Windows 10: Desktop Icons Keep Changing

Discus and support Desktop Icons Keep Changing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I don't know how else to describe this ........... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ShayneSchavee, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Desktop Icons Keep Changing

Desktop Icons Keep Changing 0dc8804e-d071-41cd-ab1d-80972d14c3d5?upload=true.png I don't know how else to describe this ........

:)

ShayneSchavee, Mar 31, 2020
  2. MCK
    mck Win User

Cannot change desktop icon

Sometimes a desktop icon changes from what it was to a plain white folder. Might be something I did but not sure what.

To change it to the icon I want, I go:
    1. Rt-click icon > Properties > Change icon
    2. I select the icon I want from the thumbnails of icons.
    3. Click OK
    4. Click Apply
    But the icon does not change. It just stays looking like a white folder.
    HOWEVER, if I pin the icon to the taskbar, the icon on the taskbar does look like the icon I selected in step-2. So the change is registered with Win10 but the icon on the desktop just doesn't change.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Mar 31, 2020
  4. Desktop Icons Keep Changing

Desktop Icons

Hello Glenda,

Share this information to assist you better.

• Is the issue particular to the Comcast?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates?
    • Did you try changing icons of other shortcuts?
    Follow the steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Press Windows+I to open Settings panel, and click
    Personalization to access Personalization settings.

Step 2: Tap Change desktop icons on the top left in the Personalization window.

Step 3: In the Desktop Icon Settings window, select the icon of
    This PC and click Change Icon.

Step 4: Choose a new icon from the list, and tap OK.

Step 5: Click OK to confirm the change.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

Desktop Icons Keep Changing

1. Desktop Icons Keep Changing - Similar Threads - Desktop Icons Keep

2. Desktop keeps changing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop keeps changing: Hello, I have recently done a fresh install of windows and have still no solutions to my problem. Every time my triple monitor set-up goes to power save, everything changes. This happens as soon as the monitors go to sleep/standby, or if i reboot, or if i put the PC to...
  3. Desktop Icons keep relocating?

Desktop Icons keep relocating?: I'm running Windows 10 but have never understood why the Desktop Icons can randomly rearrange themselves on their own... I'm not looking to locking down the icons where I can't move them at all though. Is it possible to keep them from relocating unless I manually move them...
  4. Desktop icons changed...

Desktop icons changed...: Suddenly, most of my desktop file/folder icons have acquired two opposing blue arrows in the top-right corner of the icon. What does this mean? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-changed/dedee99f-72a0-47a7-bb61-d514efd0e8c4
  5. Desktop Icons Keep Moving

Desktop Icons Keep Moving: Hello, Every time my screen goes black, because it has been 15 minutes (screensaver setting) or I wake it from Sleep Mode, all of my icons are moved to the other side of the screen. I just find this really annoying to move them back to the order I had them. Is there a...
  6. Desktop icons keep rearranging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop icons keep rearranging: when i rearrange position of the icon it will amass icon in 1 point, i have checked align icon to grid but it just like that again,don't know how to fix it[ATTACH] ***Changed title from Error icons***...
  7. Changing Icons On Desktop

Changing Icons On Desktop: Hello, all. Is there a way to change to icons on the desktop from stock image to something custom, like a picture? If not a picture, then just a different icon? I am mainly thinking of the folders with their generic folder icons. Thanks for the feedback. bug 94787
  8. Desktop Icons Keep Resetting?

Desktop Icons Keep Resetting?: First time poster. My body is ready. Basically, every time I re-size my desktop icons to a more comfortable size, and then later reboot. They return to their original chunky size. Could someone shed any light on why it keeps doing this? Tried several fixes from Windows...
  9. Desktop Icons keep changing to Black

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons keep changing to Black: Each and every time I boot up 2 of my computers, the desktop icon font color is black. I have to manually change them to white. I have tried looking on Google, tried resolving the problem myself to no avail. So, how can I fix this? Acer Aspire XC603G Desktop and Acer...
  10. desktop shortcut icons keep changing/moving

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop shortcut icons keep changing/moving: my desktop shortcut icons keep changing size and moving about. this isn't a big deal; just annoying. check out the attachments. any ideas? [img] [img] [img] 60173