Windows 10: Desktop Icons keep relocating?

Discus and support Desktop Icons keep relocating? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 10 but have never understood why the Desktop Icons can randomly rearrange themselves on their own... I'm not looking to locking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mike2874, Apr 11, 2019.

1. mike2874 Win User

Desktop Icons keep relocating?

I'm running Windows 10 but have never understood why the Desktop Icons can randomly rearrange themselves on their own...

I'm not looking to locking down the icons where I can't move them at all though.

Is it possible to keep them from relocating unless I manually move them myself?

:)

mike2874, Apr 11, 2019

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Apr 11, 2019
  3. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Apr 11, 2019
  4. Desktop Icons keep relocating?

Desktop Icons

Hello Glenda,

Share this information to assist you better.

• Is the issue particular to the Comcast?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates?
    • Did you try changing icons of other shortcuts?
    Follow the steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Press Windows+I to open Settings panel, and click
    Personalization to access Personalization settings.

Step 2: Tap Change desktop icons on the top left in the Personalization window.

Step 3: In the Desktop Icon Settings window, select the icon of
    This PC and click Change Icon.

Step 4: Choose a new icon from the list, and tap OK.

Step 5: Click OK to confirm the change.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Apr 11, 2019
Thema:

Desktop Icons keep relocating?

1. Desktop Icons keep relocating? - Similar Threads - Desktop Icons keep

2. Remove/relocate folders from desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove/relocate folders from desktop: Suddenly after a recent Win 10 update the folloing folders have appeared on the desktop. How do I remove them from the desktop? They are not shortcuts but the actual folders.What are they for and how can I remove them safely?Textures - Shapes -Gradients - Patterns - Brushes -...
  3. Remove/relocate folders from desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove/relocate folders from desktop: Suddenly after a recent Win 10 update the folloing folders have appeared on the desktop. How do I remove them from the desktop? They are not shortcuts but the actual folders.What are they for and how can I remove them safely?Textures - Shapes -Gradients - Patterns - Brushes -...
  4. Remove/relocate folders from desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Desktop Icon keep moving

Desktop Icon keep moving: My desktop icon keep moving and I unable to keep them still, I tried the method right- click then select desktop unable to select desktop * * [ATTACH] Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers in the Microsoft Community forum. Contact...
  6. Desktop Icons keep moving

Desktop Icons keep moving: So this has been an ongoing problem for me for months at this point. Every time I restart or shut down my computer my desktop icons rearrange in a way that I did not set. I have gone through many of the common fixes and have had success temporarily fixing it through some...
  7. Relocating User Desktop Folder Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Relocating User Desktop Folder Problem: I need help correcting a problem I created with the relocation of my user Desktop folder. I am new to Windows 10, and I have limited experience with Windows7. System: Lenovo M725s Windows 10 Pro, 1909 Build 18363.815 AMD Ryzen 5 Pro CPU 8 GB memory C: SSD, D: hard file I...
  8. Desktop Icons Keep Changing

Desktop Icons Keep Changing: [ATTACH] I don't know how else to describe this ........ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-keep-changing/8636dead-2bab-479e-a7b3-5a4dfff16584
  9. Desktop Icons Keep Resetting?

Desktop Icons Keep Resetting?: First time poster. My body is ready. Basically, every time I re-size my desktop icons to a more comfortable size, and then later reboot. They return to their original chunky size. Could someone shed any light on why it keeps doing this? Tried several fixes from Windows...
  10. Desktop icons keep rearranging

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons keep rearranging: Hello, My desktop icons keep rearranging and windows explorer won't save the position I put them in. I can rearrange them but when I click 'Refresh' or if I restart explorer or if I reboot they rearrange to another setup. This happens in both normal mode and safe mode....