Windows 10: Desktop icons keeps changing its' place upon bootup

Discus and support Desktop icons keeps changing its' place upon bootup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hai so im a normal guy with normal desktop icons arrangements. but everytime i boot up my windows, doesn't matter from complete power off or a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by iDamn, Apr 17, 2017.

1. iDamn Win User

Desktop icons keeps changing its' place upon bootup

hai

so im a normal guy with normal desktop icons arrangements. but everytime i boot up my windows, doesn't matter from complete power off or a restart. it's a minor problem but i'd like to get it fixed.

https://i.imgur.com/5PBfc5E.png

it used to just be 1 icon (roblox) that were out of line but now IDM aswell. keep in mind that i don't play roblox - not me.

appreciate any response.

:)

iDamn, Apr 17, 2017

2. Disktop Icons keeps on changing its size & places

It is not about
    viruses
    or corrupted files.
    Microsoft
    is aware of the problem and
    to solve it

Enric Cortés, Apr 17, 2017
  3. Disktop Icons keeps on changing its size & places

Hi,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I suggest you to perform SFC scan
    and check.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. Refer
    to the link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

I would also like to inform you that there are chances that your computer is infected with virus/malware. So I would suggest you to download and run the
    Microsoft Safety Scanner.

Microsoft Safety Scanner which is a free Scanner downloadable security tool that provides on-demand scanning and helps remove viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. It works with your existing antivirus software. Refer to the link below:

Safety Scanner - Windows Defender Security Intelligence

Disclaimer: Data or files which are infected by malware might be beyond cleaning and have to be deleted entirely to maintain the integrity of your system, which means there might be a potential for data loss.

Let us know the results and feel free to write for further help and we’ll be more than happy to assist.

Have a nice day.

Navneet Anand, Apr 17, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Apr 17, 2017
  5. iDamn Win User
    thanks for the reply. i tried out desktopOK and it worked wonder. did a clean boot earlier and it seems to be in line like i want it to be.

cheers mate

iDamn, Apr 17, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    Glad it worked for you.

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Desktop icons keeps changing its' place upon bootup - Similar Threads - Desktop icons keeps

2. Desktop Icons Won't Lock in Place

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icons Won't Lock in Place: Why won't my desktop icons stay locked in place? They scramble when I restart my computer and I cannot find what I am looking for so I have to re-organize the Icons almost daily. I have followed Help tips for this issue by Microsoft and still doesn't fix problem. Thank...
  3. Desktop Icons Keep Changing

Desktop Icons Keep Changing: [ATTACH] I don't know how else to describe this ........ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-keep-changing/8636dead-2bab-479e-a7b3-5a4dfff16584
  4. Desktop Icons Rearranging upon Reboot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop Icons Rearranging upon Reboot: Just to clarify, I do know that you have to turn off the auto arrange option in the desktop. I have that option off. I also deleted IconCache yet its still happening. Every time I turn off my computer and turn it back on, some icons go to left and some stay in the arrangement...
  5. lock windows 10 desktop icons in place

lock windows 10 desktop icons in place: lock windows 10 desktop icons in place https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-windows-10-desktop-icons-in-place/07d31507-3d80-409a-a4fd-72062bb74176
  6. Place icons on Windows 10 desktop

Place icons on Windows 10 desktop: I've just moved from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and am still adjusting to more complicated steps. How do I place an icon for Word, Excel and PowerPoint on my desktop. Right now I can only access them on the Taskbar. I'm not used to using the Taskbar for access?...
  7. How to lock desktop icons in place?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to lock desktop icons in place?: All I found so far by Googling was that one should set 'arrange icons to a grid', or similar. That option is already enabled. In fact, the only icon I have on my Windows 10 desktop is the Recycle Bin, but any time other icons or folders are placed there temporarily, it is...
  8. Desktop Icons keep changing to Black

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons keep changing to Black: Each and every time I boot up 2 of my computers, the desktop icon font color is black. I have to manually change them to white. I have tried looking on Google, tried resolving the problem myself to no avail. So, how can I fix this? Acer Aspire XC603G Desktop and Acer...
  9. desktop icons won't stay in place

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop icons won't stay in place: It's not the end of the world, but since a recent Windows update my desktop icons won't stay where I put them. In addition, after my computer boots up and everything is loaded, desktop icons do not appear on their own. I have to right click/view/show desktop icons....
  10. desktop shortcut icons keep changing/moving

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop shortcut icons keep changing/moving: my desktop shortcut icons keep changing size and moving about. this isn't a big deal; just annoying. check out the attachments. any ideas? [img] [img] [img] 60173