Windows 10: desktop icons missing after every reboot in windows10

Discus and support desktop icons missing after every reboot in windows10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; desktop icons missing after every reboot in windows10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by sojanantony, Feb 23, 2021.

1. desktop icons missing after every reboot in windows10

desktop icons missing after every reboot in windows10

:)

sojanantony, Feb 23, 2021

2. Missing desktop icons

Hi,

In order for us to address your concern about the missing desktop icons, kindly answer the following questions first:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer system prior to getting this issue?
    • What is the current version and build of your Windows 10? To get these information follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Once the Run box appears, type Winver.
    • Press Enter.
    • A small window will appear which will show these information.

(You may need to update your Windows computer, please refer to this
    support link
    to get information about Windows update history as well as how to update your device.)

• Aside from doing the commands above, what are other troubleshooting steps have you taken for your missing desktop icons issue?

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Feb 23, 2021
  3. Desktop icons missing?

i guess its not coz oc
    try to right click on desktop you will find show desktop icon

micropage7, Feb 23, 2021
  4. desktop icons missing after every reboot in windows10

Desktop Icons missing

Hello Ted,

There are several reasons why the icons in your Windows 10 may be missing. To better assist you with this matter, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried turning off the Tablet mode feature? To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + I, then select System.
    • Go to Tablet mode, then turn off the Make Windows more touch-friendly when using your device as a tablet.
    • Check if the desktop icons were restored.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will keep an eye out for your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

desktop icons missing after every reboot in windows10

1. desktop icons missing after every reboot in windows10 - Similar Threads - desktop icons missing

2. Desktop Icons missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icons missing: On 7/17/22 Windows did an update KB5015807 and I lost my Desktop Icons and some other apps. I have tried the suggested fix its discussed online but the have not fixed the problem.Please advise what I need to do to get my Windows 10 Desktop running again/Thank you!...
  3. Desktop Icons missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Icons missing: On 7/17/22 Windows did an update KB5015807 and I lost my Desktop Icons and some other apps. I have tried the suggested fix its discussed online but the have not fixed the problem.Please advise what I need to do to get my Windows 10 Desktop running again/Thank you!...
  4. Desktop Icons missing

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Desktop icons rearranging themselves after reboot

Desktop icons rearranging themselves after reboot: I'm on Windows 10 2004 Update Build 19041.746 This started happening recently, my desktop icons is always rearranging themselves after every restart. i have arranged them many times as i need and whenever i restart, they comeback to the weird arranging. Auto arrange...
  6. Desktop icons moving after reboot

Desktop icons moving after reboot: A user has two monitors, one 1920 res primary and the other 1280x1040 secondary. He moves all his icons to where he wants on the desktop and then after a reboot they all move back to the way they were. I have made sure Windows 10 is full up to date and on the latest...
  7. Desktop icons missing from desktop folder Windows10...Brand new computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop icons missing from desktop folder Windows10...Brand new computer: Hi All my icons are showing correctly on the actual desktop Windows 10, but when I open the desktop folder only some of them are there. Not sure why??? Thanks in advance for any ideas...
  8. Battery icon disappears after every reboot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery icon disappears after every reboot: For some time not sure when it first started, so no clue what could have triggered this, every time I restart my laptop the battery icon is missing. As a result the power control options such as when to go to sleep etc. don't take effect and battery will run down to zero...
  9. Desktop Icons missing

Desktop Icons missing: After booting, the desktop icons do not appear. Also, when starting a program from task bar or start menu, the program or window does not open. After 2-3 reboots, the problem seems to fix itself ?? Comments welcome !...
  10. Desktop icons missing after every boot with second display attached

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons missing after every boot with second display attached: I'm using a GTX1080 to run two displays - a 3440x1440 via DP (set as primary) and a 4k TV via HDMI. The 4k TV is almost always off. Every time I boot the computer the desktop icons are missing. If I turn on the 4k TV then they reappear on the 3440x1440 monitor. I can then...