
  2. MCK
    mck Win User

Cannot change desktop icon

Sometimes a desktop icon changes from what it was to a plain white folder. Might be something I did but not sure what.

To change it to the icon I want, I go:
    1. Rt-click icon > Properties > Change icon
    2. I select the icon I want from the thumbnails of icons.
    3. Click OK
    4. Click Apply
    But the icon does not change. It just stays looking like a white folder.
    HOWEVER, if I pin the icon to the taskbar, the icon on the taskbar does look like the icon I selected in step-2. So the change is registered with Win10 but the icon on the desktop just doesn't change.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Mar 31, 2020
  4. Desktop Icons Keep Changing

Desktop Icons

Hello Glenda,

Share this information to assist you better.

• Is the issue particular to the Comcast?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates?
    • Did you try changing icons of other shortcuts?
    Follow the steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Press Windows+I to open Settings panel, and click
    Personalization to access Personalization settings.

Step 2: Tap Change desktop icons on the top left in the Personalization window.

Step 3: In the Desktop Icon Settings window, select the icon of
    This PC and click Change Icon.

Step 4: Choose a new icon from the list, and tap OK.

Step 5: Click OK to confirm the change.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

Desktop Icons Keep Changing

1. Desktop Icons Keep Changing - Similar Threads - Desktop Icons Keep

2. desktop icons keep changing place after startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    desktop icons keep changing place after startup: desktop icons keep changing place after startup in Win10, I upgraded it to Win11 also same issueI tried many methods but still https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-keep-changing-place-after-startup/8a414306-7037-43bb-8f1f-68ef784350d0
  3. desktop icons keep changing place after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop icons keep changing place after startup: desktop icons keep changing place after startup in Win10, I upgraded it to Win11 also same issueI tried many methods but still https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-keep-changing-place-after-startup/8a414306-7037-43bb-8f1f-68ef784350d0
  4. change icon on desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    change icon on desktop: I wanted to change the icon to something that I chose and is in JPG format.So, I right-click on the present icon on the desktop, properties, customize, and change icon that is the folder that I would like to place it in, if possible. Ultimately everything this is inside that...
  5. change icon on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    change icon on desktop: I wanted to change the icon to something that I chose and is in JPG format.So, I right-click on the present icon on the desktop, properties, customize, and change icon that is the folder that I would like to place it in, if possible. Ultimately everything this is inside that...
  6. Desktop Icons Keep Changing Positions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icons Keep Changing Positions: Hey, I recently updated my Windows 10 to 20H2. After this, all my desktop icons keep changing position whenever I refresh or restart my laptop. What's the permanent solution to this. I have tried options offered on other Windows' discussion fora without any positive...
  7. Desktop Icons keep changing place while I'm moving the icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop Icons keep changing place while I'm moving the icons: I've never run into this before, but for some reason I just can't arrange my desktop icons because of this. Possibly because I recently got a 1440p monitor and am running dual monitor with that and a 1080p monitor? Any help would be appreciated, it's driving me crazy. Thanks!...
  8. Desktop icons changed...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons changed...: Suddenly, most of my desktop file/folder icons have acquired two opposing blue arrows in the top-right corner of the icon. What does this mean? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-changed/dedee99f-72a0-47a7-bb61-d514efd0e8c4
  9. Desktop Icons keep changing to Black

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons keep changing to Black: Each and every time I boot up 2 of my computers, the desktop icon font color is black. I have to manually change them to white. I have tried looking on Google, tried resolving the problem myself to no avail. So, how can I fix this? Acer Aspire XC603G Desktop and Acer...
  10. desktop shortcut icons keep changing/moving

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop shortcut icons keep changing/moving: my desktop shortcut icons keep changing size and moving about. this isn't a big deal; just annoying. check out the attachments. any ideas? [img] [img] [img] 60173