Windows 10: Desktop Icons keep flashing which temporarily freezes what I am doing

Discus and support Desktop Icons keep flashing which temporarily freezes what I am doing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I open a File Explorer in Windows 10 Professional 64bit (OS Version 1903) and open my Pictures folder all of the desktop icons keep flashing which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JimWooding, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Desktop Icons keep flashing which temporarily freezes what I am doing

When I open a File Explorer in Windows 10 Professional 64bit (OS Version 1903) and open my Pictures folder all of the desktop icons keep flashing which slows down my computer and whatever I'm doing. If I try typing every time the screen icons flash it freezes my typing input and I have to wait for a split second in between the flashes in order to type a few characters. I've tried a number of suggestions on the Internet but to no avail. Nothing so far works to fix this. HELP

:)

JimWooding, Sep 3, 2019

2. After installing windows 10, desktop has no icons and flashes

Any suggestions?

sbbarnett24, Sep 3, 2019
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Sep 3, 2019
  4. RC#88 Win User

Desktop Icons keep flashing which temporarily freezes what I am doing

Desktop Icons Freezed

Hi ,

I downloaded an application called Fences , it a tool that helps to icon grouping on the desk top.

Soon i downloaded and installed the tool , all my desk top icons are freezed and cannot move.

The basic things are already tried like below but it doesn't work .

• Restarting the system
    • undoing of auto arrange
    Please suggest how to resolve this issue .

Thanks

RC

RC#88, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

Desktop Icons keep flashing which temporarily freezes what I am doing

1. Desktop Icons keep flashing which temporarily freezes what I am doing - Similar Threads - Desktop Icons keep

2. Mouse Cursor Keeps Disappearing? hard to tell what I am doing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse Cursor Keeps Disappearing? hard to tell what I am doing: Mouse Cursor Keeps Disappearing? website is no help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-cursor-keeps-disappearing-hard-to-tell-what/1930015f-e588-4bcc-9594-f30bb5f73816
  3. MediaCreationTool -- What am I doing wrong?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MediaCreationTool -- What am I doing wrong?: This worked a few weeks ago. Path to Media Creation Tool is 'd:\Acer G9-792\Create your own Windows 10 installation media\MediaCreationTool1803.exe' I created a Firewall Rule to allow it through. Now I'm getting this error: "There was a problem running this tool....
  4. Desktop Icons and Taskbar Icons are Flashing, Continously

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Desktop Icons and Taskbar Icons are Flashing, Continously: Hi: I am experiencing blinking/flashing of several icons that are located on my Win10-64 Pro desktop PC's screen, and several icons for programs and for File Manager, that are pinned to within the taskbar. The PC is a DELL XPS 8700 desktop. I think my PC has Windows 10...
  5. i am cofused on what to do here

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i am cofused on what to do here: To compile the source code of the Delphi programs provided, you will need to install the additional packages in the "VCL" folder found here. You will also need to install, for specific programs (e.g. the Spam Learner Pro), an additional update for your Delphi 7 distribution...
  6. What am I doing wrong?

What am I doing wrong?: Hi, I have been trying to create custom Windows themes complete with background images and sounds which I have no problem getting to work on my computer. The problem I am having is when I save the theme the file size is extremely small and when I shared it with someone to try...
  7. Desktop Icons Freezed

Desktop Icons Freezed: Hi , I downloaded an application called Fences , it a tool that helps to icon grouping on the desk top. Soon i downloaded and installed the tool , all my desk top icons are freezed and cannot move. The basic things are already tried like below but it doesn't work...
  8. OneDrive. What am I doing wrong?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive. What am I doing wrong?: If I open OneDrive from the taskbar, open a folder, click on a file and then click "Share" a pane opens on the right hand side of the window. I am then invited to create an email account. I have done this but set up my existing email provided by my ISP. I am then invited to...
  9. Desktop keeps flashing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Desktop keeps flashing: I tried finding someone else with this problem and solution with no luck. Windows 10 installed with no issue but when I sign in the cursor just acts as tho it is thinking and will not let me do anything. Also the desktop keeps flashing. Only way out is to task manager out...
  10. Desktop icons occasional flash

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons occasional flash: It's not very often at all but now and then the desktop icons will refresh in a split second, is this normal? I also use fast start/boot. It's very quick, goes through bios and login screen is instant but the icons don't all pop up on my desktop immediately, some of them...