Windows 10: Desktop Icons keep flashing which temporarily freezes what I am doing

Discus and support Desktop Icons keep flashing which temporarily freezes what I am doing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I open a File Explorer in Windows 10 Professional 64bit (OS Version 1903) and open my Pictures folder all of the desktop icons keep flashing which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JimWooding, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Desktop Icons keep flashing which temporarily freezes what I am doing

When I open a File Explorer in Windows 10 Professional 64bit (OS Version 1903) and open my Pictures folder all of the desktop icons keep flashing which slows down my computer and whatever I'm doing. If I try typing every time the screen icons flash it freezes my typing input and I have to wait for a split second in between the flashes in order to type a few characters. I've tried a number of suggestions on the Internet but to no avail. Nothing so far works to fix this. HELP

:)

JimWooding, Sep 3, 2019

2. After installing windows 10, desktop has no icons and flashes

Any suggestions?

sbbarnett24, Sep 3, 2019
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Sep 3, 2019
  4. RC#88 Win User

Desktop Icons keep flashing which temporarily freezes what I am doing

Desktop Icons Freezed

Hi ,

I downloaded an application called Fences , it a tool that helps to icon grouping on the desk top.

Soon i downloaded and installed the tool , all my desk top icons are freezed and cannot move.

The basic things are already tried like below but it doesn't work .

• Restarting the system
    • undoing of auto arrange
    Please suggest how to resolve this issue .

Thanks

RC

RC#88, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

Desktop Icons keep flashing which temporarily freezes what I am doing

1. Desktop Icons keep flashing which temporarily freezes what I am doing - Similar Threads - Desktop Icons keep

2. desktop freezing what I right click on a desktop icon/shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop freezing what I right click on a desktop icon/shortcut: I am running Windows 11 Home.I am also running latest version. When ever I right click a desktop icon/shortcut the desktop freezes and the cursor shows the loading circle. After right clicking on a icon I can not click on anything on my desktop until I restart my PC. While...
  3. desktop freezing what I right click on a desktop icon/shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    desktop freezing what I right click on a desktop icon/shortcut: I am running Windows 11 Home.I am also running latest version. When ever I right click a desktop icon/shortcut the desktop freezes and the cursor shows the loading circle. After right clicking on a icon I can not click on anything on my desktop until I restart my PC. While...
  4. Desktop icons are gone what do I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop icons are gone what do I do?: Video example trash icon gone:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiEP_ENz0Zc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-are-gone-what-do-i-do/10fd8da6-5c29-4db5-9838-58c19762e70c
  5. Desktop icons are gone what do I do?

Desktop icons are gone what do I do?: Video example trash icon gone:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiEP_ENz0Zc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-are-gone-what-do-i-do/10fd8da6-5c29-4db5-9838-58c19762e70c
  6. icons keep their flash color on, no matter what I do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    icons keep their flash color on, no matter what I do: so this has been a thing for a while now and nothing I could think of can fix it. updating windows, reinstalling the app, messing with the registry/other third-party apps. once an app starts flashing yellow requires attention it stays lit up until I close and open it again,...
  7. icons keep their flash color on, no matter what I do

icons keep their flash color on, no matter what I do: so this has been a thing for a while now and nothing I could think of can fix it. updating windows, reinstalling the app, messing with the registry/other third-party apps. once an app starts flashing yellow requires attention it stays lit up until I close and open it again,...
  8. icons keep their flash color on, no matter what I do

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Desktop keeps flashing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Desktop keeps flashing: I tried finding someone else with this problem and solution with no luck. Windows 10 installed with no issue but when I sign in the cursor just acts as tho it is thinking and will not let me do anything. Also the desktop keeps flashing. Only way out is to task manager out...
  10. Desktop icons occasional flash

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons occasional flash: It's not very often at all but now and then the desktop icons will refresh in a split second, is this normal? I also use fast start/boot. It's very quick, goes through bios and login screen is instant but the icons don't all pop up on my desktop immediately, some of them...