Windows 10: Desktop icons missing from desktop folder Windows10...Brand new computer

Discus and support Desktop icons missing from desktop folder Windows10...Brand new computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi All my icons are showing correctly on the actual desktop Windows 10, but when I open the desktop folder only some of them are there. Not sure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DJzB, Jul 31, 2020.

1. DJzB Win User

Desktop icons missing from desktop folder Windows10...Brand new computer

Hi

All my icons are showing correctly on the actual desktop Windows 10, but when I open the desktop folder only some of them are there. Not sure why???

Thanks in advance for any ideas

:)

2. David Haz Win User

Desktop Missing Icons

Hello,

If the icons are missing on your desktop, there might be a setting that is incorrectly configured, or that the icon cache has been corrupted or damaged. For us to isolate the issue about the missing icons, kindly respond to the questions below:

• Is the Show desktop icons option unchecked? To check, kindly right-click a blank space in the desktop, then select
      View > Show desktop icons.
    • What changes have you done before the issue occurred, i.e. install an app, update, or program?
    • Is the device in tablet mode? To check, kindly press the Start button, then select
      Settings > System > Tablet mode. From there check if the
      Make Windows more touch-friendly when using your device as a tablet option is turned on.
    • What happens when you create a new folder in the desktop? Does the created folder appear? To create a new folder in the desktop, kindly right-click an empty space in the desktop, then select
      New > Folder.

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, Jul 31, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

95Viper, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Mussels Win User

Removing desktop icons

the icons are located in 'all users' folder somewhere (for example, i see a few shared icons in "C:\Users\Public\Desktop" )

The only way to fix those, is to remove the icons from there, and place them on to each users desktops manually. an admin may need to do this.

Mussels, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

1. Desktop icons missing from desktop folder Windows10...Brand new computer - Similar Threads - Desktop icons missing

2. Desktop Icon and folder missing and replace with new icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icon and folder missing and replace with new icon: After I restart my Windows 10 pro, all my icons, file and folder keep in desktop were missing and it show other software icons. I go check my desktop folder C:\Users\yourusername\Desktop\myloginname, all my icons, file and folder is there but it not shown in my desktop. Why...
  3. Desktop Icon and folder missing and replace with new icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Icon and folder missing and replace with new icon: After I restart my Windows 10 pro, all my icons, file and folder keep in desktop were missing and it show other software icons. I go check my desktop folder C:\Users\yourusername\Desktop\myloginname, all my icons, file and folder is there but it not shown in my desktop. Why...
  4. Desktop Icon and folder missing and replace with new icon

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Desktop Icons Missing From Desktop Folder

Desktop Icons Missing From Desktop Folder: I was just starting to back up my C-drive important files in Windows 10 when I realized that there are several desktop folders, including a OneDrive folder, and all of them are missing several desktop icons. I have read read different threads on this subject and tried a...
  6. Some missing desktop icons and folders

Some missing desktop icons and folders: I had a shock a few days ago when I switched on my PC Windows 10 +all updates and booted up to the desktop. Instead of the usual 10 or so Icons, there were only 5 Icons. Even worse, when I started Windows Explorer, I found that My Documents was completely empty. Not a single...
  7. desktop icons missing after every reboot in windows10

desktop icons missing after every reboot in windows10: desktop icons missing after every reboot in windows10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-missing-after-every-reboot-in/b8294b92-7a3e-4128-a645-1245e9a08da5
  8. desktop icon missing from user folder

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop icon missing from user folder: Hello! I'm having an issue with the desktop folder icon always disappearing from the user folder. The desktop folder is there but just as a plain folder. Found the post by Shawn Brink on how to check the desktop.ini file and that is good. Oddly enough I had a similar issue...
  9. desktop icons folders missing

desktop icons folders missing: I accidently pushed something all my icons on desktop are not visible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-folders-missing/527a04e5-6679-4ef3-9c15-69ae680eed23
  10. Missing folders and icons from desktop screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing folders and icons from desktop screen: Hello, I have a problem, after uninstalling Blizzard launcher, some of my desktop folders and icons disappeared. I don't know what happened, everything worked until then. Can anyone help me, please? 141013